Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Our son is wrapping up his 8th grade at LACES and we are very happy with our choice in LACES. Before we came here we heard a lot about the High School but not much about middle school. And frankly there were some people who said, "They don't care about Middle School at LACES." My sense is that may have been true a number of years ago with the previous administration. But nothing could be further from the truth now. There are many enganging opportunities for the middle school students and parents. And a thriving Middle School parent community. There are dances for middle schoolers, field trips to DC and Yosemite. There are some terrific teachers in Middle School. And the school now has Schoology which provides updates every week on how your child is doing in all his classes with test scores. This is the first year of Schoology and it has been great. We are now looking very forward to High School at LACES. As a parent I feel very supportive. And once again US NEWS and Report has rated LACES #18 in California. And #1 in Los Angeles.

My son loves it and is thriving. I have also enjoyed meeting and have been impressed with the parents (especially for the middle school) who are so committed to helping the school community.

Academic rigor, a new commitment to the arts, and engaging teachers coupled with socio-economic and racial diversity makes for a real-world environment that thoroughly prepares students for any college. What public education should be.

This is our second year at LACES and it has been a terrific experience all around. My daughter has made a wonderful group of friends, the academics are hard (but not over the top as I had feared) and the parent community is fantastic! The principal is very accessible and responsive, the teachers care deeply about the quality of the education that the kids receive and the electives are outstanding. We are all very grateful to be at LACES!

I have a 7th grade boy and an 11th grade girl, with different learning styles. They are both thriving at LACES, and have had wonderful experiences both at school and outside of school with friends they made at LACES. The academics are rigorous, but not to be feared. The middle schoolers and high schoolers mix well, but generally do not pay much attention to each other. The middle school parents are taking active steps to build up the MS community to make it as important as the HS, and because of those steps, more attention is being focused on it by the administration. LACES has been a fantastic experience overall for our family!

My daughter is a sixth grade student. We have been very pleased with the middle school. The coursework is challenging but LACES offers support to make all kids successful. And for those who need an extra challenge, they provide that as well. The teachers are all great, there is no bullying, and the kids all come together and support one another. A group of supportive parents are helping to bring new programs to the school for the arts and theater. My daughter has participated in a student-run musical (lead by a high school union) which has been an amazing experience. If you are looking for a wonderfully diverse and supportive academic community, LACES is for you.

LACES is the best gift anyone could ever hope for. We are blessed with the most wonderful Principal in Harold Boger that anyone could ever hope for. The school provides a top notch college prep program and prepares the kids for the Top schools in the US.

We have been at LACES for two years and have been very happy. Is every class and every teacher perfect? Ah, no. But then again I live in the real world and don't expect perfection. But my son's 6th grade had some stellar teachers including a fabulous English class. I was blown away by the poetry he wrote in her class. 7th grade has been a great year in many ways. Socially my son is more comfortable in his skin and has been enjoying his peers a great deal. Last year he kept to himself a lot but still had some nice connections. The classes are large (hello, LAUSD) but there is still something going on in the class that keeps him engaged. One thing that I hear a lot from other people who don't have kids at LACES is, "What about sixth graders being on campus with High Schoolers?" They really are ships that pass in the night. The High Schoolers do their own thing as do the middle schoolers. Age difference is no big deal. Many middle school parents are starting to build up the Middle School Community. MS has been in the shadow of High School for awhile but that is changing in front of our eyes. Very exciting time to be at LACES.

This school is the best you could hope for in a public school with kids who are motivated to learn. LACES is not about being the smartest kid around...it is about the kid who is willing to work the hardest. The teachers are supportive and responsive , administration is amazing and the parent community just wants to help get things done. This school was not my first choice and I cried when we were accepted because I knew we had no choice to give it a try. There is only one tour a year and it is awful and doesn't give a good insight what really the school is like. The tour has thousands of people. LACES is relativity small and everyone knows your name. My 11 year old son couldn't be happier! It is the best possible thing that could have happened to our family!

I love this school. But im telling you very hard to get in you will have to be striving for excellence to get in and they only let in 240 6th grade and 35 9th graders. I wish I were one of those lucky people who got into a school like this one

Last modified Los Angeles Center For Enriched Studies is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.