Los Angeles, CA

Posted February 08, 2014
Your teacher will know you and help you achieve your goals in life. The important person in the classroom is you, not the teacher or anyone. No one can force you to be in City of Angels, you can only come of your own free will, and we do not have to keep you if you do not care about your future and do not work towards success. We do not give failing grades, but you only advance based on what work you produce. We encourage you to become someone great and successful, and we will point you in the right way. But you are the one who must do the work to get where you want to go.

Posted August 22, 2013
C of A has been terrific for my teenage son who has an IEP. The Venice branch is a real oasis of learning for kids with special Ed needs as this particular branch has a great teacher with Special Ed knowledge and understanding.

Posted August 13, 2013
Absolutely adore city of angels. I attended the mid valley branch for 3 years and it was definitely the best school. In 9th grade I had illnesses that prevented me from attending school on a regular basis and I honestly didn't know what I was going to do because my family doesn't have the money for homeschooling and my insurance wouldn't cover any of the costs. Luckily, I was referred to this school and I had the BEST teacher anyone could ever ask for, Mrs. Kiehl. I've always been an A student but she motivated me to go above and beyond what I thought I was capable of. She's the type of teacher who won't stand for laziness and will push you like no other. She's not afraid to give it to you straight and tell you that if you don't shape up you'll end up a sorry bum working as a cashier for the rest of your life. Despite her tendency to be brutally frank she's the sweetest person and she honestly cares about her students and their futures. I adore Mrs. Kiehl and am more than thankful for the opportunity I had to attend city of angels and having been taught by such an amazing instructor.

Posted October 04, 2012
The BEST school I have ever attended.. As a past student of this school, BEFORE I enrolled here, I dealt with bullying and I was sick enough that it had caused me to go in and out of school to the hospital or serious enough to go to the E.R.. From elementary - high school, I suffered a great deal of depression and had continuous thoughts of suicide since the early age of 8, I had been repeatedly tyrannized by my teachers, hitting me and throwing textbooks at me and calling me scum, advising me to kill myself, then I'd be ostracized by students. In middle school, I had food and trash thrown at me, my pants pulled down during P.E.(I am also a female), and the staff doing nothing to help me. I felt worthless and attempted suicide many times. Soon, I enrolled onto high school and although I wasn't bullied, I was the target of terrible rumors. So I transferred to this school.This paradise. My teachers and counselors were gentle and kind. I experienced one on one instructing and upon hearing news of my attempts at suicide, the principal had me see a therapist at their expense. I had never thought such kindness existed. So say what you like, this school is a blessing. It saved my life.

City of Angels School 1

Posted October 07, 2011
I would only recommend this school as a last resort. My son and daughter went to the Performing Arts Academy extension and it was the worst academic experience of their life. The teachers were not qualified for the subjects they were teaching, were disorganized, and my children did not learn. The teachers were constantly changing which teachers taught which classes. The main office had no communication with the extension and they seemed to make things up as they went along. My son was asked to tutor other students in Algebra because his Algebra teacher was an art major and did not understand math. I wound up teaching most of the Algebra to my son. There are many other options out there for homeschooling and this is not one that I would recommend.

Posted July 01, 2009
City of Angels is the best thing that could have ever happened for my oldest daughter who, as of 9th grade could hardly multiply. Within the first year of City of Angeles she managed to get an a in geometry and gotten a's and b's throughout (3.5). She'll be graduating soon as will her sister, who opted to go to City of Angels on her own, she was a straight A student early on(4.0). There is alot of work and although they have the 1 hour weekly teacher meeting, the kids have to be well organized, self starters & have a heck of alot of determination. Neither of my kids have ever had disipline problems, neither have any kids, so this was not the case here. Weve been with City of Angele since 2005...Its a great school.

Posted June 03, 2009
Outstanding and unique opportunity for at risk youth. Check out our graduation rates!!

Posted June 03, 2009
This school is amazing. My daughter was a drop out candidate at El Camino and I resisted enrolling her in City of Angels. She now has 3.8 grade average and has recieved an award for overall academic achievment. This school is wonderful for kids who are able to do the work without the distractions of a structured school environment.

City of Angels School 0

Posted March 14, 2009
I really appreciate the City of Angles as a parent because it gives you a choice and an alternative option. Some see it as the school for children who can't keep up or have problems. But, I must say that it also works well for those children who work at a quicker pace, are gifted and like to get right down to business. My son loves it! He's able to work on his acting and music while maintaining his school work. He is also working twice as fast and getting better grades because of the 1 on 1 ratio with the teacher. Best of all...their as tutor available for questions regarding math and that s also on a 1 on 1 basis as well. I couldn't have afforded him this type of personal attention in any other way. I love it.

Posted June 09, 2008