View Park Preparatory Accelerated Charter School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
Although I am not a long-time parent of a student at VPP, I have been very fortunate that my child has had two great teachers and I couldn't be more pleased with the academic strength of my child based on those teachers!

Posted July 14, 2013
My daughter attends View Park High she been going to the School since 7th grade and I never had problem...

View Park Preparatory Accelerated Charter School 2

Posted June 17, 2013
I really wanted to like this school for my kindergartener, and overall I felt she learned alot this past year. However, with that said, the issues this school has from an organizational standpoint are huge. The tests scores for View Park sink a little with each passing year and it is easy to see why. There is lack of skill set and experience among its adiminstrators, teachers and volunteers. I realize that alot of this stems from the school's budget problems; not being able to hire experienced and skilled staff is the main problem I encountered this year. This school was once a thriving resource for education in the community it serves, but that was under a different administration. Currently, its director and support staff are an unorganized and somewhat unprofessional team that appear to be trying to do their best (they do try), but without the proper skill set and experience lack the ability to give the school what it needs most--effective management. My child won't be returning back for first grade and under View Park's current director, I can only see the school's tests scores dropping even further next year.

View Park Preparatory Accelerated Charter School 3

Posted September 18, 2012
It pains me to rate this school as just "average." But I have no choice. This was a terrific school when Mrs. Robin Harris was the Director. But under the administration(s) since she left, the school has been on an absolute downward plummet. Last year's test scores are indicative of the administration's anti-intellectual and completely non-data-driven approach to education. Combine that with a dictatorial, 100%-top-down management style and a ridiculous level of micromanagement, and you see why so many experienced teachers have left, to be replaced by 1st year intern teachers... Although the API score hasn't yet been posted, the CST scores from last year tell the story. It is a chilling sign for ICEF as an educational organization that the Principal who oversaw the precipitous drop in test scores last year was *promoted* to Chief Academic Officer of the entire Charter Management Organization, leaving the old Vice Principal -- who received questionable test results in his years as an educator, and is one of the worst staff managers you could imagine -- in charge. Really, truly sad...

View Park Preparatory Accelerated Charter School 1

Posted August 13, 2012
Apparently, the bullying starts in the elementary school and is not dealt with by the teachers or administration. My granddaughter was bullied in the View Park Middle School by children who were jealous of her high academic intersts and skills. The bullying was verbal and physical. She is not continuing at View Park.

Posted July 12, 2012
I love View Park Elementary. I feel that the teachers here and at the middle school go above and beyond to help your child succeed. I have a 2nd grader, 4th and a 9th grader, that attend View Park I feel that this is an Excellent school, as a single parent it is very important that my children are in an Environment that wants them to succeed as well as gives them encouragement. this was Our 1st year here at View Park and it was Great! Mrs Gaska was my sons 1st grade teacher she is very caring and patient I feel that for my son she was a great fit she helped him to have a great 1st year. all of the teacher were great Mrs Woods the director is Kind and very Knowledgable I Believe in View Park and look forward to All of my Children Graduating from High School here and off to Great Universities!!!!!

View Park Preparatory Accelerated Charter School 1

Posted August 09, 2011
K-2nd is as far as I'll go with this school. VPP use to be a great school. Unfortunately, the constant changes with ICEF has affected VPP in a negative way. Larger classes (30), loss of quality teachers, no computer class, $$ issues that just seem to not end..... Every year that goes by, VPP gets worse.

View Park Preparatory Accelerated Charter School 2

Posted November 30, 2010
my daughter attended this school in third grade and I removed her during the first semister of fourth grade. The staff on the fourth and fifth grade campus are the most unprofessional teachers I have ever encountered. There is NO postive reforcement given to the students. The staff yells and screams at the students. In 2009 a teacher was fired for duct taping a third grade student to a chair and taping his mouth closed because the student misbehaved. Also given the new issues with the ceo of icef this school is not what it use to be. Dont put your children in this school.

Posted September 21, 2010
The school has very high standards for even the kindergarten children. Parents must actively participate and volunteer a minimum amount of hours per year. In other words parents, teachers, community members all work together to foster an overall positive and nurturing environment.

View Park Preparatory Accelerated Charter School 0

Posted April 29, 2010
excellent caring staff with great academics

View Park Preparatory Accelerated Charter School
3751 West 54th Street, Los Angeles, CA  90043
Last modified View Park Preparatory Accelerated Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
View Park Preparatory Accelerated Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top