No rating

Precious Blood

Private | K-8 | 125 students

Living in Los Angeles

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $263,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,330.

Posted May 24, 2013

This school is EXCELLENT ! My son tells me every day about his wonderful learning experience in his class, excited for getting "a gold fish" as a reward in math games, telling me great stories of America history, what a Catholic means, etc. His teacher is very committed to the students. She takes her time to teach the kids. The principal is awesome. She is new, but she listens to kids and parent to make PBS better. The staff are awesome ! We are extremelly happy to call Precious Blood School as our precious school ! The best school in Los Angeles !

Posted August 15, 2012

My daughter Sydney has been gong to school there since Kindergarten. Compared to other children her age (which is 12yrs in September)she has beyond far excelled and matured and is very comprehensive in her studies. She does not have to share her text books with others and the faculty make time for their students. It definitely shows in many ways.

Posted April 19, 2012

This school is a good school and new principal or not the children are still learning much more than the local public schools teach. The students still remain good children with a strong values. Unfortunately, the parents that have been use to running the school are planting negativity and promoting division amongst themselves and the administration. My advice to all interested is, visit the classrooms and just observe the happiness on the children's faces. Shame on you parents for bringing non Catholic values to PBS.

Posted April 2, 2012

This school is horrible. When I first came here it was an average school. However, when the new principal came in, everything went downhill. Students aren't learning anything. The teachers here are horrible.

Posted October 24, 2011

small classroom size and excellent support from the faculty and parents. A family oriented community. A must choice for parents who are looking to enroll children in a small, nurturing community of faith.

Posted November 12, 2009

My two children graduated last year and we have one more in middle school. My two boys are in high school and doing extremely well, while our daughter in middle school is advancing. My husband and I have seen the good changes. This little wonderful school has a great principal and devoted teachers. I think it's a little hidden jewel in our community. Like the person below me said, 'Excellent Excellent School'!!!!

Posted November 2, 2009

Excellent Excellent school. What can I say? the teachers are great, my boy has learned a lot, has gone into honors, and I am very proud of the academics. This school, like how the kids say it, is the bomb.

Posted August 24, 2009

The teachers are great but there is an instability of teachers. There has been at least two new teachers every year since the new principal took over the school. The fundraising and extra money they ask for is ridiculous. My child is no longer at this school for these reasons.

Posted July 12, 2009

I am a parent of my two boys at Precious Blood School. The academics are great! My oldest son graduated and got accepted to Loyola. His reading and study skills improved drastically since he enrolled. Yet, this school may be little, it has a real family feel to it. My son's were always a priority! Thank You.

Posted June 28, 2008

Many many changes in the past 3 years and all good. Terrific principal and teachers. Chess club, Book club, Student Council, Pep and Cheer Squad, Volleyball and Basketball, Art and Music, New Technology, Spirit Afternoons, etc Two of my sons are at top high schools now and my son at PBS loves it there. Parents are friendly and this is a family school where character is taught.

Posted November 17, 2007

This school has had many changes for the better. Quality education, high standards, great administration and teachers. Lots of homework but it is ok with me because my eldest got into the best high school. Family involvement could be more.

Posted June 16, 2007

Wonderful 'family' school for my kids. Students get into great high schools. Dedicated faculty and principal. New computer lab and lots of renovating inside and outside going on. Commited to excellence. I am very happy.

Posted February 21, 2007

This is a great school, I went there for my elementary years, from 1st grade to 8th and graduated in the class of 2005. For me, it had become a 2nd home to me. I really enjoyed the friends I made and the home the school provided from home. I now benefit from what i learned there as a student, im number 5 out of 700 students in my high school :]
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 31, 2005

Catholic School. Quality of academic education not up to par with other catholic schools, and even some public schools. Not much extracurricular activities. Limited facilities.

Asian or Pacific Islander 4% 11%

• Miss Maria Cunanan
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Los Angeles

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

307 South Occidental Boulevard