Posted September 05, 2012
I am so sad that this will be our last year at Pinecrest. My son has cried about having to change schools when this campus closes next year. He has had such a wonderful experience here. ALL of the staff, not just the teachers, know him by name. His teachers have all been very caring, supportive and nurturing, and have also known when to firmly motivate him when needed. The aftercare programs are terrific. And, he has a huge crush on both Ms. Rubi, and on Ms. Corona, (but then, I don't think there's a boy on campus that doesn't. :) I love that he has music, PE, art and computer classes. And, The Tae Kwon Do program on campus is stellar. Masters Adam and Garrett are amazing with the kids. I love the values that they help to instill in the kids, and that they are reinforcing from the Pinecrest teachers and staff. There is very much a sense of family from the teachers, and my son has felt very loved while he has been at this school. He has thrived here, and I am truly saddened to see them close their doors. PVN has been such an integral part of VN. The community is losing a great school. And, I personally, feel that I am losing a part of my family. I hate to see them go.

Pinecrest Schools - Van Nuys 2

Posted July 25, 2012
This is my last year with Pinecrest! Hooray! - I started out with Pinecrest in 2001 with my first child. I have had two additional children attend since then. Over the course of the years, it has gone from bad to worse. I used to get annoyed with the excessive fund raisers and nickel & diming, but it is also the quality and lack of challenge they offer in their teaching curriculm's. I can't see where my kid is getting a "better" education here vs. public school. For the exception of supervised after school care - the benefit for the money is nominal. If you go into the main office, the staff is so lax about assisting you! Ugh! Everything is about money, especially now with them closing their Toddler Center, they are hurting for money and transferring that onto the parents. The field trips for Summer Camp are every other day and there is ALWAYS a fee associated with any activity! OMG! Lunch costs are separate from tuition costs...$$$$$ - Give me a break Pinecrest!

Posted June 29, 2012
My daugher has been with Pinecrest since she was in the Toddler Program. My wife and I love how much she has learned and grown in the company of warm, caring and nurturing teachers. She is currently attending their summer camp program and loves the daily activities and thanks to some wonderful swim coaches she is swimming like a mermaid (as she calls it). We truly feel blessed to have found a school where our daughter is nurtured emotionally and academilly.

Posted June 27, 2012
My two kids both attend this location. They are both honor roll students and have been involved in the sports programs too. For the money, this has been a great investment and the tuition is very reasonable for the daycare hours as well as the education and social environment.

Posted June 27, 2012
We love the school and the summer camp this year is really great! My kids (Kinder and 4th Grade) are having a great time and LOVE coming here every day. They offer summer school and swimming lessons, too. I would highly recommend this school ANY time of the year. Can;t wait for September to start because some really great teachers are coming up in our next grade (1st and 5th). 5th is run like a mini-middle school so the transition to middle and high school. My kids will be more than prepared!

Posted May 25, 2011
I really enjoyed my time at Pinecrest Van Nuys (K-8). The i was never victim of bullying, the teachers were great and always offered one-on-one help. The school always had a great sports program with coaches that were greatly dedicated to their work. With my mom having to be at work by 7, she could drop me off at 6:30 which was great for her. The staff was well educated and always attentive. Though they were young, they could relate to the students on a level that older staff could not have. Everyone in the office is great, very attentive and open to suggestions. With small classes, the teaching was very centered and helped me excel. The middle school program helped prepare me for high school. I am a Junior at Crespi with a 4.3 GPA while playing baseball as well as many other extracurricular activities. The school is great, the staff is great, the teachers are great. Do not listen to the previous comments because they are filled with many red herring/fallacious statements. Take it from a former student, first hand, who knows the ins and outs of the school like non other.

Pinecrest Schools - Van Nuys 1

Posted April 09, 2011
my son has assaulted a few people and he still didn't get introuble so we as parents are mad.

Posted June 26, 2010
As an incoming parent to the toddler program, i am optimistic that the school is great. Attentive staff (love the daily logs), healthy and happy kids, great staffing hours and rates, and a safe playground. In private schools, there is always a high turnover rate b/c usl they're "at-will" staff unlike public schools where they are continually contracted. Turnover doesn't concern me just the quality and care of the educators and I am hopeful that we will be happy here!

Posted May 29, 2010
I enrolled my daughter here for preschool after leaving a Montessori school. Pinecrest offers just the right amount of curriculum and play. My daughter is very happy at Pinecrest. I am very pleased with her teachers and the administrative staff. They have always been available to me and are attentive to my questions and concerns. I do think the nap should not be mandatory, we are having issues with our daughter and her bedtime because of the nap schedule. Hopefully that will be addressed in the near future.

Pinecrest Schools - Van Nuys 2

Posted August 22, 2009
My child is on her 4th principal since preschool. Way too much turnover. The school claims to cater to the working parent, yet they cut off summer camp on Aug. 14 this year. What the heck are we supposed to do with our children while we're at work until school starts. Pinecrest left us high and dry.

Pinecrest Schools - Van Nuys
14111 Sherman Way, Los Angeles, CA  91405
Last modified Pinecrest Schools - Van Nuys is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Pinecrest Schools - Van Nuys Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 72 reviews. Top