Bad
Good

I like that some of the teachers that I had the pleasure of volenteering for were very attentive to each individual and had great control of the classroom. There way of teaching was to me a wonderful suprise because of how the children adapted and enjoyed it.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

with the exception of one teacher I think all the teachers that I've had the pleasure of meeting they are excellent and yes very effective

Amount of homework: Agree

I have to admit that at first I thought it was outrageous amount, but when I saw how well my child did I was really impressed and I wouldn't change a thing .

Develops character: Agree

It's getting better, it all start at the top. What I'm trying to say is, from the Principal to the staff, the teachers and fo course Parents. I am exceptionally pleased with the Principal at First Street School, Mr. Navar who seems to really care for the childs well being as well as there academics and rally listens to parents.

This is a really good school my kids loved going here. We recently moved to south gate and no one school over here compares to this school. This school gives alot of love to there students.

I love this school since my kids started going to first st. elemantary they just have a boost to learn the teachers pay so much attention to them. and my kids are exited to go back to school. first st is the best

Last modified First Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.