Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted August 18, 2015
I like that some of the teachers that I had the pleasure of volenteering for were very attentive to each individual and had great control of the classroom. There way of teaching was to me a wonderful suprise because of how the children adapted and enjoyed it.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted August 18, 2015
with the exception of one teacher I think all the teachers that I've had the pleasure of meeting they are excellent and yes very effective

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 18, 2015
I have to admit that at first I thought it was outrageous amount, but when I saw how well my child did I was really impressed and I wouldn't change a thing .

Develops grit: Agree

Posted August 18, 2015
Yes i do. Some of these teachers have such an effective way of making the students thrive with persistence. eagerness to do better and they love the rewards

Develops respect: Agree

Posted August 17, 2015
Yes I do very much so with the exception of one single teacher who showed me as a parents that if a child has an issue she was uncaring in my eyes she was more like she didn't have time for this. But all that done and said Yes the school develops respect with the great tough and strict teachers that we need. Love the tough, strict teachers

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 17, 2015
Yes just as I mentioned in the prevous topic both go hand in hand. In compassion and honesty, and Integrity

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted August 17, 2015
It's getting better, it all start at the top. What I'm trying to say is, from the Principal to the staff, the teachers and fo course Parents. I am exceptionally pleased with the Principal at First Street School, Mr. Navar who seems to really care for the childs well being as well as there academics and rally listens to parents.

Posted November 09, 2007
This is a really good school my kids loved going here. We recently moved to south gate and no one school over here compares to this school. This school gives alot of love to there students.

Posted September 01, 2007
I love this school since my kids started going to first st. elemantary they just have a boost to learn the teachers pay so much attention to them. and my kids are exited to go back to school. first st is the best

Posted September 17, 2004
Children at this school benefit from a dedicated professional staff that strives to provide a safe and challenging educational environment. Although located in a predominantly low-income area, First Street is one of the safest and best organized elementary in the state. Parents and community members are welcome and are supported by a variety of continuing education programs. As a learn school, all stakeholders have a voice in how the school is run and provide leadership within the community. A great school for all children.

2820 East First Street, Los Angeles, CA  90033-3636
Last modified First Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.