Bad
Good

This is an awesome little school, my daughter started transitional kindergarten and is now in kindergarten. The teachers are amazing as is the principal. A great learning experience for the children because the whole school belongs to them and it helps the children to fully integrate and develop their social skills.

This school is excellent thanks to its staff. My experience through parent involvement I got a first hand look as to the schools functions. They make learning fun, those students who lag are given the best support possible. Students having problems integrating, become social butterfly's. My daughter remembers this school with its staff with loving memories. Haven't found a school since Lafayette with its support. So now my daughter is home schooled. So what I'm trying to get to is, this may be one of the last schools that is even worth letting your child into LAUSD.

La Fayette Primary School has a dynamic, compassionate and gifted teacher. her name is Cynthia Marquand. I believe the school she represents should be proud to have her. She certainly helps boost the teaching standard the school ought to maintain. If not for Mrs. Marquand, my wife and I would not have invested my two sons' formative years under such school's academic discipline. Yes, we did our extensive survey, inclusive of more than 50 kinderganten schools, both private and public, within five mile radius from where we live. We had talked and assessed all of the prospective teachers of our sons at their respective schools. And yet, Mrs. Marquard's class sample presentation and her conversational and professional style of dealing with parents in a friendly, eye-to-eye fashion, had convinced us to choose her as our sons' legendary kinderganten teacher. Indeed, we had not relegated our own responsibility to investigate our children's critical pathway to learning, relative to choosing the best primary school. In fact, we both prayed earnestly for such endeavor of proactively participating for our children's educational welfare. Conversely, Mrs. Marquand is both a blessing to the school, to my children, to us as parents, and certainly to others who deemed her as an asset to La Fayette Primary School in Los Angeles.

This is an amazing school for any students first Kindergarten experience. It is a small school and a safe haven that promotes student learning.

LaFayette Park Primary Center is a wonderful school. There is a sense of nurturing children socially, emotionally, and academically, which comes from the principal, teachers and all staff members. Parents are confident that their children will be safe and secure while surrounded by an all-encompassing positive learning environment. Communication and mutual support between parents and teachers is a priority. With parents and teachers working together, a high percentage of students meet or exceed academic standards. Our graduates love our school, and many return just to keep in touch, give us a hug, and say, 'Thanks.'

La Fayette Park Primary is a school were we help our students feel special, we teach them to learn, and we open their minds to new experiences. Our school is proud of our distinguished and accomplished staff of dedicated professionals. The experienced administrative staff ensures that the school runs smoothly and efficiently. It s a great place to be and I m happy to teach here.

When I first came to this school, I knew it was where I wanted my kids to come. Even though I had to register through Open Enrollment, it was well worth it. My child has learned all his high frequency words, talks about all his friends, and is learning a lot about patterns. Everybody there keeps an eye on the kids so I feel very secure about leaving him there.

LaFayette Park Primary Center has all the components that are needed to constitute a great school. Teachers, principals, paraprofessionals, and support staff, are hard working and dedicated individuals who prove the power of malleable intelligence. Through the school's warm and inviting attitude, parents feel comfortable attending workshops, meeting, and other school related activities. The teachers hold high expectations for all their students and build high self-esteem in them. The teaching that goes on in this school goes beyond of what is expected in a regular kindergarten curriculum. Test scores prove that students leave LaFayette Park Primary Center academically successful. By far, LaFayette Park Primary Center is the best school!!

LaFayette Park Primary Center is a well-balanced learning community composed of parents who are encouraged to get involved, students who strive to do their best and educators and staff that are nurturing and dedicated to their profession. Parents are given many opportunites to get involved such as school site council, workshops that can help them help their child socially or academically, special events in school, etc. Students strive to do their best because they are expected to meet or exceed their benchmarks socially and academically and that can be positively seen in the playground, in the classroom, in their school work and in their assessments. Educators and staff are nurturing and dedicated to their profession and that is focusing on the needs of the students and making sure that they become successful.

The teachers and office staff are wonderful!! My twin sons has special needs. The teachers make an extra effort to help special needs students succeed. Ms. Der, Ms. Lee, and Ms. Ayala are all exceptional. They truly individualize instruction and never look at a student as 'difficult.' In addition, their academic standards are high. I cannot say enough good things about this school. My children are thriving and love going to school. What a wonderful place to start their academic journey.

Last modified Lafayette Park Primary Center is a Public school that serves grade K