Public charter
Los Angeles, CA

Posted December 11, 2014
LALA is the first school that my son has attended where, as a parent, I actually f feel that the teachers, the principal, the administrative staff and the after-school program counselors truly care about their students and truly enjoy their work. Most importantly to me is that my child is thriving here, He is earning mostly A's and A+'s. He likes all of his teachers, he is learning and he is enjoying the process of learning. Everyday he talks to me with enthusiasm about things he did at school, from the art he has created to the cool stuff he learned in Biology etc... He participates in the after-school programs and he willingly signs up for other activities that the school offers, such as field trips and volunteering opportunities. At first he was reticent about going to this school and disliked the fact that he would have to wear a uniform, but he seems to have adapted to the rule without suffering any undue side effects. I feel that LALA and its educators and staff have managed to create an atmosphere where my child feels motivated to learn, to make an effort and to excel, with a focus towards his future and towards achieving his goals.

Posted December 04, 2014
Outstanding small school. I was welcomed with open arms. Class sizes and teacher rapport is outstanding. Everything is done in teams and suggestions, opinions and idas are all welcome.

Posted December 03, 2014
In my opinion, I think LALA is an excellent school to get a good education and it is a place where you will always feel safe. The teachers will always care about the students no matter what actions they take. The school provides you with several school supplies and you are always cared for. Here at LALA, we are a family !

Posted December 03, 2014
well this school is lala there's a lot of good things here but the only thing i don't like is uniform.but besides it is all good field trips are good ,we receive prizes for good reasons. internet is fine, every student has a macbook or iPad accessible for them. the teachers are ok but Mr.lazo is one of my fav.so this is all the great things about lala and if your wondering what school your child should go it's probably here at los angeles leader ship academy.

Posted December 03, 2014
LALA is a good school with good teachers that care about you and help you with any thing. There like another family member to me.

Posted November 26, 2014
I am a current parent at this school my daughter is in her first year of college and I can honestly say she was well prepared by her instructors, I also have a senior and feel the same level of confidence that I felt last year. The new administration has been both a blessing and the motivation to take this school from a hidden gem to sought after. I would recommend this school to anyone in a heartbeat.

Los Angeles Leadership Academy 1

Posted June 30, 2014
This school is located in the heart of lincoln heights. This school is small and contains no school culture. I would recommend this school to anyone, the teacher turnover is horrible. New teachers are hired every single year, in addition to administration. Discipline is a big issue at this school. There is plenty of miscommunication between administration, teachers and students. This school accepts students from all neighboring school not taking into consideration their behavioral record. I do not recommend the middle school, especially the high school, for those students who really want to succeed academically. Please parents consider other schools, there are way better schools out there.

Los Angeles Leadership Academy 2

Posted February 25, 2014
Well, where do I start...first, the academic learning in this school, especially in math, is not good as abput 9 teachers, 3 deans, and 2 principles were repeatedly replaced throughout my four years. This affected me greatly as I had problems learning, usually having to do with teachers that were the cheapest the school could find. Second, there is no communication between the student body and admin. There has been multiple events that were cancelled becuase of admin. Third, the food, by sight, can be related to what I can say, fake. They have strange, yet horrid tastes. I understand that the school is poor and want money, but I completely disagree with providing us with unedible foods, keep in mind that they have tried to improve it, accounts of food poisoning have occured. I have to admit, college is attainable in this school as the college councelor is one of the best out there. She has connections everywhere and does provide you with that connection. I have to admit that I'm really suprised that she works here, but am grateful for that as well. Those that are in danger of failing discuss alternatives with the college councelor and actually reach to their goal of graduation.

Los Angeles Leadership Academy 1

Posted January 22, 2014
Horrible! Absolutely horrific! I am so glad this is my last year. My first year here was absolutely delightful,teachers were great, administration was great, everything was perfect. Then comes my second year... I was not pleased at all when they replaced a perfectly capable teacher with a young TFA teacher who knew most certainly nothing at all. His class was like a review to HIMSELF! That wasn't the end of it sadly...This year was the worst part of all. Practically all teachers got replaced even the dean! The woman who pays the "bills" was new as well and I blame her. She fired excellent teachers replacing them with new faces including another TFA teacher ! Yippee ! She even insulted a former teacher in front of a handful of students! I am very pleased to say ... THANK YOU GOD FOR LETTING THIS YEAR BE THE LAST ONE OF MY NEVER ENDING MISERY!

Posted November 21, 2013
I'm a student and I have been attending this schoo since 7th grade. My mom took me oout if Nightingale because I was failing and sent me to LALA in Korea Town & bst belie e it helped me out a lot. The teachers help you at all your needs and know what you need hhelp in. I'm a junior now and parents complain about the school but its their own children causing problems if they sleep in class or ignore the teacher. They should sit in the clases and see how they teach us and see that kids want to learn. If youwant your kid to get an education and make friends and go to college send them to LALA you won't regret it. 11-21-13 Class Of 2015

Los Angeles Leadership Academy
234 East Avenue 33, Los Angeles, CA  90031
Last modified Los Angeles Leadership Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Los Angeles Leadership Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top