Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

View Park failed my child and now seeing this, I see why. They continued to tell me that my child was doing okay. I literally had meeting with the teaches and they told me to my face that my child was doing great. The report cards reflected that she was doing great. Due to the fact that I noticed signs before is what prompted me to investigate and meet with teachers to see if what I was seeing was wrong. They continued to tell me my child was doing great. As we approached 5th grade things began to become worst. I noticed that my child was not up to par with her studies. I asked for help, I asked for tutors, I screamed my child is not were you are saying she is. The end result was I threatened to take my child out of the school if they didn't help me and they opened the door and said have a good life, you and your kid. My child is now at another school and she is so far behind I don't know what to do. My child is constantly crying, her self confidence is shot. My child does not even want to go to school because she feels like she cant catch up. I'm at the point ... I don't know what to do. It takes money to get a good education for your kids. You try to trust in your schools to teach your child. This school has destroyed my daughter hopes and dreams. No one there told her she could do it, no one told her she was smart, bright and intelligent. They just keep passing her and she should have never been. I HATE this school for what they did to my daughter. I

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

That's all they have time for are the troubled kids. Not the students that academic help. They to bust dealing with kids cussing out the teachers and being disruptive.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

They gave up on my daughter. They let her leave the school. They never tried to help her.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I asked for my child to get tutoring and after the first day of tutoring the teacher called me and said these exact words "this is not going to work, your child is crying to much. She is not interesting in help her education. We are going to have to find something else for her to do. But I cant not help her." This is what the teacher came up with after only 1 day of tutoring. This is a child that is scared, this is a child that feels alone, this is a child that is embarrassed at the fact that she an not even get simple multiplication. My baby needed some love and attention.

The best teacher at this school is Ms. Jones because she takes her tjne to help us learn in a more fun and modern way. Shell let you make up anything. Also, if youbmade her mad which was very rarley you don't want that side of her. The rest are okay. Our 8th graders have ran thru their English teachers(3 teachers) consisting of Ms. Williams, Ms. Smith(the kids were rude and taunted her), and Mr. Ford(no body ever like him, but a handful, so he left. (He wasnt that food anyway all theg did was worksheets from 4th grade)). The principal Dr. Lewis has done plenty of stuff to atleastbraise the school to their knees. In addition, Mrs. Ford & Mrs. Tammy are the bomb, they real chill.

The teachers have no classroom management, the staff is rude, and there priorities are mixed up. I have been attending vpp for 8 years know and it used to be a good school and people had to interview to get into the school buy ever since they started making more campuses they had to fill in the spots at the school so they just started letting anyone in, and thats when everything changed.

All this school cares about is the dress code. I constantly get dumb calls about dress code and never anything about academics. It seems as if they care more about what the kids wear then the kids themselves. I got my first call in a long time from a teacher telling me how well my child has been doing. I think they forget that not everyone can afford to keep replacing things or maybe work and don't have the time. I think it would e a great school if the focus was more on the student's academics than the color of a jacket.

It's sad to see the negative comments on here regarding View Park Accelerated Charter Middle School. When you received your "enrollment" packet and attended the orientation, you as the parent knew right then what was going to be required from you and how rigorous our program is going to be. If you were just expecting to drop your child off at school to let the staff "teach and raise" them, then your priorities as a parent aren't in order. Not returning calls, emails or notices sent home to you by the staff is not how we teach at VPP. We are not a "DROP OFF BABYSITTING SERVICE", we are here to "EDUCATE YOUR CHILD" and "YOU" as the "PARENT" must do your part (i.e. VOLUNTEERING, showing up for your scheduled parent conferences, attending back to school night, attending mandatory PIM meetings, etc.) to make sure that your child is on the right path to "SUCCESS"!!!!!!!! "STOP BLAMING THE SCHOOL and STAFF" for your child's "BEHAVIOR and ACADEMIC STANDING" and do your part as the "PARENT and GET INVOLVED IN YOUR CHILD'S EDUCATION"!!!!!!!!

The two students I know who were forced to go to this school hated it for many reasons. They felt the instuction was inferior, the student body undisciplined and unmotivated academically, and the general atmosphere very negative. There was vicious bullying of the few serious students in the school. They didn't like the segregation and the attitude of intolerance that it fostered. Both these students are gifted, highly motivated students who feel that the time spent at this school was wasted time academically and extremely negative in many ways. One says that it was the worst time of her life due to jealous bullying.

I'e been attending View Park for 3 years no. This school is great when it comes to academics. The teachers go above and beyond and the curriculum is more advanced than average. The only thing is that the students are rude, unwelcoming, and in a word, ghetto (for lack of a better term). And also, there is no diversity. It's basically Black kids being taught by White teachers. This school does not live up to it's reputation.

Last modified ICEF View Park Preparatory Accelerated Charter Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.