Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

View Park Preparatory Accelerated Charter Middle School 1

Posted January 27, 2016
All this school cares about is the dress code. I constantly get dumb calls about dress code and never anything about academics. It seems as if they care more about what the kids wear then the kids themselves. I got my first call in a long time from a teacher telling me how well my child has been doing. I think they forget that not everyone can afford to keep replacing things or maybe work and don't have the time. I think it would e a great school if the focus was more on the student's academics than the color of a jacket.

View Park Preparatory Accelerated Charter Middle School 5

Posted December 07, 2012
It's sad to see the negative comments on here regarding View Park Accelerated Charter Middle School. When you received your "enrollment" packet and attended the orientation, you as the parent knew right then what was going to be required from you and how rigorous our program is going to be. If you were just expecting to drop your child off at school to let the staff "teach and raise" them, then your priorities as a parent aren't in order. Not returning calls, emails or notices sent home to you by the staff is not how we teach at VPP. We are not a "DROP OFF BABYSITTING SERVICE", we are here to "EDUCATE YOUR CHILD" and "YOU" as the "PARENT" must do your part (i.e. VOLUNTEERING, showing up for your scheduled parent conferences, attending back to school night, attending mandatory PIM meetings, etc.) to make sure that your child is on the right path to "SUCCESS"!!!!!!!! "STOP BLAMING THE SCHOOL and STAFF" for your child's "BEHAVIOR and ACADEMIC STANDING" and do your part as the "PARENT and GET INVOLVED IN YOUR CHILD'S EDUCATION"!!!!!!!!

View Park Preparatory Accelerated Charter Middle School 1

Posted July 04, 2012
The two students I know who were forced to go to this school hated it for many reasons. They felt the instuction was inferior, the student body undisciplined and unmotivated academically, and the general atmosphere very negative. There was vicious bullying of the few serious students in the school. They didn't like the segregation and the attitude of intolerance that it fostered. Both these students are gifted, highly motivated students who feel that the time spent at this school was wasted time academically and extremely negative in many ways. One says that it was the worst time of her life due to jealous bullying.

View Park Preparatory Accelerated Charter Middle School 3

Posted January 29, 2011
I'e been attending View Park for 3 years no. This school is great when it comes to academics. The teachers go above and beyond and the curriculum is more advanced than average. The only thing is that the students are rude, unwelcoming, and in a word, ghetto (for lack of a better term). And also, there is no diversity. It's basically Black kids being taught by White teachers. This school does not live up to it's reputation.

Posted October 18, 2010
because the school is dedicated to giving our children a good education!!

View Park Preparatory Accelerated Charter Middle School 4

Posted February 14, 2009
I am enjoying my first year of middle school here, and my advice to you is to always be prepared, safe, respectful, and dedicated and you will do exellent.

Posted October 17, 2008
I would agree with the parent dated December 14, 2007. If I would have known what I know now I would have made another choice. It's definitely safer than other schools in the area but that's about it. I also must add to in the school it's not what your child knows it's who you know.

View Park Preparatory Accelerated Charter Middle School 5

Posted September 01, 2008
I have two daughter that now attend view park middle charter school and I have to say the school is great. The teachers are not only dedicated but they go above and beyond too make sure that the students have the skills and tools that are needed to suceed. My daughters are so smart and have learned so much since attending viewpark. So if you can even get your child in the school, this will be one of the best choices you have made in your life.

View Park Preparatory Accelerated Charter Middle School 4

Posted March 06, 2008
My children have been attending View Park for the past 6 years. I believe I would change how they used to be about nurturing and not leaving a child behind and now it is about numbers and how many more schools they can open up. I believe they should work on improving what they have so far. As for the staff, I have volunteerd in the office several times and see how they are treated by the parents and the children. The parents are in denial about how their children really are when they are at school and the parents are extremely rude to the staff as well. I have seen them get cussed out by parents and I have seen them deal with stuff I would not be able to deal with. This is a two-way street. There is no excuse for rudeness but they have feelings to.

View Park Preparatory Accelerated Charter Middle School 3

Posted February 05, 2008
I agree with the previous writters. My daughter has attended VPP for the past 3 years and in comparison to the surrounding choices it is a much safer school which is why I give it 3 stars but to judge the staff of the school I would only give it 1 star. I can't believe how rude most of these people are and my 1st thought is always...if they talk to me this way how are they talking to the kids. They are just very rude!

5010 11th Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90043-4816
Last modified View Park Preparatory Accelerated Charter Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
View Park Preparatory Accelerated Charter Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top