K
Los Angeles, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted August 23, 2014
My children have felt at home at Little Flower. The education and little extras the staff put forward for families is gratifying. I especially appreciate the Principal's guidance and wisdom as parent's need an objective view, as difficult as it is to hear that our children's behavior might not be up to par. Parent's often see that as a reflection of themselves rather than a learning opportunity. I am fortunate to have been able to step back, gain insight, and re-direct and my child and I have benefited from the change. Thank you Little Flower Prinicpal! A No uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a Yes merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.

Little Flower Missionary House School 2

Posted January 29, 2014
The teachers who taught my child at this school were very caring, nurturing and absolutely wonderful. It is the school s administration who I am extremely disappointed in. As a parent, we look to the school s leadership for help when an issue arises. There was an incident outdoors with a teacher who was not my child s regular teacher. Unfortunately, it was my experience that instead of addressing the issue at hand, the school s director chose to go around it. As ridiculous as it sounds, she sought skeletons in my toddler s closet instead of acknowledging that what her teacher did was totally unacceptable. Not once did the director apologize for the teacher's actions. The situation was pretty much manipulated to benefit a teacher who truly does not know the difference between discipline and guidance vs. punishment and cruelty. My concerns as a parent were never addressed and were pretty much thrown out the door.

Posted June 23, 2011
Since 1929, Little Flower has given children an opportunity to grow in a loving family environment where they can develop in all ways. It has been a real joy to work at Little Flower. I have watched the children begin school with minimal understanding of basic skills and then grow in leaps and bounds. I have also witnessed the same maturation take place in socialization and self help skills. The children leave Little Flower very well prepared to begin any elementary school. So much so, that some private schools do not administer an entrance exam to our students because they are confident of the preparation provided by Little Flower. Finally, Little Flower is continually looking for ways to improve the physical environment and to maintain an academically competent curriculum in which the children can be happy and learn. To this end, several remodeling projects were completed this school year and a new infant center was open. Working in here is a real gift.

Little Flower Missionary House School 2

Posted April 24, 2011
Little Flower's brochure advertise the school as having a Spanish program this is not true. The children do not learn complete sentences in Spanish they learn words only. My daughter has been with them for 6 months. She is in PreKinder and she tells me that her teacher does not teach in Spanish. They also advertise a computer lab but the children only attend once a week for 25minutes only. Plus my daughter says the computer freeze a lot. In the regular classrooms the tables are not child size tables, they do not have cubbies for children belongings, the nap time blankets do not cover the childs body, and they use baby whipes to clean the tables after snack. Also the school faied to notify parents that the plumbing for the water fountain stopped working for a week and she didn't have drinkable water during classtime. I am a considering finding another school for my child.

Posted February 23, 2011
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Little Flower. They not only provide a wonderful academic foundation but also a wonderful religious foundation for young children. The teachers are great. I have seen first hand what a wonderful foundation this school has provided for my nephew. He had been in a school where he had learned nothing, and after 2-3 weeks at Little Flower he was already showing so much progress. Little Flower welcomed him and my family with open arms, and I am happy to say it has felt like home from the moment we stepped foot on their beautiful grounds. I hope everyone who is interested in an Academic and Religious preschool gives Little Flower an opportunity.

Posted May 04, 2010
This school was a great school I thought the teachers were so wonderful and caring. My issue was with the Principal, I think she needs to remember that the students are just young children. I believe in discipline but lets rememebr they are children. It's to bad that she wasn't more understanding and caring becasue I would have loved to have leave my son there and have my daughter attend there as well.

Little Flower Missionary House School 0

Posted October 13, 2009
I am the mother of 4 children the youngest of whom will be starting Little Flower Missionary House next week. All 3 of my older children attended Little Flower. I have had nothing but positive experiences with Little Flower teachers and administrators. Their Principal Mrs. Catano has always been approachable and warm and has gone out of her way to help our family. Whenever I had a concern or question her door was open to me and I never felt like I wasn't listened too. The teachers have given our children a top-notch academic foundation and the sisters at Little Flower have taught are children the importance of having Jesus in their lives. We drive all the way from Temple City just so our children may attend Little Flower school. We feel it is well worth a 45 minute drive in traffic for all that is offered there.

Posted February 09, 2009
Little Flower is an excellent child care center with a great academic program. My three children are alumni of Little Flower and have many fond memories. The teachers and principal are awesome, and the sisters are fantastic! My children always felt safe and at home. I look forward to returning to Little Flower and seeing familiar faces as I take my grandson next year to continue the tradition. This is one of the best child care programs academically and spiritually!

Little Flower Missionary House School 1

Posted September 08, 2008
There is a lack of support in this school and the director is not helpful or supportive of her staff. She is very unethical and unprofessional. I would think twice of enrolling my children in this school! There is quality staff here and they are not appreciated for the efforts that they make!!!

Posted October 22, 2007
This school has given our kids (pre-schooler and pre-kinder) a great sense of balance. Their spiritual, academic and social needs are met in a loving and safe environment. We loved the potty training classroom option for our youngest. As an added plus it was nice to find tuition to be reasonable.

Little Flower Missionary House School
2434 Gates Street, Los Angeles, CA  90031
Last modified Little Flower Missionary House School is a Private school that serves grade K
Little Flower Missionary House School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top