6-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted January 08, 2016
The leadership at the school was amazing. Mr. Robb made it possible for my child to find their place and succeed.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted January 08, 2016
The school does a great job of building character education into the curriculum, but not in an oppressive manner that the kids would reject.

Posted January 08, 2016
Star Prep Academy has really provided a foundation for success for my child. Now that he is in college, I can see the impact the school had on his academic and social development. He is well adjusted and happy with himself and where he is today. I was nervous about having him sent to such a small school, but in the end, the opportunities were amazing for any program, let alone a school of their size. I am so happy we made the choice to send him to Star and wish he had done it sooner.

Posted June 01, 2015
We are really impressed by what STAR Prep Academy has been able to offer despite its small size. Our daughter has been intellectually stimulated and academically challenged by her coursework, which this year has included Zoology, Philosophy and Creative Writing in addition to English, Algebra and Geography. The teachers, staff and administration are smart, but also kind and caring and go above and beyond to provide an enriching environment for their students. The parents are also very supportive of the school and do a great deal to enhance school offerings. Elementary school parents interested in a small and creative learning environment for their middle schoolers should definitely check it out.

Posted January 23, 2015
STAR Prep Academy works hard to create an environment that is welcoming, supportive and engaging. To see what the kids produce on a daily basis is a wonderful experience. I can't think of another small school that provides the opportunities that STAR Prep Academy does.

Posted November 13, 2013
As a teacher within STAR Prep Academy I am constantly surprised by the wealth of opportunities provided by our school. I have never been short of support from administration or parents to try out new activities or learning experiences and feel truly supported by the Head of School and other staff. A great place to work and a great place to learn.

Posted February 28, 2012
I am surpirsed by the last post, but some students haven't succeeded due to discipline and sometimes we don't see the faults in our own children. We are a scholarship family and have been more than happy with the program thus far (3 years). Great personal attention, a lot of activities for such a small school and I only see the future as bright. They are always adding new opportunities and my child has been afforded experiences they never would have received anywhere else. In the first semester they were whale watching, kayaking, volunteering, creating and leanring more than I ever expected. A true gem.

Star Prep Academy 2

Posted January 12, 2012
The school is a great concept but the teachers do not treat all of the children the same and has obvious favorites. The small school setting has its pros and cons. If you are lucky enough to afford the school your child will be allowed to do as they please. However scholarship kids are treated second class

Posted May 21, 2011
Star Prep Academy is like the best school ever much better than my old school. Finally I can go to a school where the teachers care, my peers worry about friendship and work instead of what i have on. At my old school I wasn't challenged enough. The teachers don't just hand you a book and tell you to read the directions, they help you. My teacher care about what going on with me in and out of school. Some people think that because the class size its boring. Its not. Everyone in my school is like one big happy family. Thank You.

Posted March 22, 2011
STAR Prep Academy is college prep with a heart. This has been a great opportunity not only for our child, but for our family to find a school that provides a curriculum that emphasizes critical thinking balanced with a school community that emphasizes caring. No cramming for tests, late night homework struggles, or fights to go to school. Our son wakes up happy to go to school and can't stop talking about the day when he gets home. At a time when kids and teachings are burning out, STAR Prep Academy's middle and high school in the heart of Culver City is a breath of fresh air.

1518 S. Robertson Blvd., Los Angeles, CA  90035