Public charter
Los Angeles, CA

Posted June 04, 2014
I took my chance on this school with my oldest she's in her last year now and with the guidance this school n staff has offered, She's has travel 3/4 of the united states under $800.00 & is getting top colleges notice... Her dream is to attend USC and with the Academics the Bright star family offers her dream will come true:)

Posted April 16, 2014
5/6 site has teachers without credentials and no EL program. My niece is in the 6th grade and hasn't had a stable history teacher. That's ridiculous. We are not returning. Just look at their scores.

Posted March 01, 2014
I'm a proud parent of Stella Middle Charter 7/8 campus. When my daughter first started at the Bright Stars family we were welcomed with open arms. I jumped in and supports the school in many ways. The school offers alot of tutorial support if need, financial , counseling and outside support. I would highly recommend this school and it teaches their students independence and preparing for college. The exposure during the Life Experience Lesson Trip something your child will never forget.

Posted February 25, 2014
Stella Charter Middle School in Los Angeles, CA. I have been a parent since elementary school and have valued the staff and students. My child loves this school because of the caring students and friends. I love this school because the staff is young, fresh, and intelligent. I highly recommend it to any parent whose child is serious about learning. The staff has excellent portfolios. Bravo Stella Charter.

Posted February 14, 2014
SMCA 7/8 I cannot say enough about this school, my daughter is in the 8th grade and will be continuing to the High School. My daughter has attended Stella since the 5th grade and I have seen great improvement in her grades and overall attitude towards her future and goals. This school promotes higher learning. The work and homework may be challenging but so is the future. This school prepares them. It is not an easy ride. Your child must put in work and as parents we also have to be involved at home in their learning to continue witnessing success. There has been minor concerns, but with communication and Ms. Eagleson's (principal) professionalism they have been resolved. The teacher's are also very knowledgable in their subject area. I am an advocate of quality education and this school has met and at times exceeded my expectations! Thank you! SMCA! Your teachers, staff and administrators do not get enough credit or appreciation. Ms. Sosa

Stella Middle Charter Academy 4

Posted November 20, 2013
Thank you 11/19 for your feedback on our program. In the many years that I have worked for the organization, we have always welcomed suggestions as means to strengthen our systems to ensure the best possible education for our students. This year we implemented PREP which allows families to see the behavioral strengths and areas for growth of their child every week. Teachers and families can use this tool to help students be better and achieve more. As a school we know that there is always room for growth, but as a teaching team we are fully invested in the mission of preparing all our students for college and life beyond. Each week the staff meets to discuss our students' academic and behavioral data; together we create individualized learning and behavioral plans for struggling students. Not many schools can boast a staff who knows every child by name, nor many with assessment proficiencies in the 70%. Current and prospective families alike, I invite you to walk a day in the life of our students; our work will speak for itself! The education of a child is no small task and cannot be done by the parents or the school alone, it takes a team. Sincerely, Ms. Vargas

Stella Middle Charter Academy 4

Posted November 20, 2013
The administrator is hard working and dedicated to always improving the school community. She is works with teachers , parents and students in an effort to move the school forward academically. Stella is moving in a positive direction with her leadership.

Posted June 08, 2013
This school is awful even though the overview may seem good, its not. My daughter went for 6th grade this year and Stella has discipline issues. The kids are rude and class stops very often because teachers cant control the students. The school has no cafeteria and makes the kids eat on the ground or very unsanitary benches which are old. my daughters friend had a broken eye vessel from a bench that was broken. Almost all teachers are right out of college and have no real world experience. the school also has no real library. this schools is awful and i do NOT recommended.

Posted February 05, 2013
My child attended Stella Middle Charter (5th & 6th) I was very happy with the staff and the school, but once they entered (7th - 12th) which it's located by LAX I cannot say I feel the same anymore. This school is so stuck on how to punish your child then actually teaching them. They give out detention like it's candy. My child self-esteem has gone down they don t have any programs for kids with special needs basically they expect ALL students to be perfect (sorry in the real world it doesn t work that way). 99% of the teachers are right out of college and have no patients for kids, they do not have the background to deal with different type of kids and they think by giving out detentions the problem is solved. If you speak you get detention, if you horse around with your friends you get detention (that s during the Childs free time). I don t think my child has really learned anything this year but how to get detention. Can t wait for the year to end to get my kid out of here!

Stella Middle Charter Academy 3

Posted September 01, 2011
please tell me about sports programs at this school. my son is 10. entered your school for 1st time this year. i help the family and the son and want to be sure he has opportunities for physical education at your school. and if not i want to provide something outside for him.

Stella Middle Charter Academy
2636 Mansfield Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90016
Last modified Stella Middle Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stella Middle Charter Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top