Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted April 18, 2016
The teachers are really trying, but the staff CANNOT handle the students there. The dean, Mr. Washington seems too stressed out to do his job well. My child doesn't even want to go to school because of the bullying by other students. I don't even feel safe going to this campus with the number of fights and problems they have. I will NOT recommend this school ever again!

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted April 18, 2016
This school doesn't even care whether the students complete their work. I have asked for my child's work, emailed teachers and don't so much as get a response.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted April 18, 2016
The students at this school do not respect parents, staff, each other or themselves. Stay away from this school.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted April 18, 2016
The students fight very often. I've even had a child run full speed into my arm, chasing another student. And the staff member never even acknowledged this.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted April 18, 2016
Children aren't disciplined when they are dishonest or take other people's things. There is no consequence for many behaviors.

Posted April 03, 2016
I worked as a substitute. The classes were dirty, student screamed and curse at the staff. No one attempted the work. I was threatened three times and then sent home when a student jumped on my back and threatened to shoot me, because I took a belt he was whipping two female students with in the classroom. Shut this school down!

Posted November 25, 2014
I've been at this school for 4 years and it has gotten worse each year. This year is the worse by far. EVERY teacher left after the 2013-2014 year, including Ms. Patel. There is no discipline. There are numerous fights every day. There is no consequence for wrongdoing. There don't even have detention anymore. I have sent numerous emails to the school "leader", admins, teachers and the executive board. I would STRONGLY urge you to not go to this school or, at the very least, just show up and see for yourself. Go to the office and see how the kids act and decide for yourself. If I could do it over again, I would NOT choose this school for my child.

KIPP Academy Of Opportunity 4

Posted November 24, 2014
This is my 6th grade daughter's first year at KAO and i am impressed with the academics for sure. Her teacher are very involved and I NEVER have an issue with communication. Some of the office staff could stand some attitude tweaking, but for the most part...I can't complain.

KIPP Academy Of Opportunity 5

Posted January 07, 2014
Great school with hard working staff that is committed to their KIPPsters. They go above and beyond to make sure their students get to and through college.

KIPP Academy Of Opportunity 5

Posted February 24, 2013
KIPP Academy of opportunity has an excellent curriculum. I have a 5th grader that has learned so much in such a small amount of time. My daughter transferred out of Bennett Kew School in Inglewood with all A's. She says she felt like she didn't know anything when she arrived at KIPP. She has different teachers for every subject. They change classes like high school students. I love the teachers! They are beautiful, professional & young with fresh ideas & learning techniques. Very diverse staff. My daughter is excited every day and she teaches me what she has learned. She never wants to leave when I pick her up. They learn Science, History, Math, English, Art, PE. They have after school program for homework/dance/acting/karate. (according to grade) Reading Program rocks! The school shares the building with YMCA. You enter on 99th Street/Vermont. Look for the banner at the side entrance. It is a closed campus. Enrollment is easy and I am well informed about my child's progress. They wear uniforms and are strict so order the correct uniform shirts/jackets/pants. NO EXCEPTIONS! I love the school because I see big improvements in my daughter's passion for learning.

7019 South Van Ness Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90047-1659
Last modified KIPP Academy Of Opportunity is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.