Bad
Good

I recently graduated from Central City Value High School and I absolutely love the school! It's small and it has amazing teachers! I have never felt so loved, appreciated, and pushed by teachers. In Central City, they wear uniform and it's very settle. The students there grow strong relationships and learn to respect themselves and other. The principal is one of the most amazing people I have ever met in my entire life! He values education but he also values the student's personal life and their growth. The teachers invest in a student far more than their academics! I love this school!

I attend Central City Value High School I've attended Public, Private, and Magnet schools I can 100% assure you that if your child is not doing well in this school is because they are a bad student or do not care about there own personal growth. This school cares about the students and cares about progress, the teachers connect with the students. To all the schools I've been to I have never seen students connect so well with the teachers. The Teachers are also qualified to teach the students, I have learned so much from the teachers there. Currently taking college level classes at this school. It is small and definitely under-funded. But still the school is very good if the student and parents show care for the work.

i attended this school all four years, i am a graduate of the 08 class. this is a wonderful school despite the other reviews before mine. even though three of my four years of high school we moved from campus to campus the principle, teacher and staff were always there to make us feel welcomed. they taught us how to be a community, how to strive to seek and not to yield. but most of all they taught us how to be responsible and independent. this school is like no other school ive attended, it becomes ur second family. definitely recommend it to parents.

I attended this school a few months ago, i did graduate from it and had a great experience in it, the staff and teachers are great my whole education statistics changed from being int he d or c gradings myt went up to a's and bs . I did learn alot not just in education but being more responsible and involved. There is imcredible staff members at ccvhs that work hard to continue the school open but their main priority is the students education.

this is a good school and your child will learn a lot all the teachers care about your child every one knows each other

Although this school is still in the growing process, it has taken too long for it to completely become stable and efficient. The teacher quality is not the best and even though the principal/staff have somewhat of a positive attitude towards improvement, there is not much evidence of any actual progress. Many of the parents I have talked to are very unhappy with the progress their children are making in this school and many have chosen to transfer them to different schools.

I am a former student and the value that were taught at CCVHS have really helped me out in college. I have tried attending nearby high school but the class were too out of control, the teacher cared little or nothing about the students well being, and it was almost impossible to fell safe in them. Central City created and environment like no other. The teachers were always willing to help out and the students really made you feel like family. I can really relate CCVHS to college because both of them give you the opportunities to succeed, it's just a matter of the student being able to go out there and look for them. While I was a student here, we didn't have a building, but even after that, the school tried its best to give students and adequate education and extra curriculum activities.

Leadership has been weak in the 4 years it has slowly taken to get the campus together and running. Trying to get straight and honest answers are impossible. My child as well as his teachers are frustrated and worn. Now that the school is somewhat finished there is a leadership change, and not for the better. I'm glad my child is finished or he would be at a new school in the fall. My other children will not attend this school!

Last modified Central City Value School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.