Posted June 18, 2014
This school has been an amazing experience for my daughter. She is in her second year and I have seen her grow so much at this school. She is totally engaged academically and love's the small school environment. It is definitely not a school for everyone but it has been a wonderful experience for my daughter.

Renaissance Arts Academy 1

Posted June 11, 2014
My Phlebotomy license is registering with the State of California's Department of Public Health Services. One of the documents the Department requires to verify and register my license is a set of High School transcripts directly from the institution. RenArts only keeps transcripts in their new database back to 2010. As I graduated in 2009 my transcripts require special acquisition from a certain administrator's computer. I put in the request to send transcripts to the Department of Public Health six weeks ago. It still has not been done. Thank you RenArts, for setting my life six weeks back. Oh, and potentially jeopardizing my license registration as the Department of Public Health only keeps their pending license registrations on file for 90 days. Really really classy.

Posted May 27, 2014
This school fully prepares students to do well in their studies. The discipline in the arts helps students learn how to transfer those skills to their academics.

Posted May 27, 2014
This is the first school that ever saw my child for who he is. The teachers "advisors" actually took the time to get to know that my child was intelligent and caring. They did not just treat my child like someone who is not as "smart" as other students.

Posted April 20, 2014
First, it is small. Only 350 students. It means that kids don't get lost. Second, they work together. It's more about helping each other succeed than being the best. I like it most for those reasons.

Posted February 18, 2014
This school is amazing!! My son is doing so much better and has a much better understanding of mathematical concepts. I wish they had a school like this when I was a child! I recommend this school to any parent who is tired with the old conventional way of teaching and is open to new innovative ideas!!

Posted February 18, 2014
This is the second year at Ren Arts for both of my daughters they both love it! I have watched them grow so much in these two years. My youngest has really come along way academically and I give credit to her advisors, especially Sid who she really enjoys working with. I am a single struggling mother who is so thankful to Ren Arts for providing access to the arts (dance and Viola) it takes a village! The schools dedication to the students makes all the difference. Thank you Ren Arts!

Posted February 18, 2014
Don't know where my daughter would be if it weren't for this school. She has blossomed into an amazing dancer, and her academics have never been better. The advisors are extremely helpful and the directors are caring and genuinely concerned about every scholar that attends their school. I love RenArts. I only wish there were more schools like Renarts.

Posted February 14, 2014
Being at Renarts from 7 years I come to the conclusion that this is a great school due to its college level self-learning and interdisciplinary studies. The "Great Books" are questioned, deconstructed, and loved so you are receiving the best of the best here at Renarts. People have a negative connotation associated with the milieu of a "Liberal Arts Education" because of reviews from Newsweek ranking the "Liberal Arts" in a list of "The Most Useless College Majors" filled with vast unemployment and low salaries. I completely disagree with the world's perception. Renarts teaches you how to teach yourself. I agree with the president of Dartmouth college John Sloan Dickey who said " The Liberal Art present choices ranging from the largest philosophic issues of wisdom and wrongdoing through the dilemmas of statecraft, the hypotheses and many wrong ways of science to the most delicate variants of taste and style and expression and all arts form, could any other field other than the liberal arts yield as broad and as significant an introduction to life's comparisons and choices? " As he tagged them as "liberating Arts" making you a independent student here at Renarts.

Posted October 14, 2013
This is a fantastic school.! My daughter is in her 4th year, and while she would have done well almost anywhere, she has really blossomed at Ren Arts. She is challenged to really think- about science, math, literature, art, politics, language and so much more. She is inspired every single day. I was initially worried about my son, who is in his first year. He's not a self-motivated learner, and has struggled in school. When I told Ren Arts of my concerns, they said that he didn't have to be a particular type of student; that it was their job to teach every kid in a way that inspires them to learn. They knew he might be a challenge, academically and socially, and they welcomed him. From day one, he has felt valued as an important part of the school community. They teach to create life-time learners, and not just 'to the test' or for memorization. Both my kids have shown growth in forming their own ideas and thinking more broadly about everything. This would be more than enough to recommend Ren Arts, but if you ever have a chance to attend one of their performances, prepare to be amazed. Ren Arts is the most well-rounded, exciting education one could ever hope for their kids.

Renaissance Arts Academy
1800 Colorado Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  90041
Last modified Renaissance Arts Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Renaissance Arts Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 61 reviews.