Public charter
Los Angeles, CA
After care: No

Posted November 24, 2014
Renaissance Arts Academy's philosophy is that all students can succeed. All of the teachers work in a way that allows for all students to keep learning and developing no matter how long it takes for them to make the progress they need to. They offer tutoring before school and after school, and it's taught by the teachers! They are interested in the skills and interests that students bring. Several projects have started as a result of student interest. They have build a robot from scratch, programmed web pages, and the shows that these students create are amazing. The shows also include almost everyone. There is a commitment here to helping students achieve excellence that is difficult to find. And, because students are given the time they need to move forward, they all do get to a place of success.

Renaissance Arts Academy 1

Posted November 23, 2014
I went to school there for Junior High and right away I found myself not really learning. I just went with the flow and just stuck around. But once I hit 8th grade I finally found out why i was doing okay at this school , because I was a "Favorite". Once I found a highschool with better opportunities for me and what I wanted to major in in college, and I told the director she immediately treated me different. There is a lot of favortism at this school. And sure they have good gradings, and rates and a lot of they kids end up going to really food universities but its only because they have a grading scale of only A's and F's, and of course everyone gets A's therefore giving the child a 4.0 GPA. Also when I went to another High school and I took the placement test for math class, I scored very low, and I'm the only one how has gone to others schools and scored very low, it goes to show that they are not teaching right. And some classes that I am taking at the moment, I'm lacking a little bit of background that I should I learned in middle school but at RenArts they didn't teach for example history. I struggled so much in History. Its not a very good school.

Posted November 22, 2014
My child has special needs. There has never, ever, been a school where he has been treated as bright, capable, and "a pleasure." The teachers make sure that he can succeed.

Posted June 18, 2014
This school has been an amazing experience for my daughter. She is in her second year and I have seen her grow so much at this school. She is totally engaged academically and love's the small school environment. It is definitely not a school for everyone but it has been a wonderful experience for my daughter.

Posted May 27, 2014
This is the first school that ever saw my child for who he is. The teachers "advisors" actually took the time to get to know that my child was intelligent and caring. They did not just treat my child like someone who is not as "smart" as other students.

Posted April 20, 2014
First, it is small. Only 350 students. It means that kids don't get lost. Second, they work together. It's more about helping each other succeed than being the best. I like it most for those reasons.

Posted February 18, 2014
This school is amazing!! My son is doing so much better and has a much better understanding of mathematical concepts. I wish they had a school like this when I was a child! I recommend this school to any parent who is tired with the old conventional way of teaching and is open to new innovative ideas!!

Posted February 18, 2014
This is the second year at Ren Arts for both of my daughters they both love it! I have watched them grow so much in these two years. My youngest has really come along way academically and I give credit to her advisors, especially Sid who she really enjoys working with. I am a single struggling mother who is so thankful to Ren Arts for providing access to the arts (dance and Viola) it takes a village! The schools dedication to the students makes all the difference. Thank you Ren Arts!

Posted February 18, 2014
Don't know where my daughter would be if it weren't for this school. She has blossomed into an amazing dancer, and her academics have never been better. The advisors are extremely helpful and the directors are caring and genuinely concerned about every scholar that attends their school. I love RenArts. I only wish there were more schools like Renarts.

Posted February 14, 2014
Being at Renarts from 7 years I come to the conclusion that this is a great school due to its college level self-learning and interdisciplinary studies. The "Great Books" are questioned, deconstructed, and loved so you are receiving the best of the best here at Renarts. People have a negative connotation associated with the milieu of a "Liberal Arts Education" because of reviews from Newsweek ranking the "Liberal Arts" in a list of "The Most Useless College Majors" filled with vast unemployment and low salaries. I completely disagree with the world's perception. Renarts teaches you how to teach yourself. I agree with the president of Dartmouth college John Sloan Dickey who said " The Liberal Art present choices ranging from the largest philosophic issues of wisdom and wrongdoing through the dilemmas of statecraft, the hypotheses and many wrong ways of science to the most delicate variants of taste and style and expression and all arts form, could any other field other than the liberal arts yield as broad and as significant an introduction to life's comparisons and choices? " As he tagged them as "liberating Arts" making you a independent student here at Renarts.

Renaissance Arts Academy
1800 Colorado Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  90041
Last modified Renaissance Arts Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Renaissance Arts Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top