Public charter
Los Angeles, CA

View Park Preparatory Accelerated High School 1

Posted November 07, 2014
This school used to be amazing. The elementary portion (K-5) is still OK. But, do not send your child here for high school. The administrators and teachers are not there for your kids. They are only there to add a line to their resume and move on. All of the core subjects are being taught by substitute teachers. They no longer provide books. Essentially, their mission statement no longer applies and it probably never did. Do traditional public, catholic, private, online or anything else but save your children from the problems of this school and give them a chance to thrive. You've been warned.
3 people found this helpful

View Park Preparatory Accelerated High School 2

Posted October 21, 2014
This school have changed a lot. There are 15 teachers that's not stable. We are 2 months into the school and don't have 15 teachers. They don't have a real principle. There have been a fight everyday after school. The school have been up there for 4 incidents this year. The students are out of control.

Posted October 25, 2013
I have an eleventh grade son attending View Park Accelerated High School. The school has provided a curriculum that has made him determined to excel. The teachers and staff are like family. If you need any help, their doors are always open. I have found that if you want a great education, it is out there for you. You just have to really use it to your advantage.

Posted September 28, 2013
This is my daughter s senior year and first semester at View Park Prep High School. We attended an orientation meeting at View Park, as we were leaving the new Dean was outside the campus, introducing himself to families on a personal basis. He expressed his goals for the new school year and allowed me to voice my experiences, opinions and expectations for the smaller community high school. I can say after discussing with my daughter we have felt there is a proactive administration, through the staff, counselors, and liaisons in keeping us informed through various channels, regarding events, policy and procedures, deadlines, college workshops, exams, scholarships and school site-higher education visitors. The lines of communication are both consistent and, inspiring to the student and parent. Back-to-School Night was my opportunity to meet her teachers; see their presentations on their education, experience, philosophy, policy, goals and high-expectations for students. I feel, when we all participate in cultivating active learners, we produce successful students, and prepared graduates to succeed in their future endeavors.

Posted December 21, 2012
I'm part of Class of 2012 This school does help your student get ready for college. But speaking from experience (parents) make sure your kids if they're in 9th-11th they need pay attention to their grades. C or better. Once they become a senior and if they have a D or a lower grade in any previous class they'll have to make it up during their year if they want the credits so their application looks better. I've seen so many of my peers taking classes that they should have been had years ago (because they failed the class or View Park never gave them the class) Spanish 1, geometry, health, etc. Try having your kid take classes in a community classes during the summer (make sure the credits are transferable) that will look good on an application as well. The counsellor does pay more attention to the seniors since they're more demanding (they need help filling out the FAFSA, making sure transcripts were sent, etc.) So before your child is a senior you're pretty much on your own. The school is boring, not that much to be excited about but the teachers there are amazing. 95% of the teachers; this is more than just a paycheck to them.

Posted July 11, 2012
I am a proud parent of a 10th grader whom attends Viewpark Prep Charter High School. My child love this school and so do I.

Posted February 06, 2012
My experience at View Park was awesome! I often reminisce on how much I miss vpp. I currently go to UC Berkeley, and I can agree thorough counseling goes to a chosen few, and I was not one of the ones chosen. But my mother sought outside resources i.e. West Angeles' youth center. I think the school prepared me for college a lot, I wish we wrote more writing in English but other than that I was not over whelmed my first year in college. As for vpp's "college drop outs", most of them I know. I never heard school was too hard I heard a variety of reasons, most of them were related to family. Once again, this is my experience. Both of my little brothers attend vpp and for them it has been awesome and much better than public schools. I say try the school out, it really shaped my life.

Posted January 20, 2011
Although the school is very unorganized, it does a great job with preparing the students with the tools necessary to succeed in college. However, it is up to the students to accept their responsibility trying their hardest in each subject. I am currently a senior at View Park and despite to popular belief I had a great amount of interaction with the college counselors during my 9th,10th, and 11th grade years. This year I will be graduating as valedictorian of my class and heading to a four-year college. Therefore the college counselors are effective. They do focus on the 12th grades a lot because they need to prepare them for college, but they have time and make time for the underclassmen as well. The students just have to have a desire to reach out to them and become concerned about their future.

View Park Preparatory Accelerated High School 3

Posted August 19, 2010
My daughter went to this school from the 4th grade thru 10th grade. The high school is the most disorganized of all the school. Like most of the other review says unless you in the 12th grade they pretty most ingored you, and while they tell you have most of their students go on to college and I know for a fact a lot of those same student returning home after the 1st year and end up in Junior college, because they can't make it. The school don't tell you about that . They also don't tell you have they catered to the parent children that always up at the school. I have so much I can say about the high school instead trying to build me school they need to pay more attention to the ones they have

Posted March 16, 2010
I am a proud parent of a 9th grade daugter whom attends Viewpark Prep Charter High School. I am pleased that my daughter has all the courses necessary to enter the University of her choice, as long as she works to her ability. In the beginning I had a few issues with the school, at this present time I have no issues and everything is just swell with VPPCHS.

View Park Preparatory Accelerated High School
5701 South Crenshaw Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  90043
Last modified View Park Preparatory Accelerated High School is a Charter school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
View Park Preparatory Accelerated High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top