Posted October 25, 2013
I have an eleventh grade son attending View Park Accelerated High School. The school has provided a curriculum that has made him determined to excel. The teachers and staff are like family. If you need any help, their doors are always open. I have found that if you want a great education, it is out there for you. You just have to really use it to your advantage.

Posted September 28, 2013
This is my daughter s senior year and first semester at View Park Prep High School. We attended an orientation meeting at View Park, as we were leaving the new Dean was outside the campus, introducing himself to families on a personal basis. He expressed his goals for the new school year and allowed me to voice my experiences, opinions and expectations for the smaller community high school. I can say after discussing with my daughter we have felt there is a proactive administration, through the staff, counselors, and liaisons in keeping us informed through various channels, regarding events, policy and procedures, deadlines, college workshops, exams, scholarships and school site-higher education visitors. The lines of communication are both consistent and, inspiring to the student and parent. Back-to-School Night was my opportunity to meet her teachers; see their presentations on their education, experience, philosophy, policy, goals and high-expectations for students. I feel, when we all participate in cultivating active learners, we produce successful students, and prepared graduates to succeed in their future endeavors.

Posted December 21, 2012
I'm part of Class of 2012 This school does help your student get ready for college. But speaking from experience (parents) make sure your kids if they're in 9th-11th they need pay attention to their grades. C or better. Once they become a senior and if they have a D or a lower grade in any previous class they'll have to make it up during their year if they want the credits so their application looks better. I've seen so many of my peers taking classes that they should have been had years ago (because they failed the class or View Park never gave them the class) Spanish 1, geometry, health, etc. Try having your kid take classes in a community classes during the summer (make sure the credits are transferable) that will look good on an application as well. The counsellor does pay more attention to the seniors since they're more demanding (they need help filling out the FAFSA, making sure transcripts were sent, etc.) So before your child is a senior you're pretty much on your own. The school is boring, not that much to be excited about but the teachers there are amazing. 95% of the teachers; this is more than just a paycheck to them.

Posted July 11, 2012
I am a proud parent of a 10th grader whom attends Viewpark Prep Charter High School. My child love this school and so do I.

Posted February 06, 2012
My experience at View Park was awesome! I often reminisce on how much I miss vpp. I currently go to UC Berkeley, and I can agree thorough counseling goes to a chosen few, and I was not one of the ones chosen. But my mother sought outside resources i.e. West Angeles' youth center. I think the school prepared me for college a lot, I wish we wrote more writing in English but other than that I was not over whelmed my first year in college. As for vpp's "college drop outs", most of them I know. I never heard school was too hard I heard a variety of reasons, most of them were related to family. Once again, this is my experience. Both of my little brothers attend vpp and for them it has been awesome and much better than public schools. I say try the school out, it really shaped my life.

Posted January 20, 2011
Although the school is very unorganized, it does a great job with preparing the students with the tools necessary to succeed in college. However, it is up to the students to accept their responsibility trying their hardest in each subject. I am currently a senior at View Park and despite to popular belief I had a great amount of interaction with the college counselors during my 9th,10th, and 11th grade years. This year I will be graduating as valedictorian of my class and heading to a four-year college. Therefore the college counselors are effective. They do focus on the 12th grades a lot because they need to prepare them for college, but they have time and make time for the underclassmen as well. The students just have to have a desire to reach out to them and become concerned about their future.

View Park Preparatory Accelerated High School 3

Posted August 19, 2010
My daughter went to this school from the 4th grade thru 10th grade. The high school is the most disorganized of all the school. Like most of the other review says unless you in the 12th grade they pretty most ingored you, and while they tell you have most of their students go on to college and I know for a fact a lot of those same student returning home after the 1st year and end up in Junior college, because they can't make it. The school don't tell you about that . They also don't tell you have they catered to the parent children that always up at the school. I have so much I can say about the high school instead trying to build me school they need to pay more attention to the ones they have

Posted March 16, 2010
I am a proud parent of a 9th grade daugter whom attends Viewpark Prep Charter High School. I am pleased that my daughter has all the courses necessary to enter the University of her choice, as long as she works to her ability. In the beginning I had a few issues with the school, at this present time I have no issues and everything is just swell with VPPCHS.

View Park Preparatory Accelerated High School 1

Posted December 15, 2009
I agree the counseling is concentrated on 12 grade only. They are not concerned with helping out the lower grades so when you get to 12th grade its too late. Kids are getting lost in the cracks. For a small school environment this just not right. Where are the school counselor voicing their concerns about the 9th, 10th, and 11th graders. Please parents meet with the school counselors and ask them what they will do for your child 9th - 12th grade...then ask the parents of all grades and get what's really happening. For school's whose mission is to get students into college they sure dont have enough counselors. 1 to 400+ students, that's just like being in a big public school. Whats really the difference? If you want your child to succeed in COLLEGE they need a good high school so check the qualifications of the teachers, administators and counselors!

View Park Preparatory Accelerated High School 3

Posted October 20, 2009
Two years ago, my children attended VVP High School. At first their was alot of hype about how good the school was. But once you got in you found out the truth. Not only did they lack school books, but their is no counseling done unto the 12th grade. Some kids find out to late that there child may not be graduating. I know they mean well. But they are so busy opening up new schools, they do not concentrate on what is important for the students. It is all about the head count and own much money they can get. If your child goes to one of the ICEF schools make sure they are on track to graduate.

View Park Preparatory Accelerated High School
5701 South Crenshaw Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  90043
Last modified View Park Preparatory Accelerated High School is a Charter school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
View Park Preparatory Accelerated High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.