Posted March 07, 2014
We are an American and French couple. We had some guests for dinner last night, visiting from France and considering a move here with young kids. They asked us how we like the Lycee and I said...ask our son and the response was "I love it". A love of learning at 6 and we couldn't be happier. We'll be moving on to the Overland campus next year and will do our best to be highly involved with the new school. I hope to be able to continue to post excellent reviews.

Posted July 29, 2011
As private schools go in Los Angeles, we found the Lycee to be "the most bang for your buck!" The school provides the highest quality education monitored by both America's WASC and France's Ministry of Education. It is a rigorous academic program which may not be suited for every child. There is a huge emphasis on the arts and many physical activities. We are pleased to be giving our child the gift of being multilingual in a secure and nurturing environment. We hope other parents will discover this gem of a school!

Posted July 18, 2011
Le Lycee Francais de Los Angeles has a lot of work to do to improve its standard.They are solely going off their past reputation and the celebrities who have attended. Very disappointing. Advice : Read your contract's fine prints. There are some unexpected hidden fees.

Posted July 17, 2011
I'm french and I am pulling my son out of this school. High price for an unqualified staff. Kids are all different but are expected to fit in one box. No sense of community.

Posted June 26, 2011
Our 6 year old has only had fantastic experiences at the Lycee. The school work is rigorous but the students all seem to excell. The big bonus is the class sizes are small (12 students/class) and the teachers are very involved.

Posted June 26, 2011
Our daughter loves going to school every day. Actually, I have a difficult time picking her up at the end of each day. She wants to participate in all the extracurricular activities and summer programs just to extend her time at the Lycee. The Lycee provides a top notch education, with exceptional teachers/staff and the most culturally diverse student body of all the Los Angeles private schools. We are American and do not speak French, ...but our daughter reads and writes fluently in French. We are in love with the school!!!

Le Lycee Francais De Los Angeles 4

Posted February 27, 2011
Le Lycee has given a lot of effort for the past two years to meet the CA and FR requirements as well as the parents requests. Still on-going process but it seems going the good path ...

Posted August 16, 2010
Page 1 of 12 Next page of Le Lycee Francais de los Angeles Parent Reviews 5 out of 5 stars Posted today For anyone who has doubts that grads from Le Lycee can attend a good American university, attend gradation. In 2010 the three valedictorians were all women, all fluent in four languages, none of them native French speakers. One is attending Cornell in engineering, one is going to Cal Berkeley in math, and one is going to Stanford in liberal arts / archeology. How's that for proof of an excellent education - French or American? And by the way, as the working parent of two Lycee students, I love the fact that I send my kids to school and trust them to turn out well educated, well mannered, multi-lingual human beings, and that I am not required nor asked to spend any time micro-managing their classroom time.

Posted May 25, 2010
I'm a parent who's pulling my 5 year old out of this school. My child would be better off in a public school. The school is always right and you're always wrong. My child is very talented and wants to learn. The school is holding him back and wants him to stay in this French box where they keep the kids. Don't dare to criticize the French Governments school system is what you're told when you complain of the lack of education and stimulation. I lost all respect for this school.

Posted May 25, 2010
I'm french and when I moved to LA I wanted my 5 years old son to keep his french. He started at the lycee in kindergarden. After one year, his french instead of getting better has become worse, his education has been inexistent and he even lost his desire to go to school. It is just a very expensive day/care institution considering that the education is far beneath the american public school system. In kindergarden, the children spend their days playing with legos, singing songs and making simple drawings on paper. My son was ready to read and write when he started and after one school year he is still as the same point or even worse! The after school programs at least for what we took for him are handled by unqualified supervisors and not teachers. I would never recommend this school.

Le Lycee Francais De Los Angeles
10361 West Pico Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  90064
Last modified Le Lycee Francais De Los Angeles is a Private school that serves grades K-1
Le Lycee Francais De Los Angeles Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top