Los Angeles, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted November 24, 2014
Our daughter is in her second year at LILA. She is currently in kindergarten and we could not be happier. Neither one of us is French but we have Spanish and German speakers in our family. It was very important that our child's education reflect language, cultural diversity, and strong academics in general. All of these parameters are met at LILA and have surpassed our expectations. Our daughter is speaking, writing, reading and counting in both French and English. It is almost as if the French language inspires the English and the English language inspires the French. She is enthusiastic about the school, the students, the teachers, and what she learning.

Posted April 29, 2014
This is my daughter's second year at LILA. She is in Pre-K. Everyday that I drop her off at school I know I have made the right decision. She is happy. Her French is more fluent than I would of thought at this stage. We decided to join the LILA community because I am French-American and felt that a bi-lingual education is extremely important. We wanted our daughter to have the advantages of bilingualism and we wanted her to develop an appreciation and understanding of diverse cultures, people and perspectives. We wanted the best educational choice for our daughter and we feel we have found all this and much more at LILA.

Posted April 14, 2014
Very happy with the education our daughter is receiving for Pre-K. Not only is she excelling in learning the French language (she's already correcting my elementary French after six months of school!) but she's challenged and enjoying all the structured lesson planning. Her teacher is fantastic - always keeping us very informed on what they are doing, how she is progressing. The parents are engaged. Very happy with the choice to attend LILA.

Posted April 11, 2014
My family moved from New Orleans, LA last year where my son attended a french school as well. The cross country move was a huge adjustment for our family but I was most concerned about my son who was going into the 7th grade. LILA could not have been a better choice! I like to describe the school as being "student oriented" because there was a great deal of cohesiveness between the administration and the teachers to usher my son through this adjustment period. If any parent is concerned about their child falling through the cracks then this is the place to be. There are no cracks here, only a Principal and teachers who are willing to address concerns and help your child be the best student possible. I get emails from many teachers whenever there is a hint of a problem which allows me to make sure my son stays on the proper course. Student Oriented, where clearly, your child will come first. We love it here!

Posted April 10, 2014
LILA is the best education you can give your child today! We are an American family and had the option of sending our daughter to many other "well-known" private schools for elementary and chose LILA not only for its international education, but for its beautiful campus and wonderful community of educators and parents. Long term, it is a commitment to a strong curriculum that has proven from its 12th grade graduating students that my child will indeed be well prepared for the rigors of the top universities--not only in America, but around the world!

Posted April 09, 2014
We have been at LILA for 2 years now. And have had such a wonderful experience. We find it to be a perfect balance of rigorous academics, a nurturing environment and a wonderful representation of cultures from around the world. Learning an additional language is just the icing.

Posted March 31, 2014
LILA- Lycee International de Los Angeles- has been an amazing educational experience for my 4 year old son in the Pre-K program, and I look forward to many years ahead in this vibrant and diverse community. II am not a native French speaker but want my son to be bilingual and learn in an academically rigorous environment. I have recommended this school to friends based on the excellent curriculum, benefits of bilingualism, warm/involved community, great faculty and beautiful facilities.

Posted March 31, 2014
We cannot say enough good things about LILA! Our daughter surprises us everyday with new knowledge of the French culture and language as well as advancing in her English studies all at the same time. Most importantly though is her happiness to be at LILA! I go to pick her up at school and she doesn't want to leave making it very difficult to exit the campus quickly. We love everything about the school and cannot imagine another learning environment for our daughter.

Posted February 03, 2014
Every day, my daughter comes home and says she had a GREAT day at school. That is music to my ears. As a parent, I am beyond thrilled with the community of teachers, other families and administrators. It is a very welcoming environment. And, I am consistently impressed by the curriculum and skilled teachers. We were seeking a bilingual education in Los Angeles and I feel like we struck gold with LILA. It's a perfect balance of multiculturalism, beautiful environment for learning, academics and extra curricular.

Posted October 13, 2013
We have 2 daughters at LILA. One is in the new Secondary school campus in Burbank. Since Anneli Harvey has taken over as the Middle and High School campus director, the school is making great strides to improve areas that were lacking before. The program of a dual French and American education is rigorous but we were surprised to see that our daughter read English novels in 6th grade that other well known private middle schools aren't reading until 7th or 8th grade. The classes are small and the teachers are very quick to respond to questions and concerns. it doesn't have the facilities that some schools have but it does have a very integrated approach to the various subjects which is part of the IB philosophy and i think really sets the school apart from its competition. Sometimes the French approach and the American approach are at odds with each other but the school's administration does strive to bring the best of each system together to provide a very solid education. it is hard to come into the school in later grades if you are not a French speaker but the school is working on solutions for this as it wants to attract more outsiders to the middle and high school.

Lycee International de los Angeles School
4155 Russell Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90027
Last modified Lycee International de los Angeles School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Lycee International de los Angeles School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 81 reviews. Top