Los Angeles, CA

Posted May 02, 2014
We are very happy with DLS. I transferred my children here from another local school 3 years ago. The staff and teachers have been approachable and I love the fact that I'm able to communicate with their teachers through "fast direct" and receive texts. This system is a dream for the working parent. I love seeing my children enjoy learning about their faith and academics. My only concern is that I wish their extended care after school program was more organized to include tutoring or educational activities. Possibly getting csun students to volunteer may bring more "success" to the program. Other than that it's been a well worth investment!

De La Salle 3

Posted August 17, 2013
I m glad that my kids attended this school Because I always wanted my students to be In a safe environment where they could learn Catholic beliefs , discipline and moral values Which one we cannot find it in other public schools With all my respect . The only issue was the lack Of communications with the staff , they don't Solve problems if any arise ! Parents are great , they Cooperate together ,In exception of a few parents who thinks that they need to discipline other while achieving their mandatory Volunteers hours , I suggest that the management Would offer a mandatory training class for the parents from the Beginning of the school year !

Posted June 17, 2013
De la Salle is a wonderful school. I was a student there, and I feel like I got the best education possible. I am not sure if the person posting below even attended De la Salle because the school only goes up to 8th grade, and there are no high schoolers there. The kids are great, and I have never seen bullying. In fact, the school brought in an anti-bullying counselor at the beginning of the year to make sure that kids were educated about the effects of bullying. The families at De la Salle care about one another and their kids. The teachers and staff understand the needs of the students and their parents, and make efforts to address any problems that come up. By their graduating year, the students in each class level are so close that they are like family themselves. These are bonds which will last a lifetime. I am so glad that I got a great education at De la Salle.

Posted June 14, 2013
This school is the worst. I was a student here, and there are two main problems about this school. A lot of the teachers dont care if a student understands a lesson or not, they would just assign work, because "It won't affect my pay if you don't do well." My other reason for hating this school is the students! A lot of them are bullies and show offs. I Would watch high schoolers pick on elementary school students. A lot of the students here just love to show off, and make people feel horrible, and to think this is a religious school. So, in conclusion people here are rude, both students and staff, and don't send your children here.

Posted April 22, 2013
This school is WONDERFUL! My daughter has been here since kindergarten and will graduate from 8th grade this year. I researched carefully before enrolling her. She has flourished academically, spiritually and socially as a direct result of attending this school. The principal and VP are young and enthusiastic. The teachers constantly work to improve the curriculum. The administration is open to parent suggestions and is working on a technology plan and foreign language option. The majority of parents are involved and caring. I have read the negative reviews on this site, and they do not at all reflect our experience at DLS. I have had an opportunity to observe for 9 years now, and I have seen a small number of very vocal parents who either resent being asked to volunteer or fundraise, or have children who have been disciplined. Unfortunately, these parents gripe, gossip and obviously post on this site before leaving the school. However, the vast majority of the DLS parents are amazing people who love their kids and want to provide a top notch education for a fraction of the price of other private schools. DLS is a family, and I am glad my daughter was a part of it.

De La Salle 2

Posted January 26, 2013
We have been happy with the religious education our children have received and with what they have been learning for the most part. However, the school lacks effective communication and from the start we were left confused and uncertain of what was expected of us. The school, from the teachers to the principal do very little to support or engage new parents or provide them with tools to be active members of the community. We have not had a positive experience. Our child's teacher is reactionary; she punishes for behavior she deems inappropriate and does not work to avoid situations that might cause a repeat of unwelcome behaviors. Sadly, she is not alone. The school on the whole is reactionary. They overreact and punishments are inappropriate (detention for Kindergartners who play roughly and detention for late arrivals). Rather than make changes to the supervision and avoid any other issues, they expect the punishment to be a deterrent. We have been made to feel as if there is something wrong with our child and the school has continued to show us over and over again that they are not willing to work with us for a more positive experience.

Posted January 09, 2013
Unfortunately I can not recommend De la Salle the school has gone through so many changes its become a revolving door of who is who at DLS. The new principal I found to be unengaged with the students and parents and for me this was a huge reason for leaving DLS. I look forward to the time DLS can get back to what is important a decent education, good solid teachers, and great leadership the students deserve that.

Posted November 13, 2012
DLS is a great school! We have been through a lot of change, but that is what is necessary to continue to grow and be the school our students need us to be. We instill a strong Catholic lifestyle not only through our teachings, but as life examples. We are quickly integrating technology into our classrooms and through fundrasing have purchased many new devices. Our computer center is up an running to provide students with skills necessary for the real world. We have great art and music teachers who bring the fine arts alive in our classrooms. All of our teachers are devoted and are very skilled at their craft. Most importantly, the staff works together as a collaberative team to ensure that the childrens' best interest and needs are being met. We are also implementing the Common Core Curriculum to keep our students challeneged and on track. Transitional Kinder classes will begin in January for those that are ready! Stop on by and check us out, we are always here for you.

De La Salle 4

Posted September 04, 2012
This school has gone thru many changes; I can say that because I am a De La Salle parent since 2003. The most positive change has been the transition of the new principal Monica Castaneda. She is a vibrant and positive mentor not only for the children but for the entire school. My oldest son graduated in 2010 and is an honor student at Bell Jeff High School in Burbank, he was able to accomplish this with the values and goals that not only we as parents instill, but also with the help of the teachers at De La Salle. This schools mission and values are truly based on values on respect, caring and education goals for all students. We would truly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted February 19, 2012
my kids are currently enrolled in the school. we just received info from the school that there will be a tuition fee increase in the next school year. the reason being that the pastor and the current principal thinks that other surrounding catholic schools currently demands a higher tuition fee than de lasalle. the reason other schools in the locale has a higher tuition fee is because that they perform better than delasalle and have something else to offer like computer labs and enrichment programs, etc... sad to say that although my kids are going to miss their friends in delasalle cause they are going to another catholic school next year..

De La Salle