Public charter
Los Angeles, CA

Posted August 09, 2013
I graduated from here and looking back, it was a great school. It helped me with college questions and to care for the world.

Posted August 02, 2013
This is an excellent Charter High School. That helps students predominately of low imcome families. This school offers AP classes, Chasee preparation classes, SAT and ACT prep. Most of their students are getting acceptance to 4 year universities like UCLA, USC, UC DAVIS, UC SANTA BARBARA etc. Most of California State Universities are accepting them too, and some Ivy league universities (which is hard to believe, and a big dream for low income students) Some Camino Nuevo students are studying in some of the best private universities of US. With its rigorous academic program Camino's graduation rate is one of the highest in the neighborhood.

Posted July 18, 2011
Small classes, commited teachers, and very good curriculum make it an excellent school. The teachers have the full support of the administration and always work in the best interest of the students. The school has a webstie where parents can check the progress of their child and if there is any question they can email the teacher and get a response quickly. While LAUSD teachers were on strike asking for more pay (not for their performance, just more money) this school was open as it should.

Camino Nuevo Charter High School 2

Posted January 25, 2011
The teachers are alright but the administration is horrible. The school is run by three administrators/assistant principals who have questionable ethics. The school was founded by a pastor whose goal is to turn students into "agents of social change". The school effectively indoctrinates students. There are frequent changes in staff because teachers tend to quit after learning how bad things really are.Atleast 4 out of about 16 teachers quit every year, forcing Camino Nuevo to higher new teachers with little experience. Most of the teachers are young college graduates who just need a job to pay off their loans. I graduated thheir last year and my sister is currently a student there, she would leave but it would mess up her transcript and reduce her chances of going to an Ivy league university.

Camino Nuevo Charter High School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
My daughter is attending Camino Nuevo High School. She's in the 9th grade. (Charter School) This is the first time ever (including private school & public) that I have seen the teachers/staff so committed to the childrens education. The involvement between teachers/parents is awesome. These professionals care and want to give so much to the community so one day in the near future, these young men and women can be independent and able to face the world. And be respectable citizens! So...I was interest telling my story on camera and hopefully winning Camino Nuevo HS $20,000. I wish I had the funds to give, but I don't. There is no value set on obtaining an education especially in the times we are facing. From a mother's heart....we worry so much about our children, their education, and their safety. There are no gangs, weapon or drugs allowed. The children are taught to RESPECT eachother and adults. You couldn't find any other school around my area as GREAT as Camino Nuevo Charter High School. Thank you,

Posted September 04, 2010
This school is amazing! I am currently a senior at Camino Nuevo High School, and I really would not be able to deal with all these college things without the staff. They make sure we all register to SATs, ACTs, etc. and they call us one by one to make sure we have all of our A-G requirements. A lot of students say it's a tough school but it's only tough if you don't stay on track with your work. Even if someone is one of those students who doesn't stay on track, they are always on your back making sure you pass your courses. At Camino, you can not fail. They always expect the best out of you and they promote social justice. Anyone who disagrees with my review does not know what they are talking about. I am a student. I know!

Posted April 29, 2010
Amazing!!!!!! They really helped my out with a college aplications!!!

Posted February 24, 2010
This is amazing, my daughter had failed most of her classes the prior year. This year her GPA was 3.5. Happy and enjoying school with confidence in herself without rude teachers that don't care about students.

Posted January 12, 2010

Posted December 07, 2009

Camino Nuevo Charter High School
1215 W. Miramar Street, Los Angeles, CA  90026
Last modified Camino Nuevo Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Camino Nuevo Charter High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top