Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I really like the amount of communication we have with the teachers-email, Remind texting system and notes.

Amount of homework: Agree

I feel the school is moving away from "paper homework" and doing projects. I like a little of both.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Their students are polite and respectful every time I have seen them. There will always be a "bad apple" but the Principal does a good job of presenting expectaions.

This a true GEM! The staff, students, and teachers have a partnership. We are a multicultural school and I love my son explaining the importance of KWANZAA or great scientists and inventors from all backgrounds. I feel so fortunate to be chosen in their school lottery. The California Science Center is so crucial in their science development. I just wish there were more after school programs there in the school- for the little ones-without having to stay till 545pm.

A great and friendly school. My daughter has been in the dual language program since first grade. They have the best teachers in the dual program and the staff is really friendly. ThePTA at this school is amazing and wonderful. The teachers and parents work together to achieve in all areas. Alexander Science Center School has come a long way and it will continue to succeed year after year. My daughter has one more year to go and we are looking forward to graduating from Alexander Science Center school in 2016.

I am a former student from here. I was in the first 2nd grade class when it first opened back in 2004. From then on I stayed until the 5th grade. I have to say that this a great school to send your children. The teachers are great!! When I went there the school had many field trips which was great because it exposed students to the outside world. I learned a lot from that school and now that I'm a junior in high school I still remember things they taught me back when I came here. Thanks Science Center for everything and thanks to the wonderful teachers too. Elementary Class of 2008!

Alexander Science Center ha been a great experience for my 4th grader. Dedicated and Passionate teachers. The Dual program has been awesome for my daughter. The school has been working in all areas in order to improve and became one of the best elementary schools in Los Angeles.

My daughter has been at The Science Center School since kindergarten and I have to say that the experience has been great. She is in fourth grade now and The Dual Program has also been one of the best opportunities we have had at ASCS.Teachers and staff at this school are awesome. They are also working in all areas so they improve in order to become one of the best schools in Los Angeles.

My son has been at this school since kinder. I have had no bad experiences until this past school year. I was very displeased with the way my son's teacher conducted herself. Unfortunately I am one voice and if all the parents would have gotten together we would have made a difference. Hopefully this next school year will bring a better more positive attitude towards my feelings of the school. I have never had a problem with the principal and feel that if you want somethings done you must approach her with the utmost respect and she will give you the same in return. Overall if the parents would get more involved in the school it would make a big difference for our kids and their test scores!!!!

I have been teaching at the Science Center School for the past 7 years. It has been a wonderful and growing experience. Our teachers are dedicated and our students are hardworking. The teachers work hard to provide effective, quality instruction for all students. We're still a relatively new school and are working on our school's culture, but we've made tremendous progress in the programs we offer. I have thoroughly enjoyed working with the administration, fellow teachers, amazing students, and positive collaborative parents. This is a school that offers tremendous opportunities for students to DO science, work with technology, and receive a quality education that focuses on learning math and language arts through other content areas. At the end of the school year, we had our first talent show and the kids did a stupendous job sharing and showcasing their talent. I am excited to start the new 2011-2012 school year!

Last modified Dr. Theo. T. Alexander Junior, Science Center is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.