Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted August 22, 2016
Thanks you to Mrs. Ayala who showed persistence and professionalism in her teaching. My son showed a lot of growth across areas. Very patient and resourceful.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted August 22, 2016
I really like the amount of communication we have with the teachers-email, Remind texting system and notes.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 22, 2016
I feel the school is moving away from "paper homework" and doing projects. I like a little of both.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 22, 2016
There is a message that the students will achieve and persevere in their endeavors. The school setting sets high expectations.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted August 22, 2016
First of all, that stems from home. Student appropriate behavior is developed at home and practiced at school. The kids all seem nice to each other.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 22, 2016
The Parent Center offers gently used uniforms for those who cannot attain them-they ask for donations at the end of the year-My son gave his uniforms.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 22, 2016
Their students are polite and respectful every time I have seen them. There will always be a "bad apple" but the Principal does a good job of presenting expectaions.

Dr. Theo. T. Alexander Junior, Science Center 4

Posted August 22, 2016
This a true GEM! The staff, students, and teachers have a partnership. We are a multicultural school and I love my son explaining the importance of KWANZAA or great scientists and inventors from all backgrounds. I feel so fortunate to be chosen in their school lottery. The California Science Center is so crucial in their science development. I just wish there were more after school programs there in the school- for the little ones-without having to stay till 545pm.

Dr. Theo. T. Alexander Junior, Science Center 4

Posted February 03, 2014
A great and friendly school. My daughter has been in the dual language program since first grade. They have the best teachers in the dual program and the staff is really friendly. ThePTA at this school is amazing and wonderful. The teachers and parents work together to achieve in all areas. Alexander Science Center School has come a long way and it will continue to succeed year after year. My daughter has one more year to go and we are looking forward to graduating from Alexander Science Center school in 2016.

Dr. Theo. T. Alexander Junior, Science Center 5

Posted February 01, 2014
I am a former student from here. I was in the first 2nd grade class when it first opened back in 2004. From then on I stayed until the 5th grade. I have to say that this a great school to send your children. The teachers are great!! When I went there the school had many field trips which was great because it exposed students to the outside world. I learned a lot from that school and now that I'm a junior in high school I still remember things they taught me back when I came here. Thanks Science Center for everything and thanks to the wonderful teachers too. Elementary Class of 2008!

3737 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA  90007-4366
(213) 746-1995
Last modified Dr. Theo. T. Alexander Junior, Science Center is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.