Public charter
Los Angeles, CA

Posted February 03, 2014
A great and friendly school. My daughter has been in the dual language program since first grade. They have the best teachers in the dual program and the staff is really friendly. ThePTA at this school is amazing and wonderful. The teachers and parents work together to achieve in all areas. Alexander Science Center School has come a long way and it will continue to succeed year after year. My daughter has one more year to go and we are looking forward to graduating from Alexander Science Center school in 2016.

Dr. Theo. T. Alexander Junior, Science Center 5

Posted February 01, 2014
I am a former student from here. I was in the first 2nd grade class when it first opened back in 2004. From then on I stayed until the 5th grade. I have to say that this a great school to send your children. The teachers are great!! When I went there the school had many field trips which was great because it exposed students to the outside world. I learned a lot from that school and now that I'm a junior in high school I still remember things they taught me back when I came here. Thanks Science Center for everything and thanks to the wonderful teachers too. Elementary Class of 2008!

Posted October 25, 2013
Alexander Science Center ha been a great experience for my 4th grader. Dedicated and Passionate teachers. The Dual program has been awesome for my daughter. The school has been working in all areas in order to improve and became one of the best elementary schools in Los Angeles.

Posted October 25, 2013
My daughter has been at The Science Center School since kindergarten and I have to say that the experience has been great. She is in fourth grade now and The Dual Program has also been one of the best opportunities we have had at ASCS.Teachers and staff at this school are awesome. They are also working in all areas so they improve in order to become one of the best schools in Los Angeles.

Posted August 07, 2011
My son has been at this school since kinder. I have had no bad experiences until this past school year. I was very displeased with the way my son's teacher conducted herself. Unfortunately I am one voice and if all the parents would have gotten together we would have made a difference. Hopefully this next school year will bring a better more positive attitude towards my feelings of the school. I have never had a problem with the principal and feel that if you want somethings done you must approach her with the utmost respect and she will give you the same in return. Overall if the parents would get more involved in the school it would make a big difference for our kids and their test scores!!!!

Dr. Theo. T. Alexander Junior, Science Center 5

Posted July 20, 2011
I have been teaching at the Science Center School for the past 7 years. It has been a wonderful and growing experience. Our teachers are dedicated and our students are hardworking. The teachers work hard to provide effective, quality instruction for all students. We're still a relatively new school and are working on our school's culture, but we've made tremendous progress in the programs we offer. I have thoroughly enjoyed working with the administration, fellow teachers, amazing students, and positive collaborative parents. This is a school that offers tremendous opportunities for students to DO science, work with technology, and receive a quality education that focuses on learning math and language arts through other content areas. At the end of the school year, we had our first talent show and the kids did a stupendous job sharing and showcasing their talent. I am excited to start the new 2011-2012 school year!

Dr. Theo. T. Alexander Junior, Science Center 3

Posted May 18, 2010
The science center school has no excuse for not reaching and even far exceeding test scores and academic achievement for the students, given all the resourses available to it. the university, the science center partnership and the museum row that are at arm's lenth of the ASCS campus. I hope that the survey that was sent in may helps in some way and does not end up as just another thing that should of and /or could of.

Dr. Theo. T. Alexander Junior, Science Center 2

Posted May 12, 2010
There is a lot of discord between Principal Denen and the teachers. sadly this has really affected the culture of the school. if they do not fix that the school will suffer and this translate into the children suffering. yes the principal is hard to approach, because she is very defensive.

Posted March 15, 2010

Dr. Theo. T. Alexander Junior, Science Center 3

Posted March 13, 2010

Dr. Theo. T. Alexander Junior, Science Center
3737 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA  90007
(213) 746-1995
Last modified Dr. Theo. T. Alexander Junior, Science Center is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dr. Theo. T. Alexander Junior, Science Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top