Bad
Good

This is a great school with excellent staff and personnel. The teachers along with students and parents make education easier for the students. I just have to say thanks to all for all the support to my child and others.

I love the rigor at this school, not only are many AP classes offered but students are given many opportunities to help them improve and hone their skills. The sophomore history teacher even holds Saturday tutoring every month to help students with writing and analysis skills!

As a graduating student, I think it is safe to speak that, from the student perspective, this school works you to death. This school has a variety of teachers which range from the most amazing to the most incompetent. The administration is pretty decent, but their may come times when the administration treats the students as if they were prisoners, especially the seniors. This school has an after-school, exclusive program called SOS, which stands for "Save Our Seniors." Although this program sounds like it's for the better, it really isn't for the most part as many students sit around doing as little as possible with their time slowly being eaten up until 6 p.m., when the students are finally let out. As a student, I am able to comment how unsuccessful programs like SOS are and how little voice the students have. In the area of student government, the students do not lead. Students become mere pawns to the principal as the principal has strict expectations of the event planned. This school also has a tendency to waste lots of money on resources that prove to be ineffective, which is shown in their mini laptops that give students plenty of trouble when trying to tasks online.

I student taught here many moons ago. The headlines read something like "new high school shines in the middle of the ghetto," or something like that. What they don't say is that they basically hand pick their students based on behavior and academic ability. In fact, that's how the school was founded. The principal personally approached the parents of every honor student at his previous school and invited them to found GRHS. I'm not sure how they get around the "lottery," but it's never been a problem for them. They also kick out anyone who doesn't help the school. After all, their mission is to look good. All this results in very high test scores and students who go to college. Good for them. I don't think anyone should be surprised though. Meanwhile the "other" kids in LA still have the same problems they always did. They're not good enough for GRHS. This school deserves almost no credit for their dog and pony show. The kids deserve high ratings, but this school deserves to be around a 2 or 3.

Gertz-Ressler is very strict to their students and if you are eager to learn then your in the right school. The teachers and Mr Waller really care about their students. The classroom are small with only 20-25 students which is great. The teachers can focus more on their students. The school focus on getting their students ready for college.

Im a currently a Sophmore in GRHS. It is a strict school, expectations are high but it opens many doors to the future. I didn't like this school in my Freshman year, but I ended up liking the school because I had many more opportunities of success than if iI was to be in a public high school. Good grades are hard to get, but its only as hard as you make it. Right now iI qualify for UC's so far, by next year I can qualify for privates. I was in basketball in my freshman year and it was a fun experience, right now im in the cheer squad and its also pretty cool. I recommend this school for people who want to succeed. GRHS has great staff and teachers. So if you want to be a somebody in life, I recommend this school. GO PUMAS!

Hey! I'm currently a junior in GRHS and this is a school like no other, it's strict, the classes/work are/is difficult, the grading policy is set as it is in college, and there are many benefits. You receive two fee waivers for your SAT, SAT prep classes, there are awesome teachers, and great peers. For more information, the school site is http://www.gertzresslerhigh.org Although it a complete website, it should provide some feel about the school.

This school is really only for students who want to go to college, trust me, i know because i'm recently attending gertz ressler and i am a freshman. This scholl is hard, in a good way, and a pain in the butt for me but i know this school will take me to the distance!

Richard merkin has helped me in a lot of ways. Through the past 2 years i have been here i have had an exciting and bumpy year. Although i got in trouble lots of times i still maintained my high grade point average. I think that richard merkin is the best school to go to because we learn and get our materials from the high school next to us which is also a great school. This experience has been very great and for my last year here i want to represent my school and keep up my grade point average. This school also has very many fun activities. We have all sorts of sports and dance teachers and many many more. I really enjoy my time here.....

Last modified Alliance Gertz-Ressler Richard Merkin 6-12 Complex is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.