Los Angeles, CA

Posted June 23, 2014
We are parents that just moved into this community here in EL Sereno, and loved that this school was so welcoming. I registered my 3 kids in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade! I went by on June 10th and meet the staff and principal. Every one is so friendly and polite and sweet. I am going to tell my family who will be moving in to this community to transfer their kids too. We like how they care for all students and looks like they do a lot for all the students through out the year. I am excited and looking forward to help in any way I can.

Posted June 23, 2014
I work at the school for one of the after school programs, and I like to say that this is a very great school. I am proud and honored to be a part of such a wonderful school. The staff, teachers, Principal and parents are all so nice and very helpful. It is great to be part of this school. I strongly recommend to all parents to register their children here. This school has so many activities for the students and the teacher love teaching to their students.

Posted June 04, 2014
So glad that we are taking our son out of this school. The principal at this school has got to go she really is a reason that we are pulling our son out of this school yes we will have to work harder to pay for a private school but in the end it will be the best for are son.to the rest of parents make this a charter school and you will see that your kids will be better off.

Cesar Chavez Elementary School 1

Posted June 04, 2014
Principal has to go. She has no backbone. going to start a motion to change it to a charter school.

Posted June 03, 2014
I love this school, it is always clean, its in a very nice area and the principal and volunteers are so friendly and kind! The principal is such an outstanding leader, she has what it takes to lead us. I am so proud and honored to be a part of this staff. We need a little work with a few teachers but nothing that our principal can't handle.This is why she is the boss and in charge of the school. The principal loves all the kids so much, she goes out of her way for them. I love it that she is such a determine leader to make our school a better one every day. She works hard and long hours and that alone shows that she is always in the best interest of our students and staff.Thank you for all your hard work and for your way of being, in showing us that, as a team &a family we can concur any and all challenges together. All schools have challenges and drama but there is nothing that stops our principal form seeking and finding support for us to build community amongst one another.This is an on going challenge but with such a GREAT, OUTSTANDING, and AMAZING principal, we will move forward for the sake our students.In the end the students is why we love to come to work at the school.

Cesar Chavez Elementary School 1

Posted June 02, 2014
I do not know what some of these people are talking about, but I know a parent that was volunteering there and she always kept watched and listen to what people say about each other and she never said a thing about what was going on until she realized that teachers do talk badly about each other and the volunteers and they still try to play it off like there is nothing wrong here. I feel said for the students here, because the teachers are followers and not leaders and it comes to mind to what are they teaching the students here. Test scores are low because some of the teachers here do not take the time to handle these students.

Posted June 01, 2014
My school is falling apart, I am a TA and I see and hear a lot of negative things said from this actually teacher who spends most of her time, finding ways to tear apart the community, rather than unite it. This teacher needs to be stopped, and most of us are intimidated by her. She is only getting worse and I am afraid of the well being of the students that have to sit in her class every day.

Posted June 01, 2014
I am glad we are leaving the school. I am a 6th grade single parent and I really feel bad for the principal because she has to deal such negativity from them few teachers and negative parents. Even the front secretary who is really rude, she is always in a bad mood. no customer service from the main office. I see the principal really trying to make this a better place for us but honestly that PTA needs to go, they just corrupted my school and never involved us parents on anything. It was always about only them. This new parent group has it together, I really wish them the best because they will need it. Too many people are haters and don't appreciate a good thing when they have it. I recommend this school but only if PTA permanently leaves!!!!!!!!!!!!! I only wish this new parent group was there when the school started, they would not allowed any of this negativity to go on and on like what is happening right now. Chin up, things will get better, we need to stick together as a team and not allow for any bad influence. They bad will always be there but the good always concur over evil.Good luck to the principal and keep up the great work with the volunteer parent group.

Posted June 01, 2014
Even if we change it to a charter school, it wont change the low test scores.most of the teachers there wont use common core.I am a parent there and my 2nd grade teacher wont use it.I asked her why and she thinks is it not good enough to her.I called the district and say that teachers need to jump start on common core.so we can not go around blaming the principal?when it is a team & these few teachers are the cause of our school falling apart.So when we are putting down the school please refer to entire staff not just one person to blame, because these few teachers were in the PTA and are causing trouble in trying to bring it back. I am sorry but PTA did not do nothing for my school. The only thing PTA did was act in such unprofessional and disrespectful to us volunteers when we try to join them. I was a member of PTA and if you were not part of their circle you were not "COOL" with them.. So if you want to help the school, its not about taking out the principal but reporting to the district on how these teachers are just not there for our kids. The new volunteer group looks like they know what they are doing is helping my school. good work and we support the new volunteer group

Posted June 01, 2014
Cesar Chavez was on of the best run schools before the "parent volunteers" started volunteering & the principal was placed at this school. Chavez was known for its dedication towards motivating students to succeed in their educational goals, to be respectful, & for teaching children right from wrong. Chavez has dedicated a great amount of time in teaching students that bullying and harassment is absolutely intolerable, however with the new "leader" of the school & parent volunteers this dedication has gone out the window. I believe that this school has been struck with bad luck and poor judgement when these people took a step into the school. There is absolutely no authority, no leadership, no discipline, no love, and no respect for the teachers, students, and TA's. Wiser decisions needs to be made to benefit the children not the parents who want to become known to benefit themselves outside of school business. this school should be taken into serious consideration for review by the district to get better, wiser, educated personnel. to get parent volunteers who want the betterment of children and not themselves. The parent volunteers that are there now want to take control (cont)..

Cesar Chavez Elementary School
5243 Oakland Street, Los Angeles, CA  90032
Last modified Cesar Chavez Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cesar Chavez Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top