Celerity Nascent Charter School

Charter | K-8 | 545 students

Sweep tile

Posted June 11, 2008

I'm glad to have the opportunity to let everyone know how wonderful celerity nascent charter school is. This was my son's first year in kindergarten there. His teacher mr. Wood has been helpful to me and my child by providing us with simple handicrafts, classroom exercises, and a wealth of knowledge to prepare my son for regular schoolwork. Your wonderful mr. Wood~~ keep up the good work!! however, i would like to encourage all parents to get invlove in your childs education. Make sure you help them with their homework, and please make sure they turn it in when it's due. Paraent involvement is the key to a child's success! try it. Iw

Posted January 24, 2008

This school Lacks Organization. Although I feel as though the Teachers were more than qualified. I was extremely happy with the Kindergarden Instructor Mr. Wood, which my son was blessed to be a student for. My daughter was a 4th grader and I saw the teacher student interactions. I sat and volunteered in classes.

Posted September 6, 2007

This is only the 3rd semester for Celerity. My grandson started kindergarten here and I am very pleased. Give them a chance.

Posted September 5, 2007

Unfortunately , this school lacks administration, organization and qualified teachers. The middle school failed the 7th graders all together. They did not receive books until the end of the school year and the classrooms were overcrowded. The school was more focused on receiving funding , then making sure the students were getting a solid education. Parents if you are serious about your child/erns education, I beg of you to not send them to this school.

Posted September 5, 2007

Celerity continues to prove it self by raising their test scores each year. I have seen some changes in teachers in the last couple of years. Celerity has great and highly qualified teachers who are devoted to their students. The administrators, teachers, and personnel of the school are exceptional in every way. I look forward in the years to come as we continue to be a part of the Celerity family.

Posted July 7, 2007

I was a former 7th grade student at Celerity Charter School, it's sad to say that the whole school is a disappointment to me.This school is very unorgainized,and needs to have teachers that really do care about the students.Through out the whole school year we were barely prepared for the SAT,and just got our scince books at the end of the school year.They replaced wonderful teachers with horrible ones. Please consider looking into the school before you send your child there.
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 30, 2007

There seems to be a lot of new teachers but these teachers seem anxious to prove themselves. The admin. are very liberal and open minded, their focus is entirly academic. There is a lack of parent participation. They invest heavily in alternative education and extracurricular activity. Ahmad

Posted May 8, 2007

Celerity Nascent is an amazing school with a dedicated staff and administration. The school culture is invigorating and challenging academically. The school also has an excellent enrichment program. They provide dance, yoga, karate and art for the students. The parent investment and involvement is also very high at this school. I am glad I enrolled my child.

Posted May 8, 2007

Three of my children attend Celerity. My oldest daughter had a hard time reading at her previous school. She has made a complete turnaround here at Celerity. She is motivated by her teachers and everyone seems to care about her as a person. She is able to find role models at the school. Now it is hard for me to see her without a book in her hand.

Posted March 22, 2007

Celerity Nascent Charter School is generally a good school, but needs the financial help to make it better.

Posted March 17, 2007

This is my son's first year at Celerity and I can say that I absolutely love it. My son is in the 2nd grade and is constantly being challenged. I can't wait until my 4 year old attends next year. Mrs. Wang is a good teacher. She keeps my son motivated and coming home talking about new things that he's learned. The teachers and administrators are always friendly and take care of business. I would recommed anyone to go to that school. The only thing that I would say that they are lacking is good parent participation for their meetings, but you can't blame the school for that. They might not have the same extracurricular activities as the regular public schools,but I don't mind paying for those small perks.

Posted March 7, 2007

I thank God for Celerity Nascent School! this school is the best thing ever, my son is doing great, I know he is very difficult but they treat him with love and understanding, thank you

Posted February 22, 2007

I was excited to have my children attend the school.I was disappointed with the administration. They need to be stronger. Every function they have is always unorganized. Some teachers don't have control of the class. The same parents are always volunteering, they don't stick to their volunteer or uniform policy. Mr. Graham and Mr. Hoctor are great. My children made lots of friends. I had to take them out because I could no longer handle the discipline problems the school had and lack of organization. I was there at least once a week, if not more so I know that the more time you spend there the more you get to see and the areas they lack in. They are trying but I'm afraid they will end up being just like the schools we took out children out of for a better education. I wish them lots of luck.

Posted February 13, 2007

This is my son's first year at Celerity. I am very impressed with the teachers, and the leadership. Mrs. Canada and Mr. Knox know the children personally and actively participate in their development. I communicate with my son's principal, assistant principal, administrator's, and teachers regularly, and there is a cooperative effort to get the best out of my child. I like the fact that there is a high level of parent involvement and that on any given day, there are parents on campus interacting with the children. I like the fact that Celerity has an 'open door' policy, and I can drop in and observe my child in class at any time. I wish for Celerity the type of funding that would afford them computers for every student, and even smaller class sizes for their middle school students. C. Pressley

Posted February 7, 2007

This is my daughter's first year (3rd grade) and I am truly impressed. I want more communication from her teacher, but overall it's a great place and I highly recommend it to those that want a quality education for their children without leaving the 'hood'. Mrs. Canada goes above and beyond as an administrator. You can truly see the love and devotion she has for the kids. It's technically not a 'pretty' school, but I am not interested in a 'cute' environment for my kid. I want her to learn. They focus on parental participation (which I love) and students are responsible for themselves (which I appreciate). Keep up the good work.

Posted January 28, 2007

I feel fortunate to have my child in a small environment surrounded by so many professionals that take a genuine interest in my child's education. Celerity continues to show tremendous growth with each year. I tell all that I can about this unique school.

Posted January 9, 2007

As a second year parent of a 5th grader this school is not what it is cracked up to be.There is no order,no communication and I am starting to question the credibility of the teachers.This schools main focus is money.Although, it is free for my child..I didn't realize the fine print.Every trip they plan us parents have to pay for.If we don't pay than our child cannot participate. This is a new school and I think instead of high price field trips they need to focus on getting these children consistent with their education.The uniform policy is a joke! This school needs a serious faculty evaluation and change or they wont be around to long.

Posted January 8, 2007

I think Celerity is a great school due to the fact that my children are happy the have strong teachers good after school programs and firm rules that are needed in a school. true it's not your typical school setting with the big play yard but that let's the kids know there here to learn. when my son was at a regular school that's all he talked about recess know he talks about what he learned and test and healthy eating which is more important than playing. Want to say thanks to Ms. Solis 1st&2nd grade teacher and Ms. Pak Kinder for teaching my kids the importance in life.

Posted November 30, 2006

There is no doubt that Celerity has room for improvement in terms of their facility. The space seems too limited for the number of classrooms/grades they have. But I am willing to give them a break and give the school a change. But in terms of academics, I can honestly share that they are really trying and I am satisfy with my son's first grade teacher. Great job Ms. Cook. For the parent that states that they call you for everything; I must say 'deal with it and stay involved'. I never, ever mind when the school calls me to discuss an issue that involves my son.

Posted November 20, 2006

The school policy at Celerity Charter School is absurd. Their policy is to call you for every little thing your child does, but they never seem to be able to contact you when it is important. Only a small handful of parents are involved in the program. Their academic program is no different from a normal public school. My overall experience at this school was terrible. I urge other parents to speak to the parents before enrolling their children. I give this school a F.

This school's

(2012)

9 / 10

10 / 10

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school met all student subgroup API targets for 2013

Change from 2012 to 2013
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

9 / 10

API Statewide Rank (2012)

10 / 10

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 56% in 2013.

89 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

89 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 46% in 2013.

62 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 66% in 2013.

64 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 65% in 2013.

53 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

53 students were tested at this school in 2013.

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

40 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

42 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

40 students were tested at this school in 2013.

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

33 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

33 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 86% in 2013.

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

32 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

32 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 50% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 57% in 2013.

2010

General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 85% in 2013.

History - Social Science Grade 8 Cumulative

26 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

All Students84%

Students with no reported disability56%
Fluent-English proficient and English only61%
Parent education - high school graduate47%
Parent education - declined to staten/a

General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

Geometry

• Year-round
Fax number
  • (323) 733-2977

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now