Posted August 13, 2014
I'm sad to see anyone rating this school less than 5 stars. We moved our son from a public LAUSD school last year and cannot begin to tell you what a world of difference Pincrest has made! Not only did he have the most amazing teacher, who ignited his passion for learning, but he looked forward to everyday with great enthusiasm. He took Spanish, Art, Chorus, Music, Computers, Tap Dancing and participated in the fantastic sports program, flag football, basketball and volleyball! They traveled to other private schools to compete and at the end of the season, they were given swimming lessons in the pool on campus. They took some amazing field trips. When you add it all up, one has to wonder how they make any money at all? It is evident that every cent of fundraising money goes back into programs for the kids. As far as security, we couldn't have felt any safer. The staff seems to know every single kid and parent on campus. When my husband offered to volunteer, they welcomed the parent involvement, and sent him in immediately for a background check and fingerprinting. Our son having asthma requires a bit of special care, the school nurse was absolutely exceptional! LOVE THIS SCHOOL!

Pinecrest Schools - Woodland Hills 3

Posted January 29, 2014
I went to this school when I was a kid, and some of my very best memories were at Pinecrest. My daughter is now in Preschool there, and has been going since she was 18 months old in the toddler class. I have to say, I am a little more than disappointed with this school lately. Not only are they raising the price of tuition, but they nickle and dime you for everything. I would rather my child not have a pumpkin patch at her school, rather than be forced to pay an extra $10, so she doesn't feel left out. If I am paying as much as I pay to send her 5 full days a week, I think those little extras should be included. Her class is also getting rather large as well. She is private school for a reason. If I wanted her to be in a class with 20 other kids, she would be in public school...for free! Bottom line, as soon as she is old enough to enter public school (Kindergarten), we will most likely be pulling her out of this school. As much as we love her teachers, we just don't love how corporate keeps raising the price of tuition. They will also be lowering the sibling discount, which is a great way to alienate the parents who are struggling financially to send 2 kids to private school.

Pinecrest Schools - Woodland Hills 2

Posted January 16, 2014
This school was very promising when we first viewed it. However, the campus is run down and the management are awful at communicating with the parents. We have been trying to raise issues of concern and our requests to meet were not met. There is no parent association also. Funds are collected through fund raising but we have no idea where the money is being spent - it doesn't look like its being spend on facilities. Teachers seem demotivated.

Pinecrest Schools - Woodland Hills 1

Posted October 06, 2013
Wow, the review from June 21st has really given us pause. Our children went to pre-school (they had "The two "T" teachers) there and we were looking at Pinecrest as an option for them for middle school. Well, that won't be happening after reading this comment. Any school that fires some of their very best cannot be trusted. Very sad to hear this.

Pinecrest Schools - Woodland Hills 4

Posted June 21, 2013
I've had all 3 of my children at Pinecrest Woodland Hills since 2006. The best thing about the school has always been the family atmosphere and sense of community the school has maintained. Academically, the school has been very good, especially K through 3. Starting in grades 4-5, the academic rigor starts to fade and the middle school test scores really reflect that. For my family, Pinecrest has been incredible. The administration has treated my kids like they were their own. Mrs. Monello, the campus director, and her staff have run the school with impeccable honor and integrity. Administratively, we couldn't ask for anything more. A truly enjoyable experience for us all. Unfortunately, the Pinecrest ownership fired about a half dozen beloved teachers at the end of the 2013 school year, including 2 teachers that had been at the school for 20+ years AND Mrs. Monello. They sold their Van Nuys campus and then fired a bunch of the very best teachers they had on staff at Woodland Hills. Are you kidding me? Bottom line, we're not returning to Pinecrest because we're angry about the summary firings and we, quite frankly, do not trust the Pinecrest corporate leadership anymore.

Pinecrest Schools - Woodland Hills 2

Posted April 18, 2013
My child is currently a student at Pinecrest preschool and I really cannot recommend this school to any parent. The school lacks any security which is not a reassuring situation especially in today's climate. The teachers are caring to a certain degree but rush out of the school 6 pm & the school is open until 6:30 pm. They pride themselves as a "working parent's school". Occasionally, I pick up my child up after 6 pm and all of my child's teachers are gone and I have no idea how my child's day went. I'm a working parent not a disinterested parent! Do your family a favor and enroll elsewhere.

Posted August 10, 2012
My children have been going to Pinecrest since they were at their Toddler Center. They are now both in elementary and loving it! The principal and, Mrs. Monello, and her staff are receptive, nurturing and always available to assist. They know every student by name. My kids have the utmost respect for the staff. The teachers and aids are excellent as well. They inspire and provide guidance to help them think.

Posted June 21, 2012
My daughter just completed her first year in the Toddler Center and had a fantastic year. Her teachers were so kind and loving. I knew she would be taken care of while I had to be away from her to work. She had fun and learned so much. She came home singing new songs all the time. She constantly talked about all of her little friends in her class. She was able to participate in lots of extra activities as well (Tumblebees, Lil Angels, and "field trips"). We look forward to watching her grow and flourish over the next several years at Pinecrest!

Posted June 11, 2012
I am a proud parent of a 6 year old. This is her second wonderful year at Pinecrest Woodland Hills. This year is her kindergarten year and she has truly has had a great experience both years. Pre - Kindergarten really set the pace and helped her gain the knowledge to make for a nice transition into kindergarten. Both years her teachers have been the best. The amount of confidence Mrs. Summer gave her this year is amazing. Pinecrest is the school I know will be the school for my daughter to complete all the way through Middle School. I would recommend this school to anyone wanting the best education for children.

Posted June 10, 2012
I have been teaching for over 48 years, 40 within the LAUSD ,and 9 for Pinecrest School Woodland Hills. and this is the best school I've been involved with. The classroom materials are extremeley abundant, the specialized classes offered are numerous, and the sports program is outstanding. The school's administration is very supportive and understanding toward its teachers and parents. This school offers so many opportunities for children to grow and develop. I am pleased to be part of it!

Pinecrest Schools - Woodland Hills
5975 Shoup Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  91367
Last modified Pinecrest Schools - Woodland Hills is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Pinecrest Schools - Woodland Hills Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews.