Bad
Good

Posted December 06, 2013
Over the past four years the GARR . Board of directors continue to demonstrate a pattern of violations of law, conflict of interest issues and self-dealing, fiscal mismanagement, and breach of material terms of its charter. The G.A.M.E.S governing board has a pattern stemming from at least 2009 of having issues related to governance and conflicts of interest.

Posted December 06, 2013
I consider GAAR Academy of Mathematics and Entrepreneurial Sciences (GAMES) as one of the best elementary schools in the Los Angeles area. It has improved academically every year of our association. With a 4th, 3rd, and kindergartner we are still vested in the school for another 5 years. We look forward to continued growth in our staff, technology, community, and district support.

Posted December 06, 2013
Garr is a small charter school. Every school, can improve, Garr has improved over the last 4 years. Kids know each other by name, or face, they are comfortable here. The drop off, and pick up areas, are great, very convenient!

Posted December 06, 2013
I believe this is a great school. My daughter is the first grade and the kids are much advanced than the kids at Manhattan Elementary School as far as the first grade. I also have a niece that attend the kindergarten at Garr. She is so much advanced compared to kids her own age as far as school materials. I love that they are learning Spanish early in life. This is a great school.

Posted December 05, 2013
Garr is so great. I loved this school so much from when my sister attended that I brought my son here. The school is family oriented and make me feel loved everyday . they also greet each parents and student at drop off and pick ups. He teachers care really much about each child individually and also Mr.Green or great. the way the students run to him is warming . I wish that when I was in grade school it would. have been like this. I would have loved to come and would have been more successful with my life. students need more motivating environments like this. thanks Garr !!!!!

Posted December 05, 2013
I I am a grandparent of a kindergarten at Garr I feel it is a great school my grandson is so smart he speak very well. I was so impress on how they are teaching the kids Spanish, it amazing to hear a 5 year old come home telling you how to say color and the pledge of allegiance in Spanish is very impressing because that show he learning and like school. He does book report and he love to read, he will get his book and ask you to let him read to you. Most kindergarten cannot sit still that long. I have raise two kids; both had to go outside of LA to get a good education, my daughter felt she needed to do the same for her son. Then the sitter who be taking care of him for 5 years told us about Garr once he started after a month we both agree it was a good choice. Before taking a way a great school take time to see how it will affect the student, I feel LAUSD does not think when they make bad decision.

Posted January 31, 2013
I LOVE this school!! I graduated last year from 5th grade.The teachers are AMAZING.To all of those parents who are complaining about pretty much nothing,GET OVER IT!! For example I read a review saying that she was mad because her daughter got sent out of class because the sole of her shoe was white.If you dont like this school because its strict,then get your child out! Garr tries its best to educate the children. About the bullies,its tough.But they have control of that! All I have to say is..........GET REAL PEOPLE!!! Seriously its an AMAZING school. Wonderful staff. Incredible teahcers. Last but not least this school has the GREATEST principal ever!! So enroll your child now because spaces are LIMITED! =)

Posted September 24, 2012
Since attending Garr my child's reading has improved. The teachers care about the students improvement. So much so there was and is a reading program to help kids become better readers. The teacher that my child has now in 2nd grade is AWESOME she is firm but fun and loving and the children are learning. My child scored 100% on the spelling test and for us spelling big words is an accomplishment. Also my child is learning how to be a great scholar!

Gifted Academy Of Math And Entrepreneurial Studies 1

Posted September 07, 2012
Next year I will be removing my daughter from this school , the staff here are very unprofessional and petty, my 1st grader was removed from class because the bottom sole of her shoe was white, I will be making a complaint today with thier District and I am gonna request that they do a state audit everywhere from the terrible lunch program to the after school program, this school was very unfair towards my child education I felt like they were very unprofessional and petty for letting my child miss a whole day of learning . I will be taking this matter further than principle Greene .

Gifted Academy Of Math And Entrepreneurial Studies 2

Posted August 24, 2012
I decided to move my child from this school to KIPP Academy of Opportunity and WHAT A DIFFERENCE?!?! In looking back at my time here, I cannot believe what we endured. The policies were unfair, the professionalism lacking and the commitment to students' learning just wasnt visible. KAO is going to be a WAY better choice for me!

Gifted Academy Of Math And Entrepreneurial Studies
1724 West 53rd Street, Los Angeles, CA  90062-2718
Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. (323) 294-2008
Last modified Gifted Academy Of Math And Entrepreneurial Studies is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.