Los Angeles, CA

Posted September 06, 2013
This is the baddest school I have ever been to the teachers never give a dam and always gives us way to much homework and the students in the school always bulled one another so I moved to VAPA and hade a better time.

Posted August 17, 2012
This school is terrible. I'd have to say that the kids there bully me often and the kids do some bad things when teachers aren't looking. My teachers were never really kind to me because I was different. And I didn't even really learn anything there. It wasn't a challenge for me at all and I do not recommend it to kids. One good thing about it was the clubs and activities there were a lot to keep my self occupied. But some other down sides were the restrooms that aren't kept very clean as well as some of the desks in ta classroom. The homework was ridiculous is my opinion. Always so much on stuff I didn't even learn. I hope in the future teachers will start to realize when a student is hurt because they never seem to find out when I was getting bullied. I used to have a friend who would ask me to smoke this weird stuff. I always said no but him and his friend eventually stopped after the constant teasing of me being too 'weak'. The school was okay. I don't rate it high though. I hope they change all the stuff that hurt me in that school. I wish all the kids there luck and a safe 4 years that I never had. Miguel Conteras Learning Complex, I wish you luck with future students.

Posted November 20, 2009
i honestly think this school is amazing, it wasn't until i entered this school in the academy of LASGS (Los Angeles School of Global Studies) aka new tech school did i realized my passion to write, read and help out my community, not only do i like the school but the way they go about teaching is amazing, most to all the teachers are all willing to help you, and if you have a problem or suggestions they would actually take it into consideration, and above all the classrooms are not packed in with 50 more student which i say makes it much easier to learn and for the students and teachers to have a much closer relationship :]

Posted October 29, 2009
The school is very calm and everyone is friendly to most people if not all.

Posted July 15, 2009
i have nothing but good things to say about this school, im happy that my son attends MC

Posted June 07, 2009
I have to thank this school for making me the hardworking, confident student I am today. I was in the ALC (Academic Leadership Community) academy, which prepared me for my college education. The teachers are, in my opinion, the best of the best; they're caring and extremely helpful. I'm so grateful for the education that I received here. I've just completed my first year of college, and I know that I couldn't have done it without all the skills that I acquired from MC. I even had one of my professors ask me if I went to some 'crazy magnet high school', she was surprised when I told her no! Overall, this is a great school. period.

Posted April 07, 2009
I beleive that the academy of Social Justice had open my mind to minorities and the unjustice issues of this world. It had changed me dramastically by not using any racial slurs and I love all of the teachers. They are very liberal and understanding. This is talking from a 4.0 GPA student. We have an enviromental Urban Empowerment and is well known throughout the community.

Posted April 07, 2009
I love the academy of Social Justice. In my point of view the teachers are very supportive and they show that they really care. They'll help you out with anything and I have a say in this because my biology teacher started a garden for and its had been very successful. This school is very liberal and we put down discrmination. Our academy gets active around the community and we have link to many organization. For example, Roots & Shoots who had funded our eniviromental club and had been a huge help with our projects. Also Generation Earth who is also helping us planting trees in our campus.

Posted March 27, 2009
As a student in Miguel Contreras Learning Complex from the academy of B&T, i think it is the best school throught all The Downtown Neighborhood. Many people say it lacks parent involment, that we dont have extracurricular activities and that we dont have enough faculty and principal involvement. well let me answer that, yes we do! You wouldnt know unless you attend the school urself! All the teachers are very supportive, they do anything they can to make us succeed. Our campus is the cleanest, there are no writing on walls, or anything disorganized. Our afterschool sports are great, and our classes are fun and exciting. So far, weve been chosen by even famous people for them to attend our school such as, Derek Fisher(Lakers NBA player), our own president (Barack Obama), Governor(Arnold Swarchnegger, (mayor) Antonio Villaraigosa. They could be anywhere in LA but chose MCLC! now ask yourself why?

Posted March 01, 2009
This school is horrible. Transferring in from out of state and a good school was the Biggest mistake my parents ever did. The social justice vice principle and counselor are both apathetic when it comes to helping the students. Some of the teachers let the younger students act up and disrespect the whole class, and being a student you find that there a lot of defacing of school propety; student in all of my classes etch on the tables, chairs, and walls. If any parent want to send their students here please think twice, or try a magnet.

322 Lucas Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90017
Last modified Miguel Contreras Learning Complex School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Miguel Contreras Learning Complex School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top