Posted January 07, 2009

Posted December 13, 2008
This school can't compare to the nearby schools. Honestly. if it wasn't for this school, I would be a drop-out right now. But thanks to all the help I receive from the teachers, counselor, principal and parents I am now considering college, somethimg I would'nt have done if I woul've stayed in Belmont. When I say I receive help from these people, I don't mean I just see them often, I feel like if they are my family and would help me in everything, they will saty hours afterschool talking to me about college or helping me with applications or just a friendly conversation about the weekend. Because of the activities that involve the community, I have met great people and have been offered a great intership over the summer. I love LASGS.

Contreras Learning Center-Los Angeles School Of Global Studies 0

Posted September 05, 2008
This school is great, u guys should go there. Teachers are really attentive tours students if u need help with something they r available at all time and the last thing is that they really care about ur education. Believe me I'been in this school for 3 years and I really don't feal like leaving. :)

Contreras Learning Center-Los Angeles School Of Global Studies 0

Posted June 23, 2008
PBL's are the best projects I ever had. Who ever says the opposite, is because they like schools where the teachers just make you read the text book plus they don't care about us the students.

Contreras Learning Center-Los Angeles School Of Global Studies 1

Posted May 29, 2008
This school is based on PBL (project based learning) which is just projects that are suppose to be related to the real world but they are not. Its just project after project and no time to really go into the topic/ assigment. School seems to have no interest in the student's education.

Posted April 02, 2008

Posted November 06, 2007

Posted June 29, 2007
LASGS is a brand new technological school and it's teaching methods is based on project based learning (PBL). This method gives the student classroom instruction coupled with projects that are worked on in teams. At the end of a seven week term, students present their projects to their class. This approach is phenomenal because it is similar to the way universities education function. In my opinion students are developing skills that are necessary for their success in college and also can be applied in the working world. I give it an A.

Contreras Learning Center-Los Angeles School Of Global Studies
322 Lucas Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90017
Last modified Contreras Learning Center-Los Angeles School Of Global Studies is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Contreras Learning Center-Los Angeles School Of Global Studies Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top