Public charter
Los Angeles, CA

Frederick Douglass Academy High 5

Posted March 09, 2009
There is not another school I could find in Los Angeles where the staff is so dedicated to the success of their students. My daughter has been with this staff goping on three years and I am confident this is a good match for us. The staff is young and innovative. The actually care about these children's success. I feel so blessed to1 have found this school for my daughter

Frederick Douglass Academy High 0

Posted May 27, 2008
Its all up to the child, If they want to learn teachers are there to teach and even if they dont,teachers still assist all students to achieve. The teachers are there to assist the student in all aspect. Teachers and Pricipal are very dedicated. My child knows that the teachers at FDHS care for his education.Its has been a tuff year at fdhs for my child but I have faith he will achieve at FDHS. Parents are involve in all aspects. All the teachers and students know parents. Its all up to the student if they want to learn, FDHS is a place for your child to grow and becoming a man or woman and to attend the top colleges.

Frederick Douglass Academy High 4

Posted October 26, 2007
This is my child first year at FDAHS. She is doing extremely well. It's my observation, that the teachers and administration are doing a great job teaching and developing a positive learning environment. It has been, and I'm sure it will continue to be, a great place for my child to develop academically.

Frederick Douglass Academy High 5

Posted September 28, 2007
- a staff

Frederick Douglass Academy High 1

Posted August 24, 2007

Frederick Douglass Academy High 0

Posted August 18, 2007
Although this was the school's first year in session, they are part of the ICEF which includes View Park Charter. I heard such great things about their school, that surely this school would replicate the same forumula for success . Unfortunately I was wrong and regret the decision to place my 9th grader here. The teachers were under qualified. However, to my dismay, the Administration was equally under qualify. The teachers had poor teaching stragtegies, They blamed the students and parents without being a bit introspective. Bottomline, unless your child is a genius and doesn't need anyone to teach him/her, this may not be a wise choice.

Frederick Douglass Academy High
3200 West Adams Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  90018
Last modified Frederick Douglass Academy High is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frederick Douglass Academy High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top