Public charter
Los Angeles, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 27, 2014
Great school in an interesting achitextural environment, filled with cool students and parents. It was an easy decision to send my son here. They have a great after school and organic lunch program as well. Please don't overlook this school. They might add more kindergarten or 1st grade classes so get in now while you still can! Go check it out for yourself...

Posted May 03, 2014
This school has been through alot of administrative changes in the last year. The students have not suffered at all. The teachers at this school are amazing and fully committed to project based learning and the needs of all of their students. Every type of learner is valued and the arts integrated curriculum engages students and creates a love of learning. I am so thankful that a public school like this exists. This is my son's 2nd year to attend this school.

Los Feliz Charter School For The Arts 4

Posted March 12, 2014
I have two children enrolled in LFCSA for a combined 6 years of attendance. We are absolutely thrilled with our experience thus far. It is true that changes in leadership have taken place, causing some bumps in the road from our perspective as parents. But they have been improvements in every way. We love the ability to change what's not working. LAUSD schools are not afforded this level of self control and flexibility. These bumps in the road have gone largely unnoticed by the children. It is also true that this school might not be the right choice for children with sensory issues. The collaborative approach, and large open spaces can present challenges to children with those sensitivities. The faculty, with few exceptions is beyond reproach. We have been floored by their abilities, dedication, focus, and attention. They are universally approachable, quick to respond, and do a wonderful job of working with the high achievers and slightly behind alike. My children are performing 2 & 4 years above their respective grade levels. Ultimately, the truest measure of the school is exhibited in the fact that my kids wake every day looking forward to going to class.

Los Feliz Charter School For The Arts 4

Posted September 30, 2013
Our two sons have been at this school since the 1st grade and are currently in the 5th grade. Though this schools has and continues to see many changes, it has nonetheless been a fun and inspiring learning environment for our kids. The integration of the arts into the curriculum is a great idea and though there are still many kinks to figure out the direction is an exciting one. That said my kids have had some really great teachers(too bad they haven't been able to keep them) that have made quite a spark in dance, music and theater. The lack of consistent leadership and a bad choice of space has not really impacted my kids as much as I would have thought, and though that is food for thought before picking a new charter such as this, we have been lucky with remarkable teachers and at the end of the day that is what has counted so far.

Los Feliz Charter School For The Arts 2

Posted September 04, 2013
We loved this school years ago and sadly it's gone down hill when the new principal quit after just one year. Now there's an interim principal who's left to navigate all the inherited decisions made by former principal. Next year who knows? There's been 4 over hauls in admin in 7 years. Too much admin and teacher turnover adds to already chaotic environment. Test scores worrisome. Handful of great teachers redeem but they deserve better. This school should be great, living up to potential but now it just seems like "emperors new clothes".

Posted July 07, 2013
My have one child who attended LFCSA from K-5th (graduated last month). And another who had attended from 2nd-6th. We went through all of the various locations, incarnations and upheavals. I was one of those relentlessly scrutinizing moms who wanted the best for my child. There were ups and downs to be sure. But yesterday my kids and I were talking about school and how it can sometimes be boring and my younger one proclaimed, "I was never bored at LFCSA, not ever" and my older one chimed in, "yeah, me neither." That is huge. Both of my kids were engaged in learning and enjoyed school. My older one was more than prepared for middle school and my younger one seems ready (we'll see in the fall). Anyway, I learned a while back that there is no utopian school but LFCSA provided what mattered most, engaging academics, committed teachers, art classes (dance, music, visual arts), an inspired and beautiful environment (never realized how important that was until my older child moved on to a drab, lifeless campus). Concerns- Leadership seems to be more conventional leaning and unapproachable, drama program needs improvement and kids lack supervision on the yard. Overall an amazing school.

Posted March 04, 2013
One of the most powerful gauges for how happy and successful my children are is how they feel about the people and the environment they are in for the great majority of their day. My children LOVE LFCSA! They are being exposed to a rich curriculum in an environment that celebrates arts integration, standards based learning, multi-modal approaches to delivering instruction and the development of consciousness and character. My children have the opportunity to be with educators who care about them and prioritize developing a relationship with them that is meaningful and lasting. As an educator myself, I marvel at the commitment of the staff, vision of the leadership, and accountability from all stakeholders given the many constraints that we are facing in education. I have children in multiple grade levels at LFCSA who are thriving and receiving an education that they would never receive in a traditional environment. I am a better parent and educator from my experience at LFCSA and I know that my children are receiving a foundation that will shape who they are for many years to come. Amazing environment and a team of educators committed to the success and well-being of each child.

Posted February 27, 2013
I have been with the school for six years now and my family and I love it. My son has thrived here and continues to grow and learn. I love the staff.They have bent over backwards to help me and my son. He has loved each and every one of his teachers. There was some drama when the old principal left but the new principal has picked up the reins and run with it. They have a new math curriculum, they are implementing new writing and reading programs and finally my kid has homework. His test scores have jumped. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about our school.

Posted February 25, 2013
Every time my family enters the school we feel we are part of an extremely special community. My first and second grader are happy to go to school each day, and are eager to learn. The arts integrated approach to learning at LFCSA has given both my children an appreciation for the vital role the arts play in our world. Our twice weekly field trips to Inner City Arts have been a fantastic addition to our curriculum this year. As a parent, it is fantastic to be a part of a school where you can actually bring forth ideas and have them supported and brought to fruition.

Posted December 11, 2012
My daughter started mid-year, and the experience has been wonderful. She has really responded to the hands-on, project based learning style, and the integration of the arts into the curriculum. She is excited by what is happening in school, which is certainly a change from years passed. The most impressive thing was how welcoming and friendly the other students are. She never felt left out, and felt welcomed and respected by her peers.

Los Feliz Charter School For The Arts
2709 East Media Center Drive, Los Angeles, CA  90065
Last modified Los Feliz Charter School For The Arts is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Los Feliz Charter School For The Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 189 reviews. Top