Public charter
Los Angeles, CA

Posted October 26, 2014
Before you enroll your child, be sure to ask about the Millennium Development Goals, especially how they teach child mortality in 3rd grade. Then think about whether you are willing to keep your 1st grader up until 10pm doing homework. The Administration flat out lies to parents and is unwilling to fix ongoing problems. They nearly destroyed my child's confidence. My child would become depressed and feel stupid because they were so punative. We have left the school are now undoing the damage done.

Celerity Troika Charter School 4

Posted July 30, 2014
My son will be entering his 3rd year (2nd grade) at Celerity's Highland Park campus. I am giving the school a rating of 4 because I believe there is room for improvement some areas. There is a lot more homework than other LAUSD schools. But we make sure homework is completed and turned in on time. We have explained to our son that Celerity is preparing him for higher learning. If we don't invest the time to sit with him and ensure that homework is being completed or do the required nightly reading, then it is we are failing him. Not the school. The school lacks play equipment. Although there are balls and jump ropes, kids (especially boys) need to burn off energy to maintain focus in the last half of the school day. When I do volunteer hours in the afternoon, many of the boys are restless, unable to sit still and become a distraction. Our son participates in sports outside of the school as an outlet, which has helped tremendously in keeping him focused. Lastly, the staff needs to intervene and be more proactive in curtailing problem behaviors. But parent involvement is key. Part of your child's success lies mostly on knowing you actually care enough to invest the time.

Posted May 29, 2014
I agree with the parents that have given this school 1star. It cares more about numbers and scores then a violent safe environment. No substitutes are provided nor a nurse has being hired. Talking to their administration about concerns or complaints is like talking to a wall. They fail on the students safety and communication! 5yrs and not much has changed since they opened.

Posted May 07, 2014
My son and daughter both attend Celerity and absolutely love the school and their teachers. Yes there is a lot of homework but my children don't know anything else so to them it's normal. As far as arts and sports, we supplement those ourselves after school and on the weekends.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 03, 2014
My children go to Celerity Troika Charter School, Highland Park campus. They have been there since Kindergarten and they are currently in 2nd grade. The academics are challenging but achievable. They are extremely confident in their abilities to do the assignments. There is a lot of homework but it is a good way to learn helpful study habits. The teachers communicate consistently with parents to ensure a cohesive school/home partnership. The school offers a physical education program that consists of weekly yoga and dance classes. The children are given Project Based Learning assignments, which help them to become socially aware, from things like Environmentalism to equality, and helping the less fortunate. The principal and administrators are helpful and pleasant. My children love going to school and I love the fact that they are growing into confident, socially aware people who understand that with dedication and effort they can achieve anything, whether it be honor roll this trimester or a college degree in the future.

Posted March 05, 2014
My son just started last August at Burbank campus so he is still in kindergarten. He has learned so much in about 7 months. He came home talking about how to take care of our earth -- save energy, water, recycling, etc. He talked about the importance of equality -- no one should be discriminated. The school is teaching students valuable concepts. I am very happy with our choice.

Posted January 21, 2014
100%LOVE THIS SCHOOL I wish all schools in CA would be like this great school. We will never find a school like this one, the teachers are the best of the best qualified and respectful professionals. The teachers are dedicated in guiding students to focus onto college. They are good advisors and provide children exceptional knowledge . Yes homework is long but it builds good study habits if you are looking into sending children into the real world of college. Other schools will only provide basic learning and only if your child is gifted will receive high quality learning. Celerity Troika provides children with equal high quality learning to all its students. The school does not underestimate children's minds it challenges them to follow their goals and dreams. My child loves Troika and has never missed school in five years she has made it her second home thanks to the safe environment the school provides. I definitely recommend this school!

Posted January 16, 2014
The motto of "Sharing the Responsibility for Educating Our Children...." is a complete fallacy. Celerity Troika assumes no responsibility for actually educating our children. The school environment is one that actually undermines education with a lot of pressure for students to perform--no matter what. This school needs to be reviewed and cited for it's unethical educational practices.

Posted December 13, 2013
This school needs to care about children again. Where is the creativity? Where is the reason building? Students don't need to be trained on the correct answer by drilling. They need to be taught how to come to a conclusion. Administration has proven time and time again they don't care. Have special needs, forget it. ADA needs to step in. I'm pulling me children, like so many others have since the beginning of this year.

Posted November 22, 2013
This school has high API scores because if your child does not succeed, they are strong armed out. Don't even think of sending your child here if they require any form of accommodations. There isn't any form of academic support here unless you are blessed with a bright child. Doesn't even deserve one star for this super selective school.

Celerity Troika Charter School
1495 Colorado Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  90041
Last modified Celerity Troika Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Celerity Troika Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top