Los Angeles, CA
Before care: Yes

Alta Loma Elementary School 2

Posted September 11, 2014
Unfortunately there is a lot of bullying in this school and the principals response to this is was minimal. First could not make appointment to talk with principal so i just showed up to office. Once there i tried explaining to principal bullying situation which she kept cutting me off. She did not let me talk. I did not sign up my son to come to school to be arguing with the other childs mom and constantly being at my sons school to ensure his safety. When a particular kid is bullying every child in his classroom and physically hurting them everyday including teacher, then something should be done not just let the situation progress. It has now progressed to this particular kid throwing chairs.

Alta Loma Elementary School 4

Posted August 24, 2010
I was a student here at alta loma....the teachers make learning fun, the foo is not that great any more, and the parents are very help full

Alta Loma Elementary School 0

Posted October 13, 2009
It is a wonderful school with great teachers that communicate with the parents. They make a big difference in the children education,they make you feel part of a family.

Alta Loma Elementary School 4

Posted October 12, 2009
So far as what I seen at the school and my daughters results the school has been doing a good job. My daughter is in 1st grade now and she's been doing excellent, she had a excellent Kindergarden teacher and now for 1st grade her new teacher has been doing a good job. My daughter does her work and has been getting good grades. Every 2nd saturday they have this Reading to Kids event at the school and I been taking her every month, and she loves it. My daughter is the one that tells me that she wants to attend Reading for kids as well as for school. Alot of parents depend only on the teachers for there children to learn but its also the parents job to help there kids learn and go over with the material the students are learning at school.

Alta Loma Elementary School 0

Posted October 12, 2009
Great school, Great teachers. My son is in 3rd grade and his been doing good thanks to the help of the teachers and volunteers. I attend the Parent counsil meeting and also Reading for kids workshops and they help the parents alot. The Principal Mrs. Deleston has been great on giving advice and even her personal experience on how to help our children to great in school.

Alta Loma Elementary School 1

Posted July 30, 2009

Posted April 06, 2009
I disagree with the parents of March 4, 2009 and October 9, 2003.I am a parent that had a child in this school since the year 2000 to 2007.As the years passed,I have seen the school improve because I enroll myself and volunteer.The children who fall behind are children that do not put intrest in learning.My daughter left the school with the presidential award. She is currently attending Stella Middle Charter Academy,top 3 ranked school in LAUSD, and is on the honor roll.My other daughter is currently attending Alta Loma and is having the same results.It is a great school.I do recommend this school to others.

Alta Loma Elementary School 1

Posted March 04, 2009
This school is not very helpful. I am very unhappy with the answers I recieved from my child's teacher every time I ask about how she is doing in class. Its hard to get an appointment with the principal yet alone with the teacher. There grading system is not very good either. This is the last year my child will be attending this school.I strongly do not recommend this school unless you would like your child to fall behind. Its better to home school them than this school.

Posted July 02, 2008

Posted June 30, 2008

Alta Loma Elementary School
1745 Vineyard Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90019
Last modified Alta Loma Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alta Loma Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top