Annandale Elementary School 3

Posted May 29, 2014
The former principal, Mr. Nava, did such a great job. However, the new one is just not getting the job done. My son is going somewhere else for 6th grade.

Posted April 07, 2011
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our principal is a wonderful person, my children always say "mom, Mr. Nava is so nice! They love to come to school. I pick them up at 5:00 p.m. from L.A. BEST program and they still don't want to go home! The teachers are EXCELLENT ! All the teachers are challenging the students to do better, children are happy and respectful to others. thanks to everyone who works at annandale elementary school for making this school such a GREAT SCHOOL!

Posted October 13, 2010
The leadership have worked wonders, not only did our API go up 55 points. Our API is now over 800 & parent involement has increased 10 fold. School spirit is amazing & the school is loved by all.

Posted March 15, 2010

Posted March 13, 2010
Annandale Elemntary is like a second home for the kids they have alot of fun and my kids always want to go to school

Posted February 09, 2010
There is a new principle to the school in which is a breath of fresh air. Mr. Nava is bringing in new ideas to motive both parents and students. The school has great teachers and staff.

Posted December 09, 2009

Posted October 20, 2009
The prinicpal at Annandale believes in acknowledging children for their hard work and effort they put into learning. A little praise and acknowledgment goes a long way and make kids want to go to school and try their best in all they do.

Posted July 10, 2009
I have to say that the parent who expressed his/her view of Annandale as a 'non-parent friendly' place is sadly mistaken. I have been a participant of the PTA at Annandale for over 3 years now and have been involved, first hand, in trying to get more parents to get involved. I have done all but spoon feed parents with motivation for getting their voices and thoughts heard. Maybe next school year you'll make your voice heard and ask how to get involved instead of waiting to be approached.

Annandale Elementary School 4

Posted October 23, 2008
Annandale is a quaint school with a hard-working and dedicated teaching staff. Both of my children attend Annandale, and I am quite pleased with the education they are receiving. My one complaint is that the previous and current principals have done next to nothing to involve the parents. Previously, parents were not even allowed to be on the schoolyard before the first bell! The school also has no semblance of a Parent Teachers Association. Many parents, including myself, feel that the administration has alienated the parents due to our working-class backgrounds. Some of us believe that we have the wherewithall to make Annandale competitive with nearby elementary schools. Schools such as Dahlia Heights and Rockdale have innovative principals who have an articulated vision for their schools. Unfortunately, this situation is beyond our reach as Annandale parents until the school principal takes a more proactive approach in making us feel more welcome.

Annandale Elementary School
6125 Poppy Peak Drive, Los Angeles, CA  90042
Last modified Annandale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Annandale Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.