Los Angeles, CA
Before care: Yes

Aragon Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted August 30, 2010
As a parent, I find it hard to believe that any parent would be surprised with the results of their child. I have two children who attend this school and I believe they are getting a better education then the private school they previously attended. The teachers are hardworking and dedicated. The new principal is strong and motivating. Teachers spend countless hours working with their students and its usually during their own time (recess, lunch, after school). Year after year they have shown improvement on standardized test. All parents should be actively involved in their child's education and should be aware that Aragon Ave. has qualified effective teachers. Your child will receive an excellent education as long as parents and the students work as hard as the teachers do. Thank you to everyone who has made a difference in the lives of my children.

Aragon Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted April 21, 2010

Posted December 29, 2009

Posted November 30, 2009

Aragon Avenue Elementary School 0

Posted June 23, 2009
Most of the teachers at this school are truly excellent. The rest are getting there. This means your child will get a very good education. If I had kids of my own, I would have no problems sending them there. As to the gang violence, that's a wider social and economic problem, and it has nothing to do with the school's dedication. Parent involvement could always improve; it's interesting to hear a parent complain that 'it came out that my child was behind...', etc. Parents actively involved in their child's education don't suddenly 'discover' their child is behind: either the child does well, or the parent is well aware that more work needs to be done.

Aragon Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted November 03, 2008

Aragon Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted June 25, 2008
I am very disappointed in the school, I transferred my child out because of all the gang violence that was going on, literally in front of the school, and when my child started the new school, it came out that my child was behind in all subjects. This was never told to me during parent conference, it was always your child is doing great. Not a safe area to have your kids at all!

Aragon Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted May 15, 2006

Posted November 13, 2004
This is a great motivated to learn school enviroment. The staff, teachers, parents and most of all the students are very involved and inspired to learn and study.

Posted October 10, 2004
I have much love for aragon ave elem. My 5 year old daughter began kindergarten on july 1, 2004 and she loves her school. During her free time at home she often acts out her class schedule and routine and she plays the role of the teacher. My 3 siblings and i also attended aragon during our elementary years. The school staff and community is very involved with the parents, teachers and students. I think these teachers are doing a good job teaching these students. Thank you. Sincerly a very pleased parent.

Aragon Avenue Elementary School
1118 Aragon Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90065
Last modified Aragon Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aragon Avenue Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top