Bad
Good

Ascot Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted November 12, 2013
im a parent and in these last two years the schools test scores have lowered dramatically and i blame it on the inexperienced new principle that started 2 years ago. the parent center is also a disaster, but on the good side there is still some good teachers left like Ms. Diaz and a couple more.

Posted March 19, 2011
I graduated from Ascot in 1999. I am now 23 years old, a high school teacher, professional photographer and fashion designer. It is because of the great education at Ascot that I was able to accomplish my dreams and beyond. I remember Ms. Roberts and Mr. Astenius as my 4th and 5th grade teachers, respectively. What I learned in those two grades I still utilize in my life today. I am proud to say I went to an inner city school and became a success. My life is only beginning. (I attended Carver Middle School and Jefferson High School after Ascot)

Posted November 30, 2010
i graduated from ascot elementary school in 1999, with the Carol Heard Award. I owe much of my success to the wonderful teachers I had in those crucial years, such as Mrs. Gregory, Mr. Tellez, Ms. Sicola, Mrs. Parker, and Mr. Carr, just to name a few. Other teachers such as Mrs Roberts and Mr. Little, were teachers that I never had but still were great role models for all students, Mr. Romero (Track B) inspired me to become a muralist when he painted the two murals one sees on the side of Vernon Ave. I am currently a 5th Year Undergraduate student at UC San Diego and will be graduating this June with a Bachelor's Degree in Ethnic Studies. I hope to continue my education by pursuing a Master's Degree and a PhD. The community approach to education of Ascot Elementary has shaped who I am today and how I view education. Thank you, Ascot Avenue Elementary School. <3

Posted June 06, 2008
I WENT TO ASCOT AVE. ELEMENTARY. THIS IS A REALLY GOOD SCHOOL. NOW IM IN THE 9TH GRADE AND I CAN TELL TO ALL PARENTS. THAT ASCOT AVE. HAS THE GREATEST TEACHERS. IN 5TH I DIDN'T KNOW BUT WE WERE LEARNING ALGEBRA. AND THATS WHAT IM LEARNING RIGHT NOW. THE TEACHERS I HAD WERE LOVELY THEY HELP ME AND SHOWED ADVANCE THINGS. YEAH THEY CAN BE STRICT BUT THATS WHAT HIGH SCHOOL IS ABOUT DISAPLINE. I WENT TO 2 ELEMTARY SCHOOLS AND DIFINATLY ASCOT WAS THE BEST. THE OTHER SCHOOL HADN'T LEARN WHAT I HAD UNTIL 7TH GRADE. I'M REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO GO BACK AND VISIT THE BEST ELEMTARY SCHOOL EVER. PARENTS YOU SHOULD BE PUTTING THIS SCHOOL DOWN. I WAS A STUDENT THERE I KNOW THEIR CURRICULUM AND ITS GOOD. THEY ARE PREPARING YOUR KIDS TO MIDDLE SCHOOL AND HIGH SCHOOL. BE HAPPY FOR YOUR KIDS. ~ JESSICA GONZALEZ

Ascot Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted January 08, 2005
Ascot's educational program is better than some private schools. The work students are expected to produce is definitely high caliber. Recently Ascot became an Arts prototype school, giving students in various classes the opportunity to receive instruction in the arts by well-trained professionals. Ascot also enlists the aid of caoches in the discplines areas of writing, reading and math.

Ascot Avenue Elementary School
1447 East 45th Street, Los Angeles, CA  90011-3813
Last modified Ascot Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.