Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted November 18, 2015
My daughter is in Kinder and she is sent home with packets due that Friday. It's perfect!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
Mr. Rios our new principle, is always getting the children involved and news letters are sent out about respect and honesty

Atwater Avenue Elementary School 5

Posted November 18, 2015
My daughter started Kinder this year and in the 3 months of being in school she's learned so much. Mrs. Sagura is on top of her game! Might I add that it's nice to see so many smiles in the morning and after school pick up, the parents are so nice!

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 18, 2015
A huge thank you to Ms. Emily! Shes the La's Best staff member for the younger children. It feels good to know my child is safe and having fun while I'm at work! Thank goodness for after school programs with staff like her!

Posted August 29, 2014
I wouldn't even know where to start. There are so many problems with this school. Lack of resources, lack of a good principal, moody teachers, and yes, that very abrasive British woman.

Posted August 24, 2014
WOW! Seems like same old problems there. My son graduated a couple years back and I was thinking about my daughter going, but the same problems are allowed to continue with the bossy British woman who thinks she runs the school. It was there then and I can't believe it is still happening now. This causes so much tension which now seems to be effecting all aspects of the school. (Maybe that's why all the principals left!) Time to look elsewhere!

Atwater Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted August 06, 2014
As a previous poster mentioned there are problems within the parent group leadership. Thats an easy problem to fix though so it doesnt make it a bad school. This school has tried hard and until this past year it was doing pretty well. Hopefully we will be able to fix or remove the problems this year, and go back to being the great school we used to be. I'd encourage people to take a chance on this school. We have the potential to be great, even if we are having some problems now. Its a good little neighborhood school.

Atwater Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted August 06, 2014
. I don't know much about the parents groups, I only know what I had heard on the grapevine. My experiences at the school has been okay. My kids like there teechers. I went there to, class of '80!

Posted August 06, 2014
I'd love to give this a good review because I have lived in this neighborhood my whole life and my husband and me both went to this school. So much has changed. The parent group leader does turn people off, but who cares? An adult should be able to ignore someone with a difficult personality. The real problem has more to do with principals coming and going, and a uncaring staff. My child graduated this year so it wasn't a problem for us for too long, and I hope it improves by the time my grandbaby can start school. I'd love to be able to return.

Atwater Avenue Elementary School 5

Posted August 06, 2014
I can't imagine where all this is coming from. The booster club leader does EVERYTHING at that school. She has a few other moms who help out a little, but she is down there doing most of it. She is the most dedicated volunteer I have ever seen. She really does run the school, and they are all lucky to have her doing it! She led the movement to free us from the ineffectual new principal we had been saddled with, and she worked hard to choose the new one we will be getting soon. If more of the people complaining actually go down there to volunteer themselves, they will see exactly what this woman has done to protect our students, and how selflessly she gives of her time. You will see that she is there everyday, leading the other volunteers by example. We are a great school, with a great staff, and a rock star of a parent group leader! Come for a visit, and see for yourself.

3271 Silver Lake Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  90039-2253
Last modified Atwater Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.