Avalon Gardens Elementary School 3

Posted December 04, 2011
I was a student here, a long time ago. I am now in a better position in life and want to give back to the place that helped forge me into the person I am today. Avalon Gardens played a large role in who I am today. I call the school, talk to the principle who seems like she is not a very friendly person, about donating, and finding out how I can help give back to the school. This woman tells me that her priority is to get electronic "chalk" boards in the classrooms. I looked these boards up online, they are starting at $8,000. I mean, aren't there more pressing materials kids need, other than another screen to look at. I was fortunate to make it to adulthood living in south central, unlike my classmate Khye Johnson and the countless others we lost, and I will give back in my own way. HOWEVER, I CAN TELL THE PRINCIPLE HAS NO IDEA WHAT IT'S LIKE TO LIVE AMONGST THE PEOPLE. We gotta break this vicious cycle of allowing people who can't relate to us, to teach our children. Electronic chalk boards, give me a break. No wonder the scores are where they are. My name is Charell Williams.

Posted July 07, 2010
My rating is for my daughter's 3rd grade teacher. He deserves more than 5 stars but that's the most greatschools will allow. He is just wonderful, My daughter learned so much more than just math and reading in his class. She learned about responsibility. Avalon Gardens has wonderful teachers who care about their students. My daughter has had wonderful teachers since kindergarten and I'm looking forward to 4th grade. Keep up the wonderful work teachers. You're truly appreciated.

Posted May 03, 2010
this school is a good school for my child to go to

Posted March 06, 2010
Avalon Gardens.....Hmmm.......What Can I say....Every school has its problems and this one definitely has its shares. The school could benefit from some extracurricular activities and some more creative art to make it look more appealing to all. I also think the school could benefit from some classroom management courses from the principal down, it may make the school operate a little better for all involved. I must say that the most pleasant thing at the school is my sons Kindergarten Teacher. She is quite knowledgeable and caring. She has made leaps and bounds with my son and his friends. I think she would be able to do more if she was offered more assistance and some of her kids were split up, but that, I guess is totally out of her hands......I hope the school continues to make improvements for the sake of all its students, parents, and staff!

Posted June 17, 2008
I actually loved this school, my child attended there for kindergarden and the principal does care for her students alot I've seen the way she tries to work with the student,,,Obviously every child needs help in different ways. The teachers are also doing a good job at what they do ,but I also believe that the parents aren't paticipating much in anything,,and they need to..So the school is just fine my other children will be attending that school as well.

Posted February 28, 2008
I am assigned to Avalon Gardens as support staff. My job requires me to work with the administrators, teachers and students. My experience has been that the Principal is dedicated, passionate and informed. The teachers are hard working and creative in keeping students interested in all subjects taught. This one of the bet staffs I have worked along side in 15 years! They truely enjoy teaching and strive to perfect their craft, plus they havea great attitude and work together for the greater good of the school. The students are some of the sweetest kids I've worked with regardless of their socio economic status. The parent involvement could be a lot better and I believe that is what affects this schools test scores more so than the caliber of the teaching staff. Parents are not as involved with their child's school work as they should be.

Avalon Gardens Elementary School 3

Posted November 01, 2007

Posted October 18, 2007

Posted October 17, 2007
My theater company, Parson's Nose Family Theater, just played 'Piper' at your school. We were so impressed by the spirit, courtesy, level of response and quality of questions in our discussion period after the show. You have a great school. Thank you.

Avalon Gardens Elementary School 1

Posted August 28, 2007
Avalon Gardens seems to be one of few worst schools within the district. The current principle is inattentive and seems to not be in touch with the population served within this community. The District has been alarmed but no action taken. The academics scores are dropping and more children are becomming less intrested in school. I have taken the time to remov my child from this school. For parents that are concerned a special permit can be requested from the district.

Avalon Gardens Elementary School
13940 South San Pedro Street, Los Angeles, CA  90061
Last modified Avalon Gardens Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Avalon Gardens Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.