Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted December 15, 2015
Ms. Curley, she is a new 4th grade teacher. My daughter loves her and so do i!. She compassionate, patient and very professional.

Baldwin Hills Elementary School 2

Posted December 15, 2015
Issue #1- I picked up my daughter yesterday and had to hear some disturbing news. She said mom, Mr. Lopez had to call the police today. I said, well why what happen? She tells me, 2 la best (after school instructors) were fist fighting in front of the students! What kind of people are getting hired here? What kind of man gets into a fist fight with another woman? What if a child was hurt, not just mine but someone elses? This is so sad... Issue #2- Someone please tell me why the hell the kids are outside playing in the dark in the cold air after 5pm? I pick up my daughter in the evening between 5-5:30, its already dark by then and the playground is not well lit. Its cold outside and when i picked my daughter up the week before Thanksgiving she was coughing and sneezing like crazy! I had to keep her home 2 days cause she got sick. This is just common sense!!!! Then the school wants to wonder why the hell your child is absent, well how about you stay after school a few hours and see how your after school instructors are performing! I'm so glad we are relocating for work purposes in January...

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 11, 2015
Thank you Mrs. Makin, for all that you do for your students. Teaching them proper behavior and accountability is deeply valued and you do that....thank you .

Posted December 11, 2015
My child is new to this school and so far its been really good. I have not heard my child speak about bullying at this school. The second grade teachers like Mrs. Makin are excellent. My child is doing extremely well in the academics and is being challenged. The principal makes a conscious effort to say good bye at the end of most every day to each child by first name and that's a great practice. It is away of acknowledging your child personally and parent. I know some level of bullying behavior may exist in all schools. I believe there is no perfect school, teacher, principal and child. There are however, great teachers and principals/ leaders who need the proper support of parents. There are parents who are not willing to teach there children ownership and that is crucial in life, rather they teach their child to deflect because it makes the parent appear as if they are not doing their job as a parent. Bullying is NEVER acceptable and if it occurs and you do not get the proper support from your principal and staff then by all means its best to move on. Filling reports and contacting the school district is necessary in extreme cases but it is so important to teach your child to be an ADVOCATE for themselves and speak up! I will say there have been a few parents I have noticed in the morning drop off time whose behavior and verbal obscenities / profanity make me question who their child are. Our kids often time represent what's going on at home. Unfortunately its everywhere in life and we have to teach are children to navigate away and around these types of kids.

Posted October 14, 2015
My son had attended this school last year he was bullied by many students, but the principal kept on saying it was my son, the principal she is very rude, my son was in 4 th grade and his teacher was very mean to him, one time I went to meet her she was rude and loud now my son is attending Marvin Elementary best thing that could happen for him, his is doing well and no fight at school he loves his principal and his teacher anyone who read this do not send your child to Baldwin my son was traumatized by that school. And now his is doing better and he did not learn anything at Baldwin because the math they doing at Marvin he does not understand, but his teacher stay with him everyday after school to help him. Thank God for Marvin Magnet Elwmentarym

Posted June 12, 2014
Baldwin Hills Elementary/Magnet is a fabulous school because we have caring, knowledgeable teachers who strive to motivate students to learn. The students are our #1 focus.

Posted April 03, 2014
My daughter was bullied and the staff wouldn't help. She is biracial and the students doing the taunting are mainly afro-american and hispanic. She has long hair and they pull it have put gum in it. No one was punished! I have since removed my child from this school. Don't waste your time enrolling. The kids that go there are not the best students, test scores are low and parents seem to not care if their children are bullies.

Posted December 12, 2013
This could be a great school, but,,,it's not. I have two kids attending there and the general experience is bad. Of course there are some excellent teachers, but if you have not luck, your child can be in troubles. Some teachers seems not to have enough preparation to motivate the kids. Instead they are running a system of constant punishments. If somebody talk when they are aligning, that's enough to he/she be put in bench. The new principal is a little more open than her predecessor. But still the kids are not learning more than to be fearful of the authorities. Maybe the kids are getting just the teachers feelings. Meanwhile, and because I have not intentions to send my kids to a military academy, I'm gonna keep trying to move the kids out from here...God Bless You!

Posted August 11, 2013
I personally like this school. They are very organized. My son has learn so fast. They get a lot of homework. The teacher is loving she communicates well. And by the way we have a new principal.. she is very friendly and takes her time with you.

Posted August 06, 2013
This school was total He__ for my child, there was constant bullying by students and when I went to the principle she never had time to set up a parent conference, I had to finally go to the District office to get a response, and the problem was still unresolved. My child never had a consistant teacher the full school year from 1 - 5th grade teachers were leaving or being replaced. The teachers and principle have very bad attitudes. This was the worse experience for my child and myself, it has made me turn to home schooling from this point on. ALSO, My car was vandalize on two occasions parking in the school parking lot, just picking up my child from afterschool program which also stinks. My child was constantly picked on and injured once and I had to demand an incident report be filed. None of the so called workers were watching the kids, the children ran up to me and told me what happened ???? This is the environment we have our children in here. BEWARE, IT MAY LOOK GOOD BUT IT'S FAKE GOLD.

5421 Rodeo Road, Los Angeles, CA  90016-5122
Last modified Baldwin Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Baldwin Hills Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 67 reviews. Top