Los Angeles, CA
Before care: Yes

Baldwin Hills Elementary School 5

Posted June 12, 2014
Baldwin Hills Elementary/Magnet is a fabulous school because we have caring, knowledgeable teachers who strive to motivate students to learn. The students are our #1 focus.

Posted April 03, 2014
My daughter was bullied and the staff wouldn't help. She is biracial and the students doing the taunting are mainly afro-american and hispanic. She has long hair and they pull it have put gum in it. No one was punished! I have since removed my child from this school. Don't waste your time enrolling. The kids that go there are not the best students, test scores are low and parents seem to not care if their children are bullies.

Posted December 12, 2013
This could be a great school, but,,,it's not. I have two kids attending there and the general experience is bad. Of course there are some excellent teachers, but if you have not luck, your child can be in troubles. Some teachers seems not to have enough preparation to motivate the kids. Instead they are running a system of constant punishments. If somebody talk when they are aligning, that's enough to he/she be put in bench. The new principal is a little more open than her predecessor. But still the kids are not learning more than to be fearful of the authorities. Maybe the kids are getting just the teachers feelings. Meanwhile, and because I have not intentions to send my kids to a military academy, I'm gonna keep trying to move the kids out from here...God Bless You!

Posted August 06, 2013
This school was total He__ for my child, there was constant bullying by students and when I went to the principle she never had time to set up a parent conference, I had to finally go to the District office to get a response, and the problem was still unresolved. My child never had a consistant teacher the full school year from 1 - 5th grade teachers were leaving or being replaced. The teachers and principle have very bad attitudes. This was the worse experience for my child and myself, it has made me turn to home schooling from this point on. ALSO, My car was vandalize on two occasions parking in the school parking lot, just picking up my child from afterschool program which also stinks. My child was constantly picked on and injured once and I had to demand an incident report be filed. None of the so called workers were watching the kids, the children ran up to me and told me what happened ???? This is the environment we have our children in here. BEWARE, IT MAY LOOK GOOD BUT IT'S FAKE GOLD.

Baldwin Hills Elementary School 3

Posted April 19, 2013
My child is in fourth grade. There is one computer in the classroom, the teacher's. There's been one field trip this year, to LACMA. Parent participation is not welcomed by the administration. The principal is cold, rude, and unapproachable.

Baldwin Hills Elementary School 2

Posted April 11, 2013
My family is new to this school. At first, I was very pleased with it because of what I saw in the beginning. Don't get me wrong, the teachers are highly qualified and presents a challenging and fun curriculum to all students (my daughter is in room 29 and she and I both LOVE it), but the administration is hard to connect with. The principal is readily available to meet and unfortunately I have witnessed the act of communication with some teachers on very different occasions and it was very unprofessional to say the least. I can't even begin to imagine what it must feel like to work here; the office personnel that sits in the very back behind the counter is "hot or cold"-needs a big dose of "happy" to be warm and inviting, while the other lady that sits in the front ALWAYS have a smile on her face; parent involvement IS low (there's a wonderful parent center being underutilized) maybe because the feeling is we're not welcomed...I want to be involved in my child's school, but I also want to feel supported just like other parents I have spoken with. Baldwin may have the high API for academics, but it scores in the range of program improvement when it comes to relations.

Baldwin Hills Elementary School 5

Posted February 20, 2013
Wonderful school! My daughter is a kindergarten student with Mrs. Herrera. She has so many activities and work to stimulate young minds. She is an excellent teacher! My experience with the staff is always positive. Ms. Watts and Ms. Murdock work so hard and always have a smile with the children. I hope my son will also be a student of Mrs. Herrera when he starts kindergarten. Keep up the good work Baldwin Hills Elementary!!!

Baldwin Hills Elementary School 4

Posted October 12, 2012
API 870! Go Baldwin! Thanks to the dedicated teachers at Baldwin Hills Elementary. I appreciate the teacher's hard work and concern for the students. No school is perfect. This school needs more parent involvement, but overall the staff is working really hard to provide our children with a quailty education.

Baldwin Hills Elementary School 3

Posted February 29, 2012
My child has been going to Baldwin for two years now and I am on the verge of pulling my child out during the middle of the school year due to a principal who seems too busy to speak with parents regarding concerns. Though the curiculum is good, the principal is ALWAYS too busy to deal with important parent concerns (which is her job). She needs to go immediately!!!

Posted December 30, 2011
Undiverse with teachers who dont assign any homework. My child was discriminated against by other children.

Baldwin Hills Elementary School
5421 Rodeo Road, Los Angeles, CA  90016
Last modified Baldwin Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Baldwin Hills Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top