Posted July 02, 2014
This is a great school. Each two to three weeks there are meetings with principal. We got to ask questions and go into classes to see how kids work with their teacher. The teachers are great. My kid actually had fun while going to school. One of the best teachers there are Mr. Stiles, Mr. Hauser, Ms. Lawrence, Mr. Sutton, Mr. Gonzalez, Mr. Sussan, and Mr. Adrian. Yes there are some things you might not like about school, but doesn't every school has its flaws. By the way my kid just graduated from this school.

Posted May 24, 2014
Bancroft middle school is a great school . I graduated Bancroft as class of 2011 and never have I had problems here (only when I got MYSELF into them). Teachers were really respectful and ready to teach all the time. Almost all the reviews on this school and teachers are negative, but this is coming from a former student who experienced this school. Teachers were good, great. Every class I had, I passed with a B or better, I was an honor roll student, 3.4 gpa and it was all because of the teachers and their encouragement. I recommend this school. I feel proud of the students there because I know they're being taught as well as I was.

Posted October 11, 2013
It smells like trash there is alot of trash in the school. I reccomed this school to shut down my kid went here and everyday he would cry coming home from school .

Posted August 29, 2013
Ms Rico has always been very responsive to my concerns/requests. She has personally responded to my emails and has even called me at home. She cares about the students immensely. Susan Webber is another fantastic administrator who really cares about all the students of Bancroft. This school agrees to teach every kid that walks in the door, unlike many/most charters that pressure kids with disabilities or low test scores to leave their schools. I have been very impressed with the caliber of many of my child's teachers at this school.

Posted June 13, 2013
THIS SCHOOL IS GREAT,,, MY DAUGHTER GRADUATED FROM THIS SCHOOL AND SHE WAS VERY HAPPY THERE, NOW MY SON WILL GRADUATE NEXT YEAR AND HE ENJOYS GOING TO SCHOOL, BECAUSE HE KNOWS HE HAS GREAT TEACHERS WHO ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT A STUDENT.

Posted June 07, 2013
Don't send your kids to this school!!! The staff is very unprofessional, the principal is always hiding from parents . it's a very bad school overall. It doesn't even deserve a star.

Hubert Howe Bancroft Middle School 3

Posted February 13, 2013
I was disappointed the way this principal treats her staff/teachers. I was planning to transfer my kid to this school as referred by my friend whose kids graduated here 4 or 5 yrs ago. My friend told me that the teachers in this school go beyond their job to help her kid developed & improved character. So I decided to inquire unfortunately, while I was in the school office no one is in the reception area .But I could see through a window and heard a high pitch voice coming from the principal's office that she's scolding a staff or teacher or whatever. The way she talked sounds unprofessional & as if no respect to the co- workers. I am a professional parent, how can I transfer my kid in this school if this kind of principal talks that way to her collegues, what more to the students? Not a good example.

Hubert Howe Bancroft Middle School 3

Posted October 12, 2012
hello my name is elliott alper i began going to this school in 1968 and lasted until 1969 and then to emerson junior high in 1970 and graduated in 1971, bancroft was too small for its p.e. field and the kids were not friendly emerson had good students and i was a friend to a lot of them. im sure that bancroft has changed thruout the years but i would not send my kid there at all, emerson is a great school. i graduated in 1971 and now its 2012 and im happy to fulfill my working years and thats all, bancroft is one star on my list.

Hubert Howe Bancroft Middle School 4

Posted July 31, 2012
Well i think this is a great school so whatever people say wont stop me!!! if it werent a great school then why be in this page!!! so watever

Posted July 01, 2012
I am very disappointed. Teachers tell you at Open House that they don't want too much parent involvement. My son scored high on the STARS state exam and was placed in AP classes. He had to miss some days due to illness and they were quick to send out truancy letters. He was not performing well in class and I asked him why. He said that the English teacher scolded him for asking a question. After that, he was afraid to ask for help. When my husband went to the school, the teacher seemed shocked and admonished him that he was to use school loop. Both my husband & I are computer literate. I find it to be neither user friendly nor useful but the teachers hide behind it. My son failed 2 of his classes even after teachers promised that if he turned in all assignments and did extra credit work, he would pass. I made sure he did all hw & made 3 20-mile round trips in search of grunion for extra credit to no avail. Based on his grades, I doubt that he learned a thing. The teachers are cowards & liars. Did not want to talk to us face to face & waited until school was out to send out his report card so that it would be too late for us to speak to anyone.

Hubert Howe Bancroft Middle School
929 North Las Palmas Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90038
Last modified Hubert Howe Bancroft Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hubert Howe Bancroft Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top