Los Angeles, CA
Students enrolled: 1,071

Posted September 12, 2014
Great school and staff!! People there really care about the students and want them to succeed

Posted August 29, 2013
I truly like Charles W. Barrett Elementary School. My daughter is in 1st grade and likes attending school. She is eager to learn new things each day. My daughter has been blessed to have great teachers that see her full potential and challenge her to her ability. School has great programs as well. **We as parents must help teachers educate our children to a better future.**

Charles W. Barrett Elementary School 3

Posted June 07, 2011
The bullying is out of control and staff will push it under the rug for sake of their job or the fact the principal don't want to hear it, my children have endured so much that I'm pulling them out, you have teachers that half teach and they don't even check the homework for accuracy they just credit that it was brought in !!!! half the staff are parents so the reg parents are out numbered !!! my children are going Charter!!!!

Charles W. Barrett Elementary School 0

Posted July 12, 2009
My son has been going there for two yeaers now and and I find the teachers are great but the area is bad. I am taking my son out this year because of this. Other than that it is a preety good school overall, but a few bad seeds can always spoil the bunch.

Charles W. Barrett Elementary School 1

Posted June 02, 2009

Charles W. Barrett Elementary School 3

Posted November 25, 2008
Safety is joke. Bullying is tolerated and students are not punished for their behavior. All they do is promise to do better and nothing happens.

Charles W. Barrett Elementary School 0

Posted September 18, 2008
I love this school is ne of the best schools in L.A. Unified School District. Keep up the good work. Proud Mother of a honor roll student for 3yrs.

Charles W. Barrett Elementary School 4

Posted February 27, 2008

Posted September 21, 2006
Charles W. Barrett is one of those exceptional schools that meet your expectations along with being a traditional single track. school. the academic program/curriculum is excellent.a lot of children's excel higher in their learning than is what is expected.some schools just tell you enough to meet basic, but C.W.B. teaches them that they can reach their expectation and even higher, My son's school have a Drill Team and Drum Squad that competes in competitions and Parades and they have a lot fun doing it! we have a lot of participation from our parents from school beautification to our monthly parent mtgs.they offer tutoring, after-school program and I just love their high achievers class where a child can learn to their full potential without holding back the rest of the class, or the teacher holding that child back because the other children may not be at that level of learning.

Posted February 06, 2006
Great school great principal. They are wonderful and caring.

Charles W. Barrett Elementary School
419 West 98th Street, Los Angeles, CA  90003
Last modified Charles W. Barrett Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charles W. Barrett Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top