Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Beethoven is a small neighborhood LAUSD school with fantastic teaching staff, caring and capable administration, a wonderful parent community and a great group of students. I have two children in the school and really appreciate the education my children are receiving! The parent fundraising allows the school to have LAUSD basics with added programs like teachers aids, art, field trips and homework lab. In addition to time in their core classroom, my children look forward to art, drama, music, gym, coding and field trips. After school, enrichment programs bring by children together with their friends to play soccer, rugby, chess, build, garden and more.

In 2009 it was a daunting task to decide where our children would go to school and be challenged, inspired and thrive. We made the right decision going to Beethoven, our local school that we could bike ride, scooter or walk, with a wonderful neighborhood community of parents that will be our friends for life. We were involved with all aspects of our children’s school. We appreciate all the hard work of the staff, teachers and leadership at Beethoven. Beethoven is a true gem in the neighborhood.

This is a really good community school that borders LA & Venice border that's literally 10 minutes from the world famous Venice beach. The staff is courteous. The campus is clean & really feels like home when we visited for orientation. The curriculum is good & becoming more advanced with the introduction of the fairly new computer lab which is now offering coding(computer programming) for kids. Also typing & fundamental computer skills. The teachers are great here. My kid is definitely attending next year.

A small neighborhood school with a great community and wonderful teachers. I currently have two children attending this school who are thriving. The racial/socio makeup of the school is diverse. The state and district cut backs of the past few years have hurt the school, but an active PTA and fundraising, grant writing, etc have helped to bring back some of the amenities like TA's in the lower grades and a librarian. As a Title 1 school, we get some perks like having STAR as our after school program, and it's free via a grant. The size of the school (350 students) makes it easy to know most of the parents and kids, and there is a real community here. The principal greets me by name, and the past few times I've had to speak to her, I left her a note, and she called me before lunch. This is a diamond in the rough and a gem of a public school. For the parents reading this that are not zoned for Beethoven, please come take a tour and the PTA can help you navigate the paperwork for transfers.

Beethoven is a great school! It has highly qualified teachers that make sure that students are taught the Common Core Standards. They care for each child's well being. The school has a family friendly environment that reaches out to the local community. There are many great after-school programs as well. I love being a part of the Beethoven School Community!

I am a past student and parent of Beethoven as both my kids have graduated out. This school is amazing. Dr. Ford and the staff of teachers doing an AMAZING job. Those families choosing private schools and other schools not in their own community are truly missing out an amazing experience for their kids.

A fabulous community school of neighbors and friends working together to make our education system work well for our children.

There isn't enough positive words in the English language that I can use to describe how I and my family feel about Beethoven. As a former, student, staff member and presently as a parent Beethoven has shaped me into the person that I am. I am grateful to be a part of the Beethoven history. If you are concerned about your child's future the best starting point is Beethoven.

My child Loves Beethoven! Beethoven is a very small Community school, we have 350 students, which makes for small class sizes. I love that teachers know all our children even if they were not in their class. Our principal Dr. Ford is very active, she works well with the PTA and Booster Club. I still can not believe that we have the STAR program at zero cost. I am so happy to be a part of Beethoven! We are WINNERS!

Beethoven is a great school with good teachers and aides, an abundance of parent involvement and strong leadership in Dr. Ford. I have been involved wtih Beethoven for over 15 years 5 with my 3rd grade son and 15 years ago with my daughter. Many teachers who were just starting thiers careers 15 years ago are still there today! I think that is Awesome and speaks for itself, that Beethoven is the place to be. Way to go Beethoven Bears, parents, and staff you are truly Winners!

Last modified Beethoven Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.