Posted October 05, 2014
A small neighborhood school with a great community and wonderful teachers. I currently have two children attending this school who are thriving. The racial/socio makeup of the school is diverse. The state and district cut backs of the past few years have hurt the school, but an active PTA and fundraising, grant writing, etc have helped to bring back some of the amenities like TA's in the lower grades and a librarian. As a Title 1 school, we get some perks like having STAR as our after school program, and it's free via a grant. The size of the school (350 students) makes it easy to know most of the parents and kids, and there is a real community here. The principal greets me by name, and the past few times I've had to speak to her, I left her a note, and she called me before lunch. This is a diamond in the rough and a gem of a public school. For the parents reading this that are not zoned for Beethoven, please come take a tour and the PTA can help you navigate the paperwork for transfers.

Posted May 03, 2014
Beethoven is a great school! It has highly qualified teachers that make sure that students are taught the Common Core Standards. They care for each child's well being. The school has a family friendly environment that reaches out to the local community. There are many great after-school programs as well. I love being a part of the Beethoven School Community!

Posted April 29, 2014
I am a past student and parent of Beethoven as both my kids have graduated out. This school is amazing. Dr. Ford and the staff of teachers doing an AMAZING job. Those families choosing private schools and other schools not in their own community are truly missing out an amazing experience for their kids.

Posted April 28, 2014
A fabulous community school of neighbors and friends working together to make our education system work well for our children.

Posted April 17, 2014
There isn't enough positive words in the English language that I can use to describe how I and my family feel about Beethoven. As a former, student, staff member and presently as a parent Beethoven has shaped me into the person that I am. I am grateful to be a part of the Beethoven history. If you are concerned about your child's future the best starting point is Beethoven.

Posted January 14, 2014
My child Loves Beethoven! Beethoven is a very small Community school, we have 350 students, which makes for small class sizes. I love that teachers know all our children even if they were not in their class. Our principal Dr. Ford is very active, she works well with the PTA and Booster Club. I still can not believe that we have the STAR program at zero cost. I am so happy to be a part of Beethoven! We are WINNERS!

Beethoven Street Elementary School 1

Posted January 09, 2014
"INCOMPETENCE" is what they teach at this terrible Mar Vista/Venice school. Principal is terrible. I visited this school at an open house and was apalled at how sloppy and unprofessional the principal and teaching staff were. Very poor academics. The website is a disaster too.

Posted October 24, 2013
Beethoven is a great school with good teachers and aides, an abundance of parent involvement and strong leadership in Dr. Ford. I have been involved wtih Beethoven for over 15 years 5 with my 3rd grade son and 15 years ago with my daughter. Many teachers who were just starting thiers careers 15 years ago are still there today! I think that is Awesome and speaks for itself, that Beethoven is the place to be. Way to go Beethoven Bears, parents, and staff you are truly Winners!

Beethoven Street Elementary School 3

Posted October 24, 2013
Beethoven Elementary is a home away from home for my kids. They never want to leave or change schools. We love that there are less than 400 students; although, the class sizes seem to get bigger up into the 30's by 4th and 5th grade. As for a parent, our PTA and class parents are awesome! They do an oustanding job trying to raise funds for many programs. Unfortunately though, we are a Title 1 school, and therefore, can never meet our goal needs as there is continental divide. The school would benefit from two PTA programs, I believe. Some years I love our teachers and some years not so much, although the more I show up as an involved parent the more return I get from the teacher.

Posted October 24, 2013
My child loves Beethoven Elementary! They have a remarkable staff and lots of parent involvement. They have lots of great fund raising events that help support our teachers and students and make it fun for the whole family! Way to go Beethoven keep up the good work!

Beethoven Street Elementary School
3711 Beethoven Street, Los Angeles, CA  90066
Last modified Beethoven Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beethoven Street Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top