Bad
Good

Belmont Senior High School 4

Posted October 09, 2010
My high school... overcrowded and full of wonderful kids and teachers that always need more... public schools with these many students need all the help possible.

Belmont Senior High School 1

Posted March 24, 2010
A teacher was assaulted in front of the class in November, 2009. It is not a safe school. Do not send your child to that school!

Posted November 16, 2009
School is coming around, ever since it changed to a traditional format school.

Posted November 16, 2009
So far I have had no problems with the way the school coordinates a student in order to achieve success. From the counselors to the teaching staff.

Posted November 10, 2009
This school is good but the it is too crowded that if u don't leave your last period fast enough, you might not be able to get out. The school education system is great the teachers are talented and inspirational. However i can't wait to transfer but I'm gonna miss my friends there. I;m currently in Belmont Senior high,LA and I'm in 9th grade and I'm in LAAMPS ACADEMY. The counselor is always there for you, don't mind what people say about Belmont. Belmont is a great school in overall, their sports are great!!!

Posted October 13, 2009
I am currently attending Belmont and it's great. I'm in the academy LAAMPS. This is a great school. The teachers that I have want to be your friends. The counselors are there for you but they could do a better job in communicating with the student's. For the few months I've been there the school is challenging me academically and physically and by that I mean in sports the coaches push you to your limit so you could dot he best. Overall Belmont has definitely improved from the rumors and statistics I've heard.

Belmont Senior High School 3

Posted July 09, 2009
I have been attending Belmont High School. It is a good school however, some factors such as gang activity and affiliation of students need attention. Extracurricular activities such as sports are outstanding however, clubs and organizations are limited. Academic performance is improving as the school is now in a traditional state and student performance is emphasized within small learning communities. Overall, Belmont is a good school with a need for funding and improvements.

Belmont Senior High School 2

Posted June 07, 2009
I attended Belmont for my sophomore year and it was absolutely atrocious. Teachers are mediocre, excluding a handful that genuinely care about the students. The academic counselors (from my experience) didn't really care about us; it's more of a feeling that they're trying to push us out, rather than help us succeed. It's extremely overcrowded, and full of troublemakers (who I not personally blame, they just need guidance)....I'm eternally grateful that I was transferred to a new high school that they built right up the street from Belmont, Miguel Contreras L.C. I'm now a college sophomore and couldn't think of how horrible my future would have been if I stayed at Belmont. If any of you parents ever read this, please do me and yourself a favor and don't ever let your kids go there. You'll save yourself (and your child) from the disappointment.

Belmont Senior High School 4

Posted January 16, 2009
I am a former student and went to Belmont for my whole 4 years of high school. I also had two older sisters that went there. While I was there, the only problem I saw was the overcrownded hallways, classroom, and lunch lines. Other than that I thought it was great. I was part of the music program and it's one of the top music programs in Los Angeles. Also, Belmont has these small learning communitites called academies which help better prepare the students for college. I myself was in the Arts & Humanities Academy and the teachers were great. I am forever greatful to them because they made college so much easier for me. I think that as long as parents are involved, they shouldn't have a problem in this school. I know many of my classmates and fellow students that went on to top universities around the U.S.

Posted May 19, 2008
Belmont has one of the best music programs in the district. They are one of the few schools who participate in SCSBOA competitions all throughout Southern California.

1575 West 2nd Street, Los Angeles, CA  90026-5701
Last modified Belmont Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.