Los Angeles, CA
Students enrolled: 1,510

Posted July 05, 2011
Belvedere MS is in dire need of reconstitution! Everyone at that school needs to reapply for their position. Unfortunately, the staff is engaged in adult agendas and politics, which leave teaching and the students behind. The students and the community deserve more caring, responsible educators. It's disturbing when teachers express that they are tired of hearing that it's always about the kids! The teachers have held this school hostage and they are failing our students!

Posted July 03, 2011
I began my teaching career at Belvedere 10 years ago. I am so disappointed that things have not changed. 1) Parents should call Sacramento and speak to staff members in the STAR (Standardized Testing and Reporting) office. They should demand that unannounced visits be made to Belvedere during STAR administration. If talking is going on during the STAR test, the testing must be invalidated. That will make LAUSD stop the talking during STAR at Belvedere. I suggest creating a phase out, phase school transformation at Belvedere. Create a new school, that is on a different floor or section of the campus. Bring in a new grade in the new school in the fall, as you eliminate enrolling for that same grade grade in the old Belvedere. The new school will be held accountable to improve behavior and academics and school culture Parents would be part of the new school's stakeholder group, for the academic, behavior, and cultural progress of their children. Make the new school an IB or pre AP school. This same process could be repeated in other schools in the district. It would create a better school. Students and the community deserve a change at Belvedere.

Posted April 04, 2011
I attended this school from 1986-1989. You cant judge a school by how the students act. I myself was an honor student all three years while I attended Belvedere. I have the best memories from this school. Students act the way they are being taught at home. So if the kids are bad, in no way does that mean the school is bad. At the end, it comes down to the student. How much does she/he want to go ahead in life.

Posted March 30, 2011
I would hate to go back to this school, even though I am in the 8 grade now. I went to this school in grade 7 last year and kids ditch everywhere in the school, they smoke weed in the bathrooms, they have fights almost everyday, and their actions in every way are inappropriate. When I went to this school, the only teachers that cared and were cool was my Honours Science teacher, My Honours History teacher, and my Advanced Art instructors. The kids in Honours weren't even supposed to be there. I overhead many times that they cheated on the CST or just guessed. The students don't do their work and they are entirely disrespectful. It really is ghetto. The cheer-leading squad are like bullies because they talk about everyone and spread rumours. I would only visit this school just to visit the three teachers I stated. Other than that, the school is highly unwelcoming and the environment is completely out of hand. I don't recommend this school for anyone. There are also way too many crews and gangs in this school. I mean, this school doesn't even deserve a rating. Now that should tell parents something right there.

Posted February 28, 2011
i think this school is ghetto, and it needs more securties because during pe some kids will be smoking weed and they will be popping pills

Posted September 14, 2010
This school is terrible the steachers and staff let the students used profanity around them and there is a lot of adult activity in this school for 6-8. I've been at this school for 7th grade and this school is way below average. The honors classes itself, which I was in, was terrible. The students even talked so much during the CST. I left the school because of the way it is.

Posted September 10, 2010
I think Belvedere Middle School is a great school. It is such a great school! It's very big! And the teachers are very nice!! It's very rare for a girl out of their county or city to be enrolled there!!! Its AMAZING I highly recommend it

Belvedere Middle School 0

Posted May 14, 2010
because is excellent school ,the music clases help the kids to succes in the field of art.

Belvedere Middle School 0

Posted April 17, 2010
Im an eighth grader and i use to go to belvedere for sixth seventh and half the year of eighth. Belvedere isnt the best school, there are many children that are into crews and into some gangs, and there are a lot of tagging and a lot of fights and all of it is just drama, and i did not want to deal with all this drama anymore so i asked my parents if they could transfer me to a different school, and so now i go to a school called ynez in monterey park. I think this new school called ynez is more diciplined then belvedere. There are no fights or crews at this school because i say that 90% of the students that go to this school are mostly chinese and they pay a lot more attention then id say from the kids at belvedere.

Posted February 27, 2010

Belvedere Middle School
312 North Record Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90063
Last modified Belvedere Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Belvedere Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top