Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted September 03, 2015
Don't know yet since we just started attending, my concern is about reception . I have submitted my opinion.

Brentwood Science School 4

Posted September 03, 2015
What happened to reception? There is one particular lady (she called herself Nan) that seems like she hate her job and have no idea what she is doing there. When I call to ask some information she always put on hold FOR 10 min!!!! Hello... well if you work there don't you supposed to know answers to at least simple ?s. Nope, she rather blame on you, and says that she don't understand what you are saying ( people say that when they don't wish to talk to you Psychology 101). She needs to drink more coffee, cause everyone is busy and running doing work and can stay on phone waiting when she wakes up to do her tasks. She might think that people speak too fast, no way it is she thinks too slow. So what I do now - I hang up as soon as I hear her voice -anyway never get from her trustworthy and reliable answers. Call to diffrent person: less than a minute got what I need without dealing with her attitude and not understanding issues. I wish people choose the job they really like and knowledgeable about so other people not suffer from their unhappiness and misinformation.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 01, 2015
Worst experience with a teacher ever! I don't want to get into details because it's too long but there are much better teachers out there who care about their kids and their parent's concerns.

Brentwood Science School 1

Posted September 26, 2014
This school allow other kids to bully other kids. I went up there to talk to the assistant principal. At first they told me I had to make any appointment. I said o no to many kids has killed themselves because of being bullied. I went anyway to get the matter resolved. The assistant principal said she will take care of the matter but nothing was done. I even left my phone# and never received a call from her like she said she was going to do. The teacher doesn't challenge the children. Teacher gives homework sometime but doesn't take it up. The teacher started taking up homework once a parent came & ask was we going to take up homework. My son's class went 4 weeks without take any test until I called and asked about testing . He gave them 2 test that very same day I inquired about it. Run far far away!!!!!

Brentwood Science School 4

Posted August 16, 2014
My child has attended this school for four years. I have been extremely happy with his teachers. From my understanding, often times when changes happen that impact the morning school yard area, it is to ensure the safety of the children. The school offers a variety of ways for parents to reach out, connect, volunteer, and inquire about issues.

Brentwood Science School 2

Posted August 15, 2014
This is the 4th year in this school for my daughter and at the beginning I was so much more than happy but after the second year I'm thinking about to keep her there or not?. Academically she is progressing every year but at this point she's so unhappy with all this rules, she's just to bored of hearing this rude people who supposed to receive then with a smile every morning instead there is whistles and this kaind of military sistem,just now at the beginning of this 2014 school year you can here hand speakers telling all poor kids that they can't even been stand-up up and some of them are seated for more than 30 minutes you can see some of them sleeping on the ground totally bored , when they have the chance to play all around this wasted huge space. But worse than that is that the parents don't even know about all those rules and you can complain because when you try to do it no one here you!!!..... totally disappointed actually I feel my self very annoying and frustrated with the principal and her staff.

Brentwood Science School 2

Posted May 30, 2014
Brentwood used to be a good school, but in the last three years, it has lost it's focus. A change in administration is needed badly to boost morale and make this school what it once was. Teacher morale is low, and this effects the quality of teaching. The principal is MIA, physically and emotionally, and the other administrators do not seem to know what they are doing. There is little parent involvement in the school. The school is supposed to be a science and technology-base school, but there is nothing innovative or special in the curriculum. The teaching and discipline strategies are outdated. The school has so much potential, but it desperately needs strong leadership, which is currently does not have.

Posted January 30, 2014
The best elementary education in the entire Los Angeles area. Sending your children to BSM will create the substantial foundation all future learning institutions can safely be built upon.

Posted October 21, 2013
My son is in 4th grade and my daughter in Kindergarten at Brentwood Science Magnet. Our childrens' teachers at BSM have consistently been excellent, the academic level very high, the science labs are extraordinary, and there is a good after-school program (STAR), which is free. We also like the fact that our children are exposed to children who come from all over the city and speak 37 different languages. We have been thrilled with this school.

Posted October 09, 2013
I love Brentwood! Some of the teachers special. I feel that this was the place that my son did become a little genius. I am happy with the school overall, I have very little complaint.

740 Gretna Green Way, Los Angeles, CA  90049-4927
Last modified Brentwood Science School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.