Brentwood Science School 1

Posted September 26, 2014
This school allow other kids to bully other kids. I went up there to talk to the assistant principal. At first they told me I had to make any appointment. I said o no to many kids has killed themselves because of being bullied. I went anyway to get the matter resolved. The assistant principal said she will take care of the matter but nothing was done. I even left my phone# and never received a call from her like she said she was going to do. The teacher doesn't challenge the children. Teacher gives homework sometime but doesn't take it up. The teacher started taking up homework once a parent came & ask was we going to take up homework. My son's class went 4 weeks without take any test until I called and asked about testing . He gave them 2 test that very same day I inquired about it. Run far far away!!!!!

Brentwood Science School 4

Posted August 16, 2014
My child has attended this school for four years. I have been extremely happy with his teachers. From my understanding, often times when changes happen that impact the morning school yard area, it is to ensure the safety of the children. The school offers a variety of ways for parents to reach out, connect, volunteer, and inquire about issues.

Brentwood Science School 2

Posted August 15, 2014
This is the 4th year in this school for my daughter and at the beginning I was so much more than happy but after the second year I'm thinking about to keep her there or not?. Academically she is progressing every year but at this point she's so unhappy with all this rules, she's just to bored of hearing this rude people who supposed to receive then with a smile every morning instead there is whistles and this kaind of military sistem,just now at the beginning of this 2014 school year you can here hand speakers telling all poor kids that they can't even been stand-up up and some of them are seated for more than 30 minutes you can see some of them sleeping on the ground totally bored , when they have the chance to play all around this wasted huge space. But worse than that is that the parents don't even know about all those rules and you can complain because when you try to do it no one here you!!!..... totally disappointed actually I feel my self very annoying and frustrated with the principal and her staff.

Brentwood Science School 2

Posted May 30, 2014
Brentwood used to be a good school, but in the last three years, it has lost it's focus. A change in administration is needed badly to boost morale and make this school what it once was. Teacher morale is low, and this effects the quality of teaching. The principal is MIA, physically and emotionally, and the other administrators do not seem to know what they are doing. There is little parent involvement in the school. The school is supposed to be a science and technology-base school, but there is nothing innovative or special in the curriculum. The teaching and discipline strategies are outdated. The school has so much potential, but it desperately needs strong leadership, which is currently does not have.

Posted January 30, 2014
The best elementary education in the entire Los Angeles area. Sending your children to BSM will create the substantial foundation all future learning institutions can safely be built upon.

Posted October 21, 2013
My son is in 4th grade and my daughter in Kindergarten at Brentwood Science Magnet. Our childrens' teachers at BSM have consistently been excellent, the academic level very high, the science labs are extraordinary, and there is a good after-school program (STAR), which is free. We also like the fact that our children are exposed to children who come from all over the city and speak 37 different languages. We have been thrilled with this school.

Posted October 09, 2013
I love Brentwood! Some of the teachers special. I feel that this was the place that my son did become a little genius. I am happy with the school overall, I have very little complaint.

Posted September 24, 2013
A few years ago, my son was bored and not at all challenged. All he would do is worksheets. When I moved my son to Brentwood Science Magnet, he just flourished. The school gives an enriched education where students get to participate in hands-on activities during science labs as well as receive art and music which has been cut from most other schools. My son has friends from across the city. I love the diversity of the school. I am also proud of the strong parent support. I could go on and on about why Brentwood Science Magnet has been a great experience for us.

Brentwood Science School 4

Posted September 22, 2013
This is our 8th year at this school (my older daughter is now in middle school having gone to Brentwood Science Magnet from kinder through 5th grade). This an is excellent school, with a strong line-up of experienced and caring teachers. My older daughter started middle school very well prepared, thanks for the excellent education she received at Brentwood Science Magnet. The student body is large in size and very diverse, and while that presents occasional challenges, the administration deals with them well and our overall experience at the school has been very good. The current Principal, Ms. Taylor, is exceptionally dedicated, kind and hard-working. Children are very fond of her, and parents respect her. I would recommend this school to any family that values good education, in culturally rich environment.

Posted May 20, 2013
My daughter started BSM in the 3rd grade and she is now in the 5th grade, ready to transition to Middle School. We are beyond impressed with how much our daughter flourished while at BSM. The science curriculum is wonderful. We feel like she has had a well rounded education and she has had excellent teachers for each grade. The school size is much larger then the school we were at prior...this is not a bad thing. She has been in advanced Math and English rotations so that she is challenged academically and she has the greatest amount of respect for all of her teachers. Her CST test scores jumped dramatically year over year (especially in math) and 5th grade afforded a chance to go to Astro Camp. This was a wonderful weekend camp excursion in the San Jacinto mountains. Do not pass on this opportunity, it is the trip of a lifetime for kids this age. Our daughter entered BSM a shy violet. After three years, she is outgoing, confident and willing to challenge herself even when she is scared. This is something I would have never expected but it speaks volumes of how much of a positive impact this school has had. I cannot wait to send my son to BSM!

Brentwood Science School
740 Gretna Green Way, Los Angeles, CA  90049
Last modified Brentwood Science School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brentwood Science School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 380 reviews. Top