Los Angeles, CA

Posted October 01, 2013
I love this school I have been attending it since I was in pre k and now I am in 5th grade. I love all the teachers but my favorite teachers were Ms.Aguilar and Ms.Skinner . In the past 6 years we have changed principals form Ms.Robinson to Ms.Gygli . I whanted to keep Ms.Robindon because she was really nice. If your kids are going to elementary school you should send them to this school it is a really great school.

Posted September 26, 2013
My children have been going to this school for the past 8 years. The teachers are great! Two if my children have gotten perfect 600's on CST twice at that school. Many are veteran teachers who really know their stuff. Safety has improved considerably but has room for improvement. I had opportunity to send my kids to other schools but I stayed because it is a quality school. Parents have to do their part. You can't send a child to school and not invest in them at home then blame the school. The principal both past and present are approachable and easy to talk to.

Birdielee V. Bright Elementary School 3

Posted October 12, 2012
My son attended this school for pre k to 5th grade, is school is ok. My son was not fully prepared for middle school.

Posted September 06, 2012
great school I love the teachers and campus the teachers really care for the students on a one on one basis...........

Birdielee V. Bright Elementary School 1

Posted August 31, 2006
This School is not all that great. I think that some of the teacher's care about the kids and some don't. The principal is good. The safety of the school is terrible.

Birdielee V. Bright Elementary School 0

Posted August 03, 2005
- a former student
Bright Elementary, formerly known as Thirty Sixth Street School has been consistently staffed with experienced, veteran teachers who actually know how to teach children (go figure)- a concept that seems to be disappearing amongst many other schools these days. The newer teachers as well, are top notch. The staff members are dedicated and seem to value their profession. This school is without a doubt a 'diamond in the rough'.

Birdielee V. Bright Elementary School 3

Posted May 24, 2004
I've had two sons to attend this school, from pre Kindergarten until their culmination from 5th grade. While the API scores have increased I'm sad to say that they have failed to properly address the needs of the Special Education Children. Let us first recognise the facts that these children are not learning in the traditional manner, lets challenge their ability and give them some life skills, stop playing school.

Birdielee V. Bright Elementary School
1771 West 36th Street, Los Angeles, CA  90018
Last modified Birdielee V. Bright Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Birdielee V. Bright Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top