Los Angeles, CA

Posted January 16, 2014
My son is in the 3rd grade but has been attending this school since Kindergarten. Our initial thought when moving into this district was that if we found the school was lacking in any way, we'd put him in private school. Well, 3 years later we are still very pleased with Buchanan and what it has to offer. The teachers really care about their students and the principal, Mr. Baird, has been great. I am a proud Buchanan parent and am anxious for my 3 year old daughter to attend in a couple of years.

Posted February 19, 2013
One of my favorite things about this school is the participation of PTA and teachers working together. Great school to have your kids in. Love you Buchanan.

Posted February 10, 2013
Buchanan Elementary is a great school. I have been the Magnet Coordinator at Buchanan for the past 11 years. The teachers in the main school and magnet are dedicated, hard working and caring. They work together to plan lessons and events. The PTA is active and contributes to the school. The principal encourages new ideas and supports the staff. The parents and community are supportive of the school and the teachers and staff.

Posted April 27, 2010
I have a Second grader who is at the top of her class, which is excellent. Because I work longer hours I can not be as attentive as I would like to be as well as invovled as I would like to be. It is awesome that I get phone calls from her teacher letting me know how she is doing in school. The principal is new this year and have yet to hear any unstaisfactory news. The programs there are fantastic and the teachers are excellent.

Posted April 12, 2010

Posted January 20, 2010
buchanan is the best school in highland park!!!!from the teachers to there janitors

Buchanan Street Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2009

Posted June 17, 2009

Buchanan Street Elementary School 4

Posted March 06, 2009
I have 2 kids that attend this school for 2+ years now. Yes, the principal may seem difficult to many of us parents at times, but over all my run-ins with her seem to be at the end fair. Not what I was looking for as a resolution to the issue at hand, but fair once I took a few days to think out the entire situation. The principal, with the assitance of her school run a great program with all of the student/parent scheduled activities. All of the activities seem to get better year after year. I think over all it's a great school with caring teachers and staff (that I have had my children taught by). I must say that I am a very involved parent, I am always asking questions making sure that the school staff know who I am, this is key! Be present when ever possible.

Buchanan Street Elementary School 0

Posted March 05, 2009
My Daughter has been there since K and will be in 2nd grade this September. I do think there are some issues with the Principal but minor. I am extremely pleased as I get updates on my daughter by phone because I work far from home and at times can not attend all functions. She is fantastic. there are issues but again no school is flawless.

Buchanan Street Elementary School
5024 Buchanan Street, Los Angeles, CA  90042
Last modified Buchanan Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Buchanan Street Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top