Posted February 10, 2014
This is by far probably one of the worst middle schools of all. THERE IS A LOT OF BULLYING! I know so many people including me who have been bullied. I've been bullied in front of teachers and they do nothing about it! They basically support the bullying! Not only that but the teachers are terrible! Mrs. Willars is the worst! She never explains anything. Mr.Lee stares into his computer screen and unclearly explains everything. Mrs.Corona is boring and rude! Mrs.Abejero is close to mental and has such a thick accent you can't understand anything! Now for the staff members! Mr.Drake is lazy, and he doesn't like parental involvement. Mrs. Pearson is one of the worst! When you're being bullied all she does is call the person that bullied you, into her office, gives them detention, and they are free to go! This school made me hate learning and people.

Posted September 26, 2013
John Burroughs Middle School is a great school. The teachers and curriculum are fantastic. Yes

Posted September 19, 2013
I am a parent of an 8th grader. Her experience at John Burroughs Middle School was one of the worst. This school isn't education oriented at all. The teachers here are extremely lazy and unethical. I can name a few: Ms. Corona-the rudest an the most boring teacher. Ms. Davidson-highly unethical, lazy and unmotivated. On top of that, she orders pizza in the middle of class! Ms Abejero-is the WORST of ALL! Not only did she not teach my child anything, she has random mental breakdowns in the middle of her classes. Thick accent, to the point where none of her students understand her. Tests do correlate with the material given in the book or in class! Mr. Edelman is an older gentleman with no initiative or energy to even teach adults. MS. BEVERLY PEARSON-MAGNET COORDINATOR IS BEYOND RUDE! If she cannot speak to us, parents in a respectful way, what should we expect from her when she speaks to our children? Every time a parent comes to her with a certain issue or concern, Ms Beverly Pearson shoo's them away . I have a second child who is a couple of years away from middle school. There is NO way I would put him through what my daughter is going through right now!

John Burroughs Middle School 3

Posted September 11, 2013
i never attended this school but a family member did this school should improve and the staff should improve i attended emerson junior high in 1970 a much better school and i made lots of friends.

Posted September 10, 2013
My daughter gose here i went here as well as all my other children , my Brothers and sisters this is a great school love the teacher and the Principal.

Posted August 16, 2013
I graduated from this school in 2008, and have read some of the comments on this site regarding it. Yes, I agree, there were some racial cliques forming when I was in school, too. However, my group of friends were multi-racial and close-knit. (We were Ethiopian, Russian, German, Italian, Thai, Korean, Filipino, and Romanian.) While other kids may have been in their own racial groups, I still feel that so many students had a friendly connection to their teachers. Going to school was something I looked forward to daily, and I'm appalled students in the present generation disagree.

Posted August 09, 2013
Wow. This is an amzing school with amazingly dedicated staff, hardworking principal, and educationally motivated students. The outside is beautifully maintained. This school is at the level of, if not better than, an expensive private school.

Posted July 12, 2013
I graduated this year to rate the school it was really bad. I mean if they were going to tell us to fill in a survey about what needs to change I mean shouldn't you try to change it. for example the bathroom was really dirty when I was 6 grade and when I was 7 grade the bathroom was even more disgusting and in 8 grade the bathroom was so disgusting I couldn't stand to go inside but I only went because of my friends. some teachers are nice but I saw a history teacher make her students run around the field and then go to there fourth period after. I didn't even feel safe in this school. I am kind of embarrassed to say I went to that school. just because of there api does not mean they are a good school inside.

Posted July 05, 2013
I went this school and had the best year of my life I school improve more and u DON'T get LOCKERS!

John Burroughs Middle School 4

Posted April 30, 2013
My experience here was really cool. I could have rated it a 5 but some staff and teachers are lazy, inconsiderate, and haven't teached us anything. In fact Mr.Edelman was so lazy, ex. he moved project dates, lost hw and projects, forget things, and just doesn't do his job well. Although most of the staff is awesome and the principle does his job well. The campus made me feel safe and a majority of teachers gave me a good education. Love JB.

John Burroughs Middle School
600 South Mccadden Place, Los Angeles, CA  90005
Last modified John Burroughs Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Burroughs Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 129 reviews. Top