Los Angeles, CA
Students enrolled: 1,973

Posted September 26, 2013
John Burroughs Middle School is a great school. The teachers and curriculum are fantastic. Yes

John Burroughs Middle School 3

Posted September 11, 2013
i never attended this school but a family member did this school should improve and the staff should improve i attended emerson junior high in 1970 a much better school and i made lots of friends.

Posted September 10, 2013
My daughter gose here i went here as well as all my other children , my Brothers and sisters this is a great school love the teacher and the Principal.

Posted August 16, 2013
I graduated from this school in 2008, and have read some of the comments on this site regarding it. Yes, I agree, there were some racial cliques forming when I was in school, too. However, my group of friends were multi-racial and close-knit. (We were Ethiopian, Russian, German, Italian, Thai, Korean, Filipino, and Romanian.) While other kids may have been in their own racial groups, I still feel that so many students had a friendly connection to their teachers. Going to school was something I looked forward to daily, and I'm appalled students in the present generation disagree.

Posted August 09, 2013
Wow. This is an amzing school with amazingly dedicated staff, hardworking principal, and educationally motivated students. The outside is beautifully maintained. This school is at the level of, if not better than, an expensive private school.

Posted July 12, 2013
I graduated this year to rate the school it was really bad. I mean if they were going to tell us to fill in a survey about what needs to change I mean shouldn't you try to change it. for example the bathroom was really dirty when I was 6 grade and when I was 7 grade the bathroom was even more disgusting and in 8 grade the bathroom was so disgusting I couldn't stand to go inside but I only went because of my friends. some teachers are nice but I saw a history teacher make her students run around the field and then go to there fourth period after. I didn't even feel safe in this school. I am kind of embarrassed to say I went to that school. just because of there api does not mean they are a good school inside.

Posted July 05, 2013
I went this school and had the best year of my life I school improve more and u DON'T get LOCKERS!

John Burroughs Middle School 4

Posted April 30, 2013
My experience here was really cool. I could have rated it a 5 but some staff and teachers are lazy, inconsiderate, and haven't teached us anything. In fact Mr.Edelman was so lazy, ex. he moved project dates, lost hw and projects, forget things, and just doesn't do his job well. Although most of the staff is awesome and the principle does his job well. The campus made me feel safe and a majority of teachers gave me a good education. Love JB.

Posted April 08, 2013
Yes, this is school administration is very unprofessional and the teachers don't care about the students. Magnet coordinator MS. BEVERLY PEARSON is worse person & Mr. Rodriguez is worse teacher.

Posted February 04, 2013
I recently visited JB for coffee with the principal. I stayed a little over to speak with parents and administrators.The one thing I noticed more than anything was that the safety officer and an older lady with security shirt sat at lunch tables for at least 2 hours straight, on their phones, with no regard to the loitering students, hiding under their noses.I asked about this behavior and was told this was common practice and the principal and safety officer are friends. The plant manager is overworked. The man is amazing. I saw him fast walking from 8:00a till the time I left which was around 10a. It was him who opened the gate for me to leave as the safety officer was too busy socializing on his phone. On the same visit, LAPD was interviewing a parent in said safety officers office, and to my amazement was a HUGE, brand new, flat panel TV propped on a bookcase in his office.My child says teachers have no supplies yet the safety officer has a T.V. in his office?The principal must have taken a public relations course because his answers are always open ended. Nothing is ever concrete. "we're looking into it." type of answers. Be weary. API is not the end all be all in choosing JB.

John Burroughs Middle School
600 South Mccadden Place, Los Angeles, CA  90005
Last modified John Burroughs Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Burroughs Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 129 reviews. Top